8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: RRBRA members or thinking about it....What do you think of this type format?  (Read 9482 times)

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
I have emailed this to everyone on the list, but in case some are not on the current list, thought I would put it on here for feedback.

What do you guys think about this format?  6-D, 1/2 second splits, $30 entry
fee, no sign-up fee, $15 membership per person or family over 3 people $50.  75%
equal payout, 11 shows per year, one each month, say last Saturday or Sunday of
the month.  10 point system.  Saddle to each D champion, trophy buckle to each D
reserve, trophy breast collar to each D 3rd place, trophy head stalls to each D
4th place, saddle pad to each D 5th place, 6-10th place each D prizes. No
jackets to everyone, but option to purchase jacket or vest if you are new and
don't have one.  Work requirements still in effect.  Fundraiser's as
necessary, but nothing that will break the bank or have you paying for your own
prizes.  Youth option-$10 entry fee 4D full second splits, no payout or point
system but earn "bonus bucks" based on one "bonus buck"
worth $1.  1st place in each D is worth $10 in "bonus bucks", 2nd
place $9, and so on down to 10 places.  This needs a little more thought as to
how the "bonus buck" payout would work, because the goal would be 100%
of the entry fee be returned to the youth each time, maybe not go10 places deep.
 At the end of the year, the youth get to make a trip to say, somewhere like
Aubrey and spend their accumulated "bonus bucks" on items of their
choice.  We might be able to work a deal with someplace like Aubrey to give the
club a discount, say for every "bonus buck" the kids spend, the club
pays .90 cents.  Or you could go with the option to purchase pre-paid credit
cards for them and they can spend where and how they want.  A possible 9 and
under class for beginners, $5 entry fee, trophies and ribbons each show, kind of
like the playday's used to be.  I have tried to think of what is needed in
this economy, to give people a reasonable cost to run, not be breaking the bank
in membership fees, mandatory fundraisers, fundraiser fees, sign-up fees, and to
still give the younger groups something to run for without breaking their
parents.  Any feedback or thoughts?  Just trying to get everyone thinking about
next year and the kind of association you would like to see.

Offline Rebecca

• Elite Member
I just wish the shows were closer like I heard they use to be...I would like to run at them.

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
Bumping for the evening crowd.

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
do all your shows need to be so far north? Like the idea about the membership fees, and it is nice to get something the younger ones have a shot at also. :TIGGER:
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

LightningLilly

Luv2brunnincans...sounds like you have some new IDEAS and have this all figured out. Are you going to Run for President?

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
do all your shows need to be so far north?

I think that would be nice!!!!!
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
the only thing i didnt like is the 6d format.... it seems like without ove r200+ entries it would be spreading the money out a little to far.  JMO Im not a member but with a new board in office i was considering next year. 
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
Luv2brunnincans...sounds like you have some new IDEAS and have this all figured out. Are you going to Run for President?

Absolutely not!  I have served in every other position including Vice-President, and everyone should get to experience being on the board at least once.  With 4 kids ranging from 16-2 years, I can't make that kind of commitment.  But I also think the membership should be more involved in decision making, as it was originally.

Offline Rodeo Mom

• Dinosaur!
  • Huckleberry's Xtreme Barrel Race Jan 2 Bryan, Texa
From the producer stand point you will have to pull in a huge crowd at each show to support those wonderful prizes and 6 divisions.  Always remember your last 3 shows or so will be smaller as people drop out who are not in the standing so do not depend on extra money the last few shows.  Just my experience with associations
I love the concept and hope you have an awesome club.  Good Luck
Takin' barrel racing to the Xtreme.....

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
the only thing i didnt like is the 6d format.... it seems like without ove r200+ entries it would be spreading the money out a little to far.  JMO Im not a member but with a new board in office i was considering next year. 

