8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: President Obama  (Read 10034 times)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: President Obama
« Reply #75 on: November 05, 2008, 08:34:35 AM »
For Pete's sake people - PULL IT TOGETHER.

Yay PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!   <HI>   ;)    <:)    <(' ')>    <NOT WORTHY>   :cheeze:   (woohoo)   :ROFL2:

I have pulled it together so to speak...lol...now if someone could just come pull my truck over to the mechanics shop this morning to
get an injector pump put in so I might get to belton instead of having to scratch....ummmm yeah....I'm gonna worry bout that more
this morning...lol......
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #76 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:36 AM »
huh!! rut row! do u want to use my truck?  do i need to come get u and nephew and Jewel?
can't wait till May!!!

Offline LBrune

• Mega Member
« Reply #77 on: November 05, 2008, 08:42:57 AM »
Everywhere, and everyone I talk to is now discussing we have a black president now....I never considered him black....i considered him a candidate for president, and now he is.  I only wish our solutions were as easy to see and printed in black and white.  I am only fearing
the unknown....from a person I did not support as president.  My candidate will not win everytime.  Just like my horse will not win everytime.
I am going to look at his presidency more along the lines of a "green" horse....it will take hauling, good advice and good trainers to make him
a winner in my book.  I hope he succeeds for all of us in this country.  I hope that his battles go easily, and he gets good advisors and has
a great run....there is nothing we can do except be patriotic and support him at this point and that is what i intend to do until I see him screw
it up, if he screws it up.....and then we who did not vote for him can all say "I told you so...."....until then what is done....is done..... <(' ')>
It is time to move forward and start trying to make things work and we can't sit in yesterday in order to do that despite all the discussion
about what he did, what he won't do or what he might do....you have to have faith. <(' ')> <(' ')>  I'm just going to believe and pray, and know
that God has a plan....he might surprise us!
This was very well said Laura....you are wonderful with words.  And I wholeheartedly agree with you.  As I said to my husband I did all that I knew to do to get McCain elected, with tears in my eyes.  McCain didn't win, and I think he accepted defeat very graciously.  I think that's what we all need to do, accept the defeat and move ahead, as Laura said we don't always win.  Obama will be our President in January and and I think we as a country need to be patriotic and support him wholeheartedly.  If Obama fails then we that voted for McCain can say I told you so.
But maybe he will surround himself with a good team of advisors and good decisions will be made for our country.  If so then we can all be happy.  Say your prayers and give this to God.  It is time to quit worrying about what "might be."  We just all need to get behind and support Obama as President and do the best we can.
As Laura said we just might be surprised.  God bless the United States.

Offline Jackie

« Reply #78 on: November 05, 2008, 08:43:21 AM »
Poor Poor Laura. It is always something!  <(::)>

Offline Trouble n Texs

• Elite Member
« Reply #79 on: November 05, 2008, 08:57:28 AM »
I have to think of it this way.  Obama may be my president but I only have one leader and that's God!

<THANK YOU!>
FRIENDS ARE LIKE A TREE,SOME ARE LIKE THE ROOTS OF THE TREE ALWAYS STANDING SOLID W/U...OTHERS ARE LIKE THE LEAVES OF THE TREE THEY GO ALL DIRECTIONS WHEN THE WIND BLOWS,AND OTHERS ARE LIKE THE STUFF U USE TO FERTILIZE THE TREE........FULL OF $@^* !!!!

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2008, 08:58:46 AM »
 :\\(((
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2008, 08:59:40 AM »
hahaha....Andrea....is the post rubbing you wrong dear?   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  

Like I said before, I'm not all into the politics...because I agree...the President doesn't always have the final say....Congress....hmmm....I just don't agree with the things that a President SHOULD do that he didn't....place your hand over your heart during the pledge, not turn the back on the flag....that's the small things I see....all the other--well, Bush, Bush Sr., Clinton and all those in the past haven't fixed all the problems and Obama, whether he's black, white or other, isn't going to fix everything either.  I think there are issues that he's for that aren't right but hey, that's only an OPINION of mine....and everyone has one....I hope and pray he gets in there and does straighten it out!  As far as the black and white issue, if I remember correctly, there were a TONNNNN of whites at the park last night in Chicago and obviously since he won it by a large amount of electoral votes, the people voted for who they thought was the best candidate.  

