8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: President Obama  (Read 10030 times)

Offline olneykat

• Elite Member
  • Just smile...make people wonder what you're up to!
Re: President Obama
« Reply #90 on: November 05, 2008, 09:48:46 AM »
I must say, "from the mouths of babes" as my children just said..."Wonder if God is shedding a tear right now as he looks down on his children and sees the LACK OF FAITH and TURMOIL amongst them.  Oh ye of little faith...God Will Prevail...it is written in the Good Book!"
KC

Offline fastcowgirl

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #91 on: November 05, 2008, 10:18:18 AM »

HE's Church of Christ......I guess you are saying they are not christian? I just love the judgementalist.....Hey I am not a christian, guess that makes me a bad mammajama, I don't like how the word has became tainted. Did someone ask you to give your stock away for Sally down the street? Amazing.....I believe .....it is because he is black that you have a problem.......you are the one mentioning it not me.

I have managed to stay away from this thread but this has gone too far. Obama is not a member of the Church of Christ!!!!!!!!!!! He is a member of the UNITED Church of Christ. There is a difference. If you would like me to prove that difference I would love to have you come visit my Church on Sunday morning. Now that being said....I do not care what color he is. He is very scary. I will pray everyday that he has a change of heart on a lot of issues. I pray he will be the best president ever and he will help this nation. That won't happen imo with the way he feels now. God help us and keep us safe, Amen.
[/quote]Amen sista... prove them wrong..... <NOT WORTHY>
Its not the trailer you pull up in, but the horse you pull out..

myspace.com/fastcowgirl
A little cocky, but can back up what I say..
(with facts)
-Home of truth and opinions...

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #92 on: November 05, 2008, 03:42:52 PM »

HE's Church of Christ......I guess you are saying they are not christian? I just love the judgementalist.....Hey I am not a christian, guess that makes me a bad mammajama, I don't like how the word has became tainted. Did someone ask you to give your stock away for Sally down the street? Amazing.....I believe .....it is because he is black that you have a problem.......you are the one mentioning it not me.

I have managed to stay away from this thread but this has gone too far. Obama is not a member of the Church of Christ!!!!!!!!!!! He is a member of the UNITED Church of Christ. There is a difference. If you would like me to prove that difference I would love to have you come visit my Church on Sunday morning. Now that being said....I do not care what color he is. He is very scary. I will pray everyday that he has a change of heart on a lot of issues. I pray he will be the best president ever and he will help this nation. That won't happen imo with the way he feels now. God help us and keep us safe, Amen.
Amen sista... prove them wrong..... <NOT WORTHY>
[/quote]

I have copied and pasted their statement of faith. It may be a bit different than the "Church of Christ" you attend....Same as I know, the statement of faiths that many "churches" proclaim....all a bit different than the next. SO many churchessssss.......I wonder are there individuals in your church who if a stranger were to see them on the streets or living out their lives.....I wonder would they say they are not "christian"? The point is, just because a person goes to a particular church does not mean they are of the same mind as everyone in that church....I know as I have been there myself.... I have watched the entire segment that was "proclaimed Obama made a mistake talking about his "Muslim faith".....have you ? I realized it was no mistake and he was not making a mistake and if you had watched more than the little clip you'd also know he made no mistake. But then again, you are believing what you want in spite of your signature.
Statement of Faith
Leader 1: We believe in you, O God, Eternal Spirit,
Leader 2: God of our Savior Jesus Christ and our God, and to your deeds we
testify:
People: You call the worlds into being, create persons in your own image,
and set before each one the ways of life and death.
Leader 1: You seek in holy love to save all people from aimlessness and sin.
Leader 2: You judge people and nations by your righteous will declared through
the prophets and apostles.
People: In Jesus Christ, the man of Nazareth, our crucified and risen Savior,
you have come to us and shared our common lot, conquering sin and
death and reconciling the world to yourself.
Leader 1: You bestow upon us your Holy Spirit,
Leader 2: creating and renewing the church of Jesus Christ, binding in covenant
faithful people of all ages, tongues, and races.
People: You call us into your church to accept the cost and joy of
discipleship, to be your servants in the service of others, to proclaim
the gospel to all the world and resist the powers of evil,
Leader 1: to share in Christ’s baptism and eat at his table,
Leader 2: to join him in his passion and victory.
People: You promise to all who trust you forgiveness of sins and fullness of
grace, courage in the struggle for justice and peace, your presence in
trial and rejoicing, and eternal life in your realm which has no end.
Leaders
1 and 2: Blessing and honor, glory and power be unto you.
All: Amen.
The Statement of Faith in the Form of a Doxology was approved by the Executive Council of the
United Church of Christ for use in connection with the 25th anniversary of the UCC. It was based on
an inclusive language version by UCC President Robert V. Moss. It is presented here in an
arrangement for congregation and leaders in responsive style.
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #93 on: November 05, 2008, 06:08:43 PM »
Hey Pony girl, you got it wrong he is Black and white so that ought to be the best for both worlds!! *:o
settle down you got some record breaking saddle winning runs to make in the next couple of days!! >:D
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline meandmo