My thoughts were based on giving more people a shot in the open, rather than giving Novice saddles, Senior 3D saddles, Youth saddles, etc.  With the 6D format and the Youth set up as a 100% payback only, no saddles, I thought more youth who can compete in the open, would, and leave the youth for those less experienced riders to learn and grow.  As it is now, a youth can enter the open and the youth and win saddles in both classes and even different D's and alot of times a youth is exactly who sets the pace for everyone.  You are correct, each show would not have a huge payout, but with 100 entries, 1st in each D should pay a little over $100 and if 5 places are paid in each D, 5th would at least get their money back.  I was probably being a little conservative on the year end prizes, but I think you should state up front what the minimum prize level will be and then if there is more left over, then you could add to those prizes.  Alot of people over the years have tried to cut out the youth altogether, but that is a big draw for RRBRA.  I have not been on the board in quite a few years and am certainly not current on the cost of arena's and such, but I know when I was on the board, exhibitions usually covered all those costs.

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
From the producer stand point you will have to pull in a huge crowd at each show to support those wonderful prizes and 6 divisions.  Always remember your last 3 shows or so will be smaller as people drop out who are not in the standing so do not depend on extra money the last few shows.  Just my experience with associations
I love the concept and hope you have an awesome club.  Good Luck

Since membership money will not be spent on jackets for everyone as it has been in the past, that too would be used to support the prize base.  With a smaller membership fee(your not just paying for a jacket), I was optimistic we could increase membership and with the youth set up to benefit those less experienced, just starting out kids, that more of those folks would join also.

Offline Jackie

I don't like the idea of the 6d. I think it is going to spread the money out to much. I also liked them when they were on Sundays. I was able to attend those.  :cheeze:

Offline Slickster

• Mega Member
    • Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
There are soo many different opinions, likes and dislikes.  Heck, thats what make us INDIVIDUAL...some like 6D format, some do not...some like Sunday shows, some do not ...some like certain size arenas and certain types of ground...and its all ok that not everyone agrees.  There is no right and wrong...You cannot please everyone all the time.
I know that I look forward to the yearly participation jacket or vest, some may not. (it seems to be good advertising for the association). 
Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
www.RRBRA.com

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
The problem is, I like many others, have plenty of the jackets/vests.  We don't get a say right now whether we want one or not.  It's kind of like here is the membership fee, but you get a jacket/vest for that money.  I would like to see a choice.  I don't want a jacket/vest, so don't make me pay for one.  Give me the choice to order one if I so desire.  If people don't start looking at how the association is going to go forward in a recession/depression type economy, then I feel like not nearly as many people are going to be able to afford to join.  That first show is always a killer on the pocket book, especially if you have kids running, with membership fees and entry fees, you can easily spend $200 or more.

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!

My thoughts were based on giving more people a shot in the open, rather than giving Novice saddles, Senior 3D saddles, Youth saddles, etc.  With the 6D format and the Youth set up as a 100% payback only, no saddles, I thought more youth who can compete in the open, would, and leave the youth for those less experienced riders to learn and grow.  As it is now, a youth can enter the open and the youth and win saddles in both classes and even different D's and alot of times a youth is exactly who sets the pace for everyone.  You are correct, each show would not have a huge payout, but with 100 entries, 1st in each D should pay a little over $100 and if 5 places are paid in each D, 5th would at least get their money back.  I was probably being a little conservative on the year end prizes, but I think you should state up front what the minimum prize level will be and then if there is more left over, then you could add to those prizes.  Alot of people over the years have tried to cut out the youth altogether, but that is a big draw for RRBRA.  I have not been on the board in quite a few years and am certainly not current on the cost of arena's and such, but I know when I was on the board, exhibitions usually covered all those costs.
      NOT A MEMBER NOW BUT THAT IS SOMETHING I WOULD CONSIDER JOINING AGAIN,WITH HAVING TO DRIVE FARTHER THAN BEFORE I LIKE THE MONEY BEING SPREAD AROUND (6D). I THINK WITH ECONOMY BEING THE WAY IT IS  PEOPLE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEWHERE TO RUN AND HAVE FUN,TUNE ON HORSES AND NOT BE OUT A LOT.(JMO)
"LET HIM RUN"