8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: RRBRA members or thinking about it....What do you think of this type format?  (Read 9486 times)

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
yea that is right cody ,i have pictures of the first awards,i ought to send wpra megans picture,and gosh we had a blast at skidmore building   a band and dwayne b-b-q ed,    i think i still have a list of the 1st years membership
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline SmoothOKFuel

• Veteran Member
  • Fuelin W
hey luv2      i liked your idea  <HI> for what it is worth,but i'm old so my opinion may not count *:o *:o

Vicki, did you all start RR when ARK-LA-TEX dissolved?  I can remember going to Ark-La-Tex at Springhill especically before RR...so was just wondering.

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
For the 6D situation, this would eliminate the adult, youth and senior classes right?  At the moment I am a bit concerned about the meeting....maybe I don't understand what the premise of the meeting is...So I will ask, is it to only elect the board or to discuss changes in the format of the barrel races and such?  My concern is that it will be the "neverendingmeeting"
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 01:54:24 PM by easyturn »

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
I'm sure you don't have to worry about any of that at the meeting.  My purpose for the post was to get everyone thinking about new ideas that might help people out in the current day economy and move the association forward in that environment, from all indications, we will be stuck in this cycle for a few years.  It really got off track from there.  The 6D or any new format was solely my idea and will likely not be presented at the meeting.  RR was run by the membership when I joined.  Any new ideas or rule changes were voted on by the membership.  Nominations for board positions were held and a vote taken.  It took a different direction several years back when it was decided the board was the governing body and had the sole power to enact or change rules.  The board began to be volunteer positions rather than elected positions, partly because everyone that was nominated declined and it fell upon those not wanting it to go under to jump in and go with it.  After the meeting tonight and the decision of who the 2009 board will be, each person will have to assess for themselves if membership is their choice.

Offline Slickster

• Mega Member
    • Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
Easyturn:  Im concerned about the neverendingmeeting, as you put it, also. :-\\\\\\\\  We are running for 2009 and as far as I know so is Amy H.  Now, there may be other nominations also, Im not sure.  I think that each person plans to go over what theyd like to see for RR next year, hear what the membership would like to see and take a vote.  I hope its organized and not craziness.   (woohoo)
Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
www.RRBRA.com

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
hey luv2      i liked your idea  <HI> for what it is worth,but i'm old so my opinion may not count *:o *:o

Vicki, did you all start RR when ARK-LA-TEX dissolved?  I can remember going to Ark-La-Tex at Springhill especically before RR...so was just wondering.

I THINK ARK-LA =TEX WAS JUST BARELY HANGING ON,LIKE I SAID WE JUST NEEDED SOMEWHER FOR US (ADULTS) GO TO  THE KIDS HAD PLAYDAYS ,4 STATES,BIG YOUTH SHOWS SO ELLA AND I JUST PUT OUT LETTERS TO EVERYONE AND SAID IF INTERESTED SHOW UP EL CHICO,AND  THEY DID MAYBE 20,ELLA AND I  HAD GONE TO THE NOW FOLDED ETBRA AND THEY WANTED ALL THIER SHOWS UP AROUND DALLAS ,EVEN WHEN WE WOULD HOLD THEM AT THE FARGROUNDS ARENA  AND HAD SOME OF THIER BIGGEST SHOWS,SO WE SAW A NEED FOR ONE IN THIS AREA,NOT JUST MP BUT WE MADE IT 75 MI.RADIUS AND MEMBERS THAT WANTED TO HAVE SOMETHING IN THIER DIRECTION THEY SET UP THE PEN AND THAT WORKED WELL
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member
Thanks for the clarifications. Like I said this is all pretty new to me, I joined NBHA and RRBRA this year and the BBR (don't ask me why since no races are remotely close)  ANYway....just kinda wondering what people were proposing as to the format, I am still kicking around the ideas as to what would bring in more members and keep them coming back....Just trying to be open minded.... >BRAINFART< >BRAINFART< >BRAINFART<

Offline Rebecca

• Elite Member
I think if a club could swing it a little added to the open and keep it the 4d... I've always thought if your not fast enough for the 4d thats what the ages classes are for. Unless you do like some and ride in all the classes you can. Hey, I'm not a 1d rider,my pony goes from the 4 to the 3 back and forth,just depends if he wants to run or not. :cheeze:... Hope no ones reads this wrong, just telling my thought.

