Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open!
Draw & Live Results
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 1
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Tues prior
8am - 6pm

Author Topic: Benjamin Update Nov 28th, 2008  (Read 12599 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Benjamin Update Nov 28th, 2008
« on: November 28, 2008, 11:20:21 AM »
Okay, Ive been real quiet the past 3 months about Ben cause I wanted our new course of Meds to play out and see how they would help him.   He has been on the Lyme protocal for many months now and he has just gotten better and better in soooooo many little ways.   Well our last visit to Dr Stewart was in early Sept and we changed up his MB12 shots to a company in Austin that he started using and I was able to drop the Metanx, Cerefolin and MB12 that I had him on (I wont grip cause that was over $200 a month for them) but I was really concerned about making that change because he has been on the Metanx since 2005 and we saw so many good things from it.  And he has been on the MB12 shots for several months too and I liked the gains I got from that.   But, I am seeing even more good things now so I have a whole lot more confidence that this new compounded MB12 is going to work better than the other 3 together.    We also started him on a product called Thymic Immune Factors because Dr Stewart is wanting his immune system to step up to the plate and take over from the medicine.   In all honesty something is definitely helping with the inflamation because Benjamin is just doing so many more little things now and really showing what he can do (as long as it is his idea of course).   His comprehension has jumped cause he is following more and more commandes and doing more and more for himself, putting on shoes, socks, pants, shirt with minimal help.   Just tons of small things.   I have been really excited about it!!!!!!

He was great yesterday, we spent a little over 3 hrs at the relatives house before he got antcy.   When he starts acting up it is easier to convince him to settle down.    He is actually wanted Bob to interact with him, hugging him, playing games with him.   I put him back on the Listening Therapy (a program I bought YRS ago!!!!! ) and wow.   I think he has enough focus now that the program is helping him.   Of course the first week he wasnt happy about having to wear earphones for 15 mins 2xs a day but he is completely over that now and does it with a smile.    He has just been so good, not to say that we dont butt heads from time to time but on avg, way up in overall attitude and ability. 

He can walk down the steps while only holding on to one rail using recipricol gate (easy for us, difficult for him) and he is doing it regularly, not sporadically.   Of course with the increased showing of intelligence comes the increased hard headedness but I can live with that.   >:D

So, a little over a week ago we went and did a blood draw so we could see if the new meds will actually make a difference in his blood work.   I know Im seeing the differences but I would love for it to start being testable thru blood too.   At the same time as we went to get the draw, we ran out of the MB12 script and I called and the nurse I talked to said, "Oh we only do those as a 1 round course".   I said, "Well not in this case cause I am seeing some really good things and am not willing to give them up,  I am HUNGRY for more of that kind of Ben!"   >:D

So, we have continued with them and actually 3 days ago I dropped one of his supps because I noticed he was kinda spacey from it, so I took it out and he became more alert and even more communicative, more socialble, more bunches of stuff.....   Now, Im contemplating dropping a couple more supps but may wait until my visit with Dr Stewart.    Im hoping that he will actually take Ben off of the 2 antivirals, I think I am ready to take that step now, I have more confidence that Ben can handle bugs on his own now, dont ask me why it is just one of those mother things....

This is one reason why I am so thankful for what Laura did because hopefully it will give me the opportunity to do 1 ro 2 therapies while he is in this state of being and help him make even more advances....   :yes:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 11:26:02 AM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Benjamin Update Nov 28th, 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2008, 11:31:25 AM »
 <ROCKON> :()& :()& :()& :()& :()&
Always good to hear great news about Ben!!! 
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2008, 11:46:44 AM »
 :yes:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline gjcst

• The day is only as bad as you LET it be!
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2008, 09:31:54 PM »
Very good news!  What a wonderful holiday gift!  8) 
Money can't buy you happiness, but it sure can make you smile!  :)

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2008, 09:42:19 PM »
Great news!!!  so glad to hear that everything is starting to all come together.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 03:30:17 PM »
 <(' ')>  :cheeze:
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 10:09:19 AM »
Tamet, How's it going?  Please update us! 
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 12:23:28 AM »
Right now both Ben and Tamet are sick with the crud Joe brought back from Canada
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2009, 09:56:24 AM »
Let's just pray that the new meds have improved his immune system enough that he can fight this off better this time.  :)/\\

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2009, 04:40:10 PM »
Actually I had to put him back on 1 antiviral during this round.   He has pretty much kept it at bay.   He is coughing like me, he had a runny nose for a few days, but of course no fever.   I wish he would run a fever at least I would know his immune system was stronger.   He hasnt run a fever since he was tiny.   Even when he got pnuemonia a couple of yrs back he still didnt pop 100.   His right eye is matting up each day and he isnt eating like he normally does so I know he is still off.   He will bounce back though.   He is outside riding around on his mower with a big ole grin on his face right now.   Hopefully in the next couple of weeks we will get our ABA eval done and get him started back.   He is doing really good, yall will see him tomorrow at Stephenville, we are going to come over for a little while and he is going to watch tractors and I am going to ride Final and pony Effy.

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2009, 07:20:34 AM »
So glad to hear that he is somewhat able to fight this crud himself. I've had it for two weeks and there are days that I wish someone would just go ahead and shoot me. Cudos to Ben's new doctors and the things they are finally doing to help him.  :)/\\  :)/\\  :)/\\  :)/\\