• Veteran Member
  • Proud Softball Mom
« Reply #94 on: November 05, 2008, 08:34:53 PM »
For those of you who prayed so hard for God to help us......? God generally answers prayers.....we generally don't agree with God when he answers prayer. I say he answered your prayers, you will have to wait on him to show you how it is in his scheme of things. I trust God, not Obama. I trust God, even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall fear no evil for he is with me. What can man do to me? I do not fear man, for I have the Lord of hosts on my side. If you are of faith, then act like it!!!!!!!!
Stop your belly aching and whining, stand up and stand on your faith. This is rediculous thinking that one man can send God's faithful into terrors. DEAR GOD!!!!! How do you know that Obama is not God's answer? I guess you are like the Israelites who retreated before the giant Goliath. Boy! When little David went forth, they rediculed him.....but he believed in the Lord of hosts. Although things may seem totally out of ordinary for you, can you have faith that God is with you and if God is with you, who can stand against you? If you die it is of no importance, but what you die for is!
I believe God shall not be mocked, he does not lead with an iron fist, he leads the lion and the bear with a small child.
If I remember correctly, ONE man did some unspeakable things to God's chosen people.  So if some of us are a little scared of someone that we don't really know anything about, well YOU stop your whining that we shoudn't feel the way some of us do.  How do YOU know what is going to happen?  Believe me after 9/11, I never thought we would have any man in the White House named Barack Hussein Obama!  Somehow that just doesn't sound like a good ol' boy from the US of A!!

Offline fastcowgirl

• Mega Member
« Reply #95 on: November 05, 2008, 08:44:53 PM »
Not a good ole boy from the usa... why cant he prove that is american citizen... mc cain did...

myspace.com/fastcowgirl
(with facts)

Offline slopernmitchell

• Novice Member
« Reply #96 on: November 05, 2008, 09:28:44 PM »
I can not believe you people are still bringing this old crap up.  It makes me sick - he is our president now.

Shut it and get over it already.    >:D

Offline fastcowgirl

• Mega Member
« Reply #97 on: November 05, 2008, 09:32:41 PM »
I can not believe you people are still bringing this old crap up.  It makes me sick - he is our president now.

Shut it and get over it already.    >:D

Its called freedom of speech and how dare you to tell anyone to shut up......

myspace.com/fastcowgirl
(with facts)

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #98 on: November 05, 2008, 09:59:11 PM »
 *:o
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #99 on: November 05, 2008, 10:58:13 PM »
Telling people to shut up is very rude.
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #100 on: November 05, 2008, 11:21:23 PM »
Yes...I agree telling people to "shut up" is very rude.  I have no issue with you or anyone else expressing an opinion on this forum.  It is not
uncommon for each of us not to agree from time to time.  But it IS very common for us to be more of a family....and as a family type forum of
barrel racers, we do not always disagree, however we do our best to disagree respectfully.  Please take that to heart.  <(' ')>
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 11:37:07 PM by lauraSchumann »
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #101 on: November 05, 2008, 11:28:56 PM »
I agree, be tactful when you suggest something. We all have our opinions, they might not be the same. But, we still like each other. I hate when my kids tell each other to shut up.
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2008, 06:45:04 AM »
Hey Pony girl, you got it wrong he is Black and white so that ought to be the best for both worlds!! *:o
settle down you got some record breaking saddle winning runs to make in the next couple of days!! >:D

Hey girlfriend....how's that leg? Huh and the other part that is blue, black and green? I'll see you in Belton...and we'll finish this... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: Yep I figure he wouldn't have won if it was not meant to be. :cheeze:
Settle down? You know that is not possible for me....It's interesting to hear how other people think, I also , like to clear misconceptions.
It's a pet peeve of mine. But as Laura has stated, this is a family and I agree with her. I like everyone on here, even if they don't agree with me.
I'd hate it if everyone had the same mind.....how boring would that be?
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline up the middle

• Mega Member
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2008, 06:59:52 AM »
yea, and thank goodness not everyone is rude
Dont blame me, I voted for the other guy

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2008, 11:25:47 AM »
I love all of yall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~:()
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess