8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: I got Bunk Beds in my trailer!!!!Got A/C!!!  (Read 8871 times)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: I got Bunk Beds in my trailer!!!!Pics!!!!
« Reply #75 on: December 01, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »
ok bets if u get a tv..now dont u have to have like cable or dish when on the road cuz in 2009 u cant just get waves outta the air..may be i will ask hubby one for xmas
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #76 on: December 01, 2008, 03:09:03 PM »
Well, I put the tv on the back burner right now.............I just ordered my Air Conditioner.  I am so excited.  I can watch movies if nothing else................I don't do tv much any way...........But yest rabbit ears won't work after February............ (woohoo) (woohoo)

www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #77 on: December 01, 2008, 03:11:54 PM »
well they just told me 170 for the crankup antenna and 150 for installation of it all..

but hey does your AC have a heat strip?
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #78 on: December 01, 2008, 03:25:33 PM »
well they just told me 170 for the crankup antenna and 150 for installation of it all..

wow,................No it doesn't have a heat strip but I used my little heater last night and it will run you out of there too...............It was quite toasty............... :cheeze: :cheeze:

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #79 on: December 01, 2008, 03:26:29 PM »
My little $19.00 wal-mart ceramic heater is great as well
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #80 on: December 01, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »
 <NOT WORTHY> <NOT WORTHY> <NOT WORTHY>

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #81 on: December 01, 2008, 03:29:36 PM »

I got my digital antenna at an RV place in Katy.  It was on sale and with installatin it was $115 so check around for some sales.  I had mine done at Camping World.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #82 on: December 01, 2008, 03:32:18 PM »
Way to go Murphy 6................I have to get me a tv first so I have a little time............How is Morgan doing?

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #83 on: December 01, 2008, 03:44:48 PM »
She is doing great, got back on her horses yesterday.  She is very lucky she did not have some major damage done. Someone had not latched their pen along the alley where they had their horse tied and when Morgan went in the alley Cowboy started dancing around and bumped the unlatched gate with his butt causing it to swing open.  She didn't realize the gate had opened up because she was looking forward taking off to the first barrel.   Running out after her run (which they had a really nice run) the pen was wide open and the gate was blocking the alley some so she hugged that right side and slammed her leg at the L in the alleyway (don't know why she didn't slow down more- I think she was really caught off guard and was more worried about the gate and him running in the pen with the tied horse).   

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #84 on: December 01, 2008, 04:22:43 PM »
Yes, she is lucky.   Glad she is doing well <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #85 on: December 01, 2008, 06:58:30 PM »
Thanks.  Well, we got the mattresses on the top and bottom............The top bunk can be taken down when wanting a seating area.........Now we are going to work on the electrical box and my extension cord to be able to plug in.......I am looking for a tv stand and I want a microwave.........I can live with an ice chest.  I also am begging for a hot water heater and sink..........I already have the pump and hot water heater from a capri camper that I was in an accident with.......... (woohoo) (woohoo)  It's been over a year and now I can sleep in it.........Yah............ :cheeze: :cheeze:
You should check into the hot water on demand heaters.  They have them at Lowe's and Home Depot and a small one for your trailer shouldn't be very much.  The problem with hot water heaters is that they don't heat very much water and take up quite a bit of room.  The  'Hot Water on Demand' heaters provide all the hot water you need and uses less propane and will mount anywhere and take up very little room.  If I ever have another living quarters trailer, that will be the one thing I will insist on because nothing is worse than running out of hot water when it is freezing outside. 

I'm slowly finishing my stuff out and I'm 99% sure I'm going to switch to an on-demand heater for my trailer.

I set mine up as all electric because I didn't see an overwhelming need to educate myself on propane or to try to set everything up via that route (mine is a weekend package with shower, sink, fridge, micro, etc). The appliances were more expensive as well (trailer started off sorta on a budget, but the more I've done, the more I've spent). Anyhow...with a 6 gallon water heater, I ran outta hot water one morning (the morning I didn't try to conserve by turning it off while I lathered up) and it got COLD!!!
The on-demand heaters heat faster and use equal amounts of power if you select the correct one. They are small too (some of them) and even the "not so small" ones occupy less space than a regular small water heater.

You could do a small vanity type set up - floor to ceiling. Under the sink, put your water heater. Above the sink, built a cabinet space for the microwave. Secure all of it to the wall somewhere (opposite of the beds??) and mount a TV or TV stand to the wall as well (I've got a flat screen TV mounted in my trailer...built in DVD player so I don't have to worry about a stand for that). Put a small water tank in the space under your bottom bunk. Use "pex" water lines and run it along the wall (unless you haven't installed paneling - then run it behind the wall) to the sink. You don't need a grey water tank - just set up a drain from the sink to the floor via pipe or heavy duty hose & run it through a small hole in the floor. If I need to be courteous, I can put a bucket under it then dump elsewhere, but so far, it hasn't created a puddle. My potty is a porta potty so it isn't like poo is on the ground. You can also set it up to drain into a portable gray tank, which you can purchase from RV places. This avoids the problem with "dragging off" your tanks if they are added post-factory to a trailer not designed to have them.

I can totally picture all this and I could sketch it out for you if you could send me the measurements of your dressing room. LOL!!!
I can also (later - it's too late, cold & dark to take them now) email you pictures of how my sink drain is arranged.

You can get a "bar" type sink from Lowes or Home Depot and they are adequately sized for brushing your teeth, handwashing, etc....That's what I have. It's like 12" wide, 6" deep - stainless and square.
If God brings you to it, He will bring you through it.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #86 on: December 01, 2008, 06:59:21 PM »
My little $19.00 wal-mart ceramic heater is great as well
Ha Ha!! That's what I have - but I think mine was $17 - my walmart is better. LOL!!! j/k

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #87 on: December 01, 2008, 07:46:23 PM »
Thanks Mandi..............I will pass that info on to my hubby..............If at all possible I would like water but if not I can make do..............I have to think about the weight factor too.............. :cheeze: :cheeze:

Ceiling is done except for the seam pieces..............Have to trim it out at the top and put the rope border...........I will take some pics later after I clean it up.

Offline Mandi

• Fossil
« Reply #88 on: December 02, 2008, 02:36:38 PM »
Thanks Mandi..............I will pass that info on to my hubby..............If at all possible I would like water but if not I can make do..............I have to think about the weight factor too.............. :cheeze: :cheeze:

Ceiling is done except for the seam pieces..............Have to trim it out at the top and put the rope border...........I will take some pics later after I clean it up.

You can always haul it empty and if you are staying somewhere, fill it up before you "set up" for the stay. That way you aren't hauling the extra weight all the time, but you have the option of using it when you do need it.
If you are only doing a sink, you wouldn't need a whole lot of water anyhow...small tank would work fine. I can go through my receipts and see where I ordered mine. They had all sizes and could do custom stuff tooo.

Offline humphreygirls

• Veteran Member
  • Christmas 2007
« Reply #89 on: December 02, 2008, 02:59:33 PM »
we saw them first...they were on their way back from lumber yard and had stopped to get dinner and jes and i stalked them.  they are beautiful.  i want some...  glen is so talented.  <()>
humphreygirls