8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I got Bunk Beds in my trailer!!!!Got A/C!!!  (Read 8865 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: I got Bunk Beds in my trailer!!!!Pics!!!!
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2008, 06:06:04 PM »
Very COOL!! I have to get one more door on, everything stained and one more bench covered then mine is DONE!! Wait, and the ceiling trim!

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2008, 06:08:12 PM »
REALLY NICE BETS
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2008, 07:51:00 PM »
Thanks.  Well, we got the mattresses on the top and bottom............The top bunk can be taken down when wanting a seating area.........Now we are going to work on the electrical box and my extension cord to be able to plug in.......I am looking for a tv stand and I want a microwave.........I can live with an ice chest.  I also am begging for a hot water heater and sink..........I already have the pump and hot water heater from a capri camper that I was in an accident with.......... (woohoo) (woohoo)  It's been over a year and now I can sleep in it.........Yah............ :cheeze: :cheeze:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline txmom

• Extreme Member
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2008, 08:01:24 PM »
Very cool!  I like it!   :cheeze:

Offline meandmo

• Veteran Member
  • Proud Softball Mom
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2008, 08:23:44 PM »
Thanks.  Well, we got the mattresses on the top and bottom............The top bunk can be taken down when wanting a seating area.........Now we are going to work on the electrical box and my extension cord to be able to plug in.......I am looking for a tv stand and I want a microwave.........I can live with an ice chest.  I also am begging for a hot water heater and sink..........I already have the pump and hot water heater from a capri camper that I was in an accident with.......... (woohoo) (woohoo)  It's been over a year and now I can sleep in it.........Yah............ :cheeze: :cheeze:
You should check into the hot water on demand heaters.  They have them at Lowe's and Home Depot and a small one for your trailer shouldn't be very much.  The problem with hot water heaters is that they don't heat very much water and take up quite a bit of room.  The  'Hot Water on Demand' heaters provide all the hot water you need and uses less propane and will mount anywhere and take up very little room.  If I ever have another living quarters trailer, that will be the one thing I will insist on because nothing is worse than running out of hot water when it is freezing outside. 

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2008, 08:25:56 PM »
More pics!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2008, 08:27:31 PM »
My hubby is proud of his work!!!! >:D >:D
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:29:17 PM by gbacres »

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2008, 08:52:52 PM »
Betsy, that is so sharp. Makes me wish even more I'd won that 2 horse at WBR from Elder. What are you going to do for air? I'd think a rv unit would freeze you right on outta there.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #38 on: November 28, 2008, 09:01:00 PM »
I know...........I keep debating.  We haven't done the ceiling yet cause I am not sure.  I just want to cut a hole in the slant wall near the corner of the horses butt, but don't put the until all the way in the horse part and box it in in the inside........Glynn thinks it would work and it wouldn't be as much $$$ and it wouldn't make a deep freezer out of me..............One has to remember though I'm always freezing so I'm not too worried about a a/c until it's scorching................. :cheeze:

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2008, 09:04:04 PM »
Cool deal betsy!!  I likes it!!

Is there a way to store stuff under your bunk bed...is there a door??
Also I was thinking that if you mounted a flat screen tv to the wall in there it might give you more room....for your hubby that would be easy!!
If you had the storage under your bed you could also store your microwave there and your hubby could build a fold down table that attaches
to the wall to sit in on when you need it.

I'm racking my brain trying to find some ways to save you space!!....mc hammer is right about one thing...you wouldn't need a big ac unit---
you'd freeze to death....and all you would need is a little heater like the one we used in my trailer....that is a small black and decker heater that is ceramic i got for $25.....ceramic is safe, the others are not. <HI> <HI>

I LOVE YOUR TRAILER----ITS AWESOME!! CONGRATS!!
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #40 on: November 28, 2008, 09:07:16 PM »
Does mammadearborn come with the heater to turn it around when needed?   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Also, yes there is storage all under the bottom bunkbed.................The lids pull right up to access............I married an engineer don't forget................. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #41 on: November 28, 2008, 09:09:42 PM »
you never know bets....its those smart ones that get cornered on projects sometimes! >:D >:D >:D

Did you think bout a drop down table that attaches to the wall for the micro?  I know he could build it!!

I cannot believe he has done this all today!!  Where the hell was this man when I was rebuilding my trailer?? :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #42 on: November 28, 2008, 09:14:41 PM »
I didn't think about one that mounts to the wall...........I was thinking of one that you put the pipe in but that means that thangy is in the middle of the floor.........I think I rather the  wall idea.  We are looking for something to mount the microwave like on a shelf probably in the corner near the doorway...........Your idea is good too..............

I have laminate floor left over from my house too and I think I am going to get Colt to put it in to get rid of the carpet...........The floor is easier to vaccum............

BTW-We did the bed but the walls were already done...............Colt did those last summer, he and I.  Did you see how the top bunk comes down and it can make a couch?  The cushion from the top bunk will hide the boards on the back............It's cool............I will take a better picture of it later............ I likes it a lot........Glynn said when I am hauling by myself I can leave that heavy top board at home because I can sleep on the bottom.  I told him though I can't put crap on the top though if it isn't there..................... :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #43 on: November 28, 2008, 09:19:09 PM »
I'd probably leave it in there for a place to stack my stuff....if its just you and your stuff, you won't care.  I like that top bunk being
there and available, for sure just one time you would take it out and wish you'd had it!!  I think you have done an outstanding job!!

I sure wish someone was that handy to have done that for me about 10 years ago.....I had a 4h, S & H steel trailer with a 6' dressing room
that I dearly loved....it just pulled so good!!  I fixed it up somewhat but nothing like that!  I LOVE IT!! :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #44 on: November 28, 2008, 09:24:34 PM »
Have you got any hooks yet to hang your clothes??