8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: RRBRA members or thinking about it....What do you think of this type format?  (Read 9479 times)

Offline diggin4home

• Extreme Member
    • Red River Barrel Racing Association
Yes it is at New Boston....I don't think it is supposed to rain...if it does...we can use the clubhouse.

Offline Runnin Wild

• Veteran Member
Easyturn, the RR does already have equal payout in the ds. The added money is always split equally also

Offline Runnin Wild

• Veteran Member
Vicki, I was in the RR way back then too. Just like today there are so many different things for the youth to do, such as 4 states, South central, and others that I can't think of. I'm not knocking the youth here but because of those associations is why your youth classes at the RR ,I think, are not as big. I know we need to have things for out youth, hence they are our future, but the adults need something too. Heck, we aren't getting any younger, I would like to do this as long as I can,my time is more limited than theirs...LOL!!!
Again I am not meaning to knock the youth, so Moms don't get your panties in a wad!
Let us just all support the sport that we all love....and hope all of these fuel prices will keep falling so we can continue on...
See everybody tonight, and look forward to meeting some new people....

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Runin Wild, I was just curious if people LIKED equal pay out per Division.  Like I said I am new and maybe my wording is incorrect.

I think that added money and an open 4 d race will bring in and KEEP more people myself.  I also like the age divisions cause the youth are too fast for me....lol!  But what I like does not mean that is the BEST idea for an association...just wanted to provoke thought before the meeting so people can present and discuss ideas instead of argue and nothing get done.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:11:59 PM by easyturn »

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
Runin Wild, I was just curious if people LIKED equal pay out per Division.  Like I said I am new and maybe my wording is incorrect.

I think that added money and an open 4 day race will bring in and KEEP more people myself.  I also like the age divisions cause the youth are too fast for me....lol!  But what I like does not mean that is the BEST idea for an association...just wanted to provoke thought before the meeting so people can present and discuss ideas instead of argue and nothing get done.

Added money 4D's happen every weekend, they payout and everyone goes home.  RR is a long-term commitment with the chance to win money at each show and additional year-end awards for that long-term commitment.  If RR is an added money 4D race only, what would be the incentive to join as a member?  You have to remember this association was put together when added money and D races were non-existent and there was nowhere to work young horses or season a horse except for playday series held only in the summer months when school was out.  Glad your putting thought provoking ideas on the table though.

Offline easyturn

• Novice Member
I agree, didn't think about retaining members...maybe added money when possible to draw more contestants.  Will the association end up making more if more people come who may not be members?  Year end awards are a great incentive to get people to join as well, but I figure if the money per race is too low if it is spread too thin, some people may not want to join then.  Everything has a positive and negative side I guess...

Dunno just thinking aloud...so to speak
« Last Edit: November 14, 2008, 04:25:24 PM by easyturn »

Offline Runnin Wild

• Veteran Member
I personally don't like the equal payout, but everywhere you go it is just about equal payout. Just about everywhere I go it is equal payout....There are always going to be differences of opinion on that. Some have argued that it draws a bigger crowd....I don't know if that is necessarily true or not. So equal payout is ok with me,seems like the going thing.
As for those youth, I know what you are talking about. There are some very tough young riders out there.

Offline LUV2BRUNINCANS

• Elite Member
I agree, didn't think about retaining members...maybe added money when possible to draw more contestants.  Will the association end up making more if more people come who may not be members?  Dunno just thinking aloud...so to speak

Yes, and that's what is used most of the time for fundraising.  Adding $1000 to draw in the non-members, whose $7.50 a run the association gets to keep and can use for member benefits, such as prizes.  When you add money you can change the entry fee and or office charge or payout, etc. to make sure you are adding value to the bank account and not actually taking away from it.  If you add $1000 and don't get enough response from non-members, you really are not gaining much if the money was not donated by someone.

Offline SmoothOKFuel

• Veteran Member
  • Fuelin W
I'M SURE THINKING 88 OR 89 ELLA AND I HAD BOUGHT STAR AND DJ JUST ABOUT THE SAME TIME ,I KNOW I HAVE A BUCKLE SHAWN WON SETTING AT HOME THAT I HAULED DJ WITH US TO COLDSPRINGS TO TRY HIM,O I WISH DJWAS 6 OR 7 AGAIN (SHOOT I'D TAKE HIM AT 17)  HE WAS SURE NOT GOING IN TILL HE WAS READY .I WOULD HAVE NEVER THOUGHT I WOULD FORGET THE YEAR RR STARTED. MY OLD FOLKS DISORDER :cheeze: IS FLARING UP TODAY

I was thinking in the late '80s too...

Offline Andie Guess

• What?
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • $5 fine for whining
    • NBRA
Here's hoping it goes well.
'I'm your huckleberry' Doc Holiday

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
  • It is what it is..................
Re: RRBRA members or thinking about it....What do you think of this type format?
« Reply #100 on: November 14, 2008, 09:20:33 PM »
Any news???
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
Re: RRBRA members or thinking about it....What do you think of this type format?
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2008, 09:34:33 PM »
Any news???
              i'm sure thier still hashing things out ,i bet it was cold hopefully they got in the clubhouse,you going anywhere this weekend.did you get your truck fixed
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #102 on: November 14, 2008, 09:38:26 PM »
Any news???
              i'm sure thier still hashing things out ,i bet it was cold hopefully they got in the clubhouse,you going anywhere this weekend.did you get your truck fixed

doing the military thing this weekend, but truck does go into shop on Sunday and should be ready Wed morning.  I am so excited!!!!  Can't wait to start hauling again.  You gonna go to Marshall over the Thanksgiving holidays?  I am planning on taking my two crazy mares. lol 
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.  -Dr. Suess

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #103 on: November 14, 2008, 09:44:45 PM »
 i may try to go one day not all week end tho,i'll have to see.need to get my colt out and ride him around at these shows did you see the deal at pickton on sundaysclose and cheap,my draw fairly well 50,60
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline Txsweetie

• I'm Loving It....
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #104 on: November 14, 2008, 10:13:27 PM »
i may try to go one day not all week end tho,i'll have to see.need to get my colt out and ride him around at these shows did you see the deal at pickton on sundaysclose and cheap,my draw fairly well 50,60

No what is going on in Pickton?