I agree--we are going to have to relax and go with it....the people elected him and he is now the President of the United States...
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2008, 09:03:22 AM »

I'm like Linus....this little black cloud of dust keeps following me 'round....and no matter how much philosphy i put to it---I can't shake it!!
I'm fixin' to TURN INTO LUCY!!! GRRRRR....
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline olneykat

• Elite Member
  • Just smile...make people wonder what you're up to!
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2008, 09:04:58 AM »
You can borrow my truck! I have 3 1 ton Dodges and 1 ½ ton Dodge...take your pick!
KC

Offline thamesranch

• Jackass Hunter
  • Mega Member
« Reply #84 on: November 05, 2008, 09:05:26 AM »
I did not vote for Obama, but he is now our President.  I pray he will be the best president he can be.  
I truly hope this win was not based on color, but do feel it was based mostly on the economic issue.  
I was thinking last night if i were a blind or visual challenged person, and could only make my decision on what I heard how would I have voted?  There were many facts I could take issue with for eithere candidate.  But I want a President who fears God, and will rely on Him for strength and wisdom.
As I said in my first sentence he is "our" new President elect.  If we are a nation to be in a state of dissention, how can we have peace, move forward, and hope for better conditions for all?  Our nation has survived presidents in the past that were not exactly great for our nation.  I do pray Obama will be among the best leaders, although I think it is up to us to earnestly pray now and in the future for him to be guided, and have the wisdom he will need.  I also feel his wife, Michelle, must step up the plate and be the roll model that she will need to be as have the first wives in the past.  They are looked upon by young girls and women and held in high regard, so the position is of high importance and there is no room for error.
I hope Obama will be the president in which we can be confident.
Do it right, or get off the Horse.

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #85 on: November 05, 2008, 09:18:11 AM »
do you know this man your pres.. isnt a christain. and he isnt for our freedom... do you realize that yor freedom came from war.... go back before the civil war..... What about the farmer.... you know what.... we have livestock... but its a life and biz.. but im not selling them or give them away just because sally down the road doesnt have what i have so that makes me better offf... you know what sally get off your but and work for what ive got............my 8 year... yes 8 year old corrected his speeches that were on tv..... im ashame for once in my life to say im american..... you know what if mccain was black i would have still voted for him... I wanted the best man for pres......

HE's Church of Christ......I guess you are saying they are not christian? I just love the judgementalist.....Hey I am not a christian, guess that makes me a bad mammajama, I don't like how the word has became tainted. Did someone ask you to give your stock away for Sally down the street? Amazing.....I believe .....it is because he is black that you have a problem.......you are the one mentioning it not me. :ROFL2:

He is LESS BLACK than he is WHITE and LESS WHITE than he is Jordanian/Palestinian. He has not attended the Church of Christ for the past twenty + years. He attends a church that preaches against Christianity, believes in the Muslim faith, and preaches against any other race.  You don't change your life long beliefs JUST BECAUSE you're running for President and it looks better. He stated on Meet the Press with George Stephanopolis he is of MUSLIM FAITH!
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline CaughtYawl

• Fossil
« Reply #86 on: November 05, 2008, 09:20:57 AM »
For Pete's sake people - PULL IT TOGETHER.

Yay PRESIDENT OBAMA!!!   <HI>   ;)    <:)    <(' ')>    <NOT WORTHY>   :cheeze:   (woohoo)   :ROFL2:
hmm, pretty sure I got it together... and i'm still not gonna say yay..

Offline pricectlcomp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #87 on: November 05, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »

HE's Church of Christ......I guess you are saying they are not christian? I just love the judgementalist.....Hey I am not a christian, guess that makes me a bad mammajama, I don't like how the word has became tainted. Did someone ask you to give your stock away for Sally down the street? Amazing.....I believe .....it is because he is black that you have a problem.......you are the one mentioning it not me.
[/quote]

I have managed to stay away from this thread but this has gone too far. Obama is not a member of the Church of Christ!!!!!!!!!!! He is a member of the UNITED Church of Christ. There is a difference. If you would like me to prove that difference I would love to have you come visit my Church on Sunday morning. Now that being said....I do not care what color he is. He is very scary. I will pray everyday that he has a change of heart on a lot of issues. I pray he will be the best president ever and he will help this nation. That won't happen imo with the way he feels now. God help us and keep us safe, Amen.

Offline barndad

• Veteran Member
« Reply #88 on: November 05, 2008, 09:28:30 AM »
Looks like canchaser gets an A for homework. She got it right! Hi Sharon!
nut'n fancy

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #89 on: November 05, 2008, 09:47:30 AM »
Everywhere, and everyone I talk to is now discussing we have a black president now....I never considered him black....i considered him a candidate for president, and now he is.  I only wish our solutions were as easy to see and printed in black and white.  I am only fearing
the unknown....from a person I did not support as president.  My candidate will not win everytime.  Just like my horse will not win everytime.
I am going to look at his presidency more along the lines of a "green" horse....it will take hauling, good advice and good trainers to make him
a winner in my book.  I hope he succeeds for all of us in this country.  I hope that his battles go easily, and he gets good advisors and has
a great run....there is nothing we can do except be patriotic and support him at this point and that is what i intend to do until I see him screw
it up, if he screws it up.....and then we who did not vote for him can all say "I told you so...."....until then what is done....is done..... <(' ')>
It is time to move forward and start trying to make things work and we can't sit in yesterday in order to do that despite all the discussion
about what he did, what he won't do or what he might do....you have to have faith. <(' ')> <(' ')>  I'm just going to believe and pray, and know
that God has a plan....he might surprise us!
Very well said Laura, that is exactly how I see it.   As I have said several times already this morning.....   We will see.....
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.