Offline Slickster

• Mega Member
    • Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
I think if a club could swing it a little added to the open and keep it the 4d... I've always thought if your not fast enough for the 4d thats what the ages classes are for. Unless you do like some and ride in all the classes you can. Hey, I'm not a 1d rider,my pony goes from the 4 to the 3 back and forth,just depends if he wants to run or not. :cheeze:... Hope no ones reads this wrong, just telling my thought.

Rebecca:  That is sooo true and a very good point.

Easyturn:  Where are you located???
Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
www.RRBRA.com

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
  EASYTURN--- I THINK YOU ARE ON THE RIGHT TRACK,WHAT WILL KEEP THE MEMBERSHIP GOING,AND I DON'T KNOW OF ANY MEETING THAT IS NOT TOTAL CRAZZINESS,BUT I BET YA'LL GET THINGS WORKED OUT I WOULD LIKE TO SEE SOME COME THIS WAY AND WOULD SURE HELP GET AN ARENA SET UP.I LIVE IN WINNSBORO NOWAND NEW HORSE SO IT IS A LITTLE MUCH TO DRIVE EACH SHOW THAT WAY,BUT DON'T COUNT ME OUT I MIGHT GET WITH ROWDY AND COME THAT WAY.  DIESEL KEEPS GOING DOWN(NOT) I CAN GO LOTS OF PLACES AGAIN,EVERYBODY WORK TOGETHER AND THIS WILL WORK OUT.I'VE NOTICED IN THE PAST RR GOES THROUGH THIS EVERY YEAR
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member
I agree that added money brings in more riders.

Seems like red river had added money if they had 100 riders year before last?  That was when I first started goin, and was merely a spectator, so I am not really sure...

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member

Easyturn:  Where are you located???

Right here in front of the computer   >:D....

I am about ummm....50 miles north of Texarkana

Ok...well so some ideas would be a 6 D, age divisions or no age divisions with a youth class....how does everyone feel about equal pay outs per D then etc. 
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 03:03:31 PM by easyturn »

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!

I THINK ARK-LA =TEX WAS JUST BARELY HANGING ON,LIKE I SAID WE JUST NEEDED SOMEWHER FOR US (ADULTS) GO TO  THE KIDS HAD PLAYDAYS ,4 STATES,BIG YOUTH SHOWS SO ELLA AND I JUST PUT OUT LETTERS TO EVERYONE AND SAID IF INTERESTED SHOW UP EL CHICO,AND  THEY DID MAYBE 20,ELLA AND I  HAD GONE TO THE NOW FOLDED ETBRA AND THEY WANTED ALL THIER SHOWS UP AROUND DALLAS ,EVEN WHEN WE WOULD HOLD THEM AT THE FARGROUNDS ARENA  AND HAD SOME OF THIER BIGGEST SHOWS,SO WE SAW A NEED FOR ONE IN THIS AREA,NOT JUST MP BUT WE MADE IT 75 MI.RADIUS AND MEMBERS THAT WANTED TO HAVE SOMETHING IN THIER DIRECTION THEY SET UP THE PEN AND THAT WORKED WELL

vicki, i know in 92 RR was already going strong, i think my first year of membership was 93? i'm thinking somewhere around 90 for starters? surely ella will remember! lol
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
 I'M SURE THINKING 88 OR 89 ELLA AND I HAD BOUGHT STAR AND DJ JUST ABOUT THE SAME TIME ,I KNOW I HAVE A BUCKLE SHAWN WON SETTING AT HOME THAT I HAULED DJ WITH US TO COLDSPRINGS TO TRY HIM,O I WISH DJWAS 6 OR 7 AGAIN (SHOOT I'D TAKE HIM AT 17)  HE WAS SURE NOT GOING IN TILL HE WAS READY .I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD FORGET THE YEAR RR STARTED. MY OLD FOLKS DISORDER :cheeze: IS FLARING UP TODAY
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member
another question.....The meeting is at the arena in New Boston, right?  Does anyone know if it's supposed to rain