8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Wieght Loss Leader Board on page 51 - Somebody is making a move!  (Read 52841 times)

Offline Frankie

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: The Weight Loss Wagon is rolling! Get on Board Y'all!!
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2008, 09:19:58 PM »
well I can't play with y'all. I have been working on this and I have loss 17 so far ;)I was 157 and now I am at 140  8) <ROCKON> I still got a little more to go, maybe 15 more to go, I will be happy with that

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2008, 09:29:45 PM »
well I can't play with y'all. I have been working on this and I have loss 17 so far ;)I was 157 and now I am at 140  8) <ROCKON> I still got a little more to go, maybe 15 more to go, I will be happy with that
WOO HOO!! Good for you!!

Offline Rafter D Horses

• Mega Member
  • Janie (Fishers Dash X Passem Up mare)
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2008, 05:17:02 AM »
Okay um . . . need some help.
I am having my first craving . . . at 257 PM on the FIRST DAY of my new lifestyle, I am craving cake.

My mind says have a small amount of cake to squash the need, and then get on with your life.
But the honest fat girl in me can tell you that I have no concept of a small amount of anything that I actually want.

I tried a banana with lunch to kill the need for sweet . . . that didn't work.
I tried an orange for a snack to kill the need for sweet . . . that didn't work.
I tried an apple for a snack to kill the need for sweet . . . that didn't work.

I want cake people! 

Help me

Hey I just remembered a little quick sweet fix that my doctor told me when i was pregnate with my first to curb the sweet craving and not gain weight with if done ONLY to nip thesweet craving in the butt.  He said to get a small small small dish and put 1/2 tsp of sugar in it and then(this is the crazy part) lick your finger and stick it in the sugar and then lick it off and it usually takes care of the sweet craving.. just dont do it a hundred times a day. My doctor said a 1/2 tsp, should last about three days. and 1 tsp of sugar only contains 16 calories.. I tried this with splenda and it works too, and no calories....

Dont know if it works for everybody but it did for me. at that time at least. i am gonna try it with splenda.

My breakfast today consisted of 1/2 grapefruit,with splenda, small glass of SKIM milk and a full 8oz glass of water 5 minutes before i ate breakfast. Lunch will consist of a small mixed green salad wit a table spoon of tuna packed in water for the dressing instead of regular salad dressing. a glass of DECAFFENIATED Tea with splenda.  and another glass of water before i eat luch.  Supper is undetermined at this time.
Who ever said anything is possible...never tried to slam a revolving door....

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2008, 05:42:49 AM »
tablespoon of tuna?  this sounds like an anorexic skeleton diet
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Rafter D Horses

• Mega Member
  • Janie (Fishers Dash X Passem Up mare)
« Reply #49 on: December 02, 2008, 06:33:49 AM »
Oh no  no no.. I am not for that.. It is just that the tuna is for protein. I usually dont eat lunch. and eat a big fat breakfast and a huge meat and potatoe supper. So instead of eating a big breakfast and supper and no lunch i am eating a smaller breakfast and lunch and then a sensible supper. Lots of skinless boneless chicken, lean meats, fresh fruits and vegetables, lots of water, NO caffeine,NO fried foods, So me George Foreman grill is gettng a work out. :ROFL2: I am working with a wonderful lady up here and she is helping me restructure my diet. and giving me a good exercise plan and has given me a goal to lose each week instead of trying to lose as much as I can real fast. Lose it over time and exercise EVERYDAY. She has shown me exercises to do WHILE cleaning stalls. I know sounds weird but its worth a try. She says the barn is just as good as a gym,it has exercise equipment in it just got to be imaginitive. So I am gonna try it. Cant hurt and its cheaper than a membership to a gym, plus gotta have time to go to the gym.

Debhorses.. Dont worry I dont plan on  losing that much weight. I dont want to be skin and bones I just want to be at a more healthier weight for my height and bone structure. Plus Kim isnt gonna let me get too thin, she has already lost a friend to anoriexa, so she will watch me closely. She owns a weight loss place,kinda along the lines of that place strictly for women, Dont know if I was allowed to mention the name or not but you probably know the natiional chain I am talking about.

Everybody good luck in your weight loss and please lets do it in a healthy manner.  NO STARVATION DIETS PLEASE...REMEMBER HEALTHY,HEALTHY,HEALTHY, We are doing this for our health? RIGHT??? 
Who ever said anything is possible...never tried to slam a revolving door....

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #50 on: December 02, 2008, 07:35:05 AM »
I have alot going to play with you guys on this one....BUT....doesn't mean I'm not going to try along with you.....

My reason for not playing.....I don't do measurements.....nope, no measuring me....not unless you hold me down....kicking and screaming,
gag me, throw me on the floor, hog-tie me, duct tape me, put me in a padded room, keep me there with bread and water, force feed
me thru a straw, and do the chinese water torture drippy drop on my head.......NOW IF ANY OF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO APPROACH
THAT....I WILL LET YOU MEASURE ME..... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
« Reply #51 on: December 02, 2008, 07:45:30 AM »
I have to agree with ya there!!! I don't measure or weigh. The up and down of it made me crazy when I was younger. I do much better just eating less and exercising more, then judging how well I'm doing by how my clothes fit.  :blah:

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #52 on: December 02, 2008, 07:48:01 AM »
That is a good start! How do you get along with the Ali?

well I guess It's going to take a few days to find out, but used it yesterday for the first time and no problems, was kinda scared after reading all the cautions, but I will know more after I take it a few days. I think as long as you keep the fat content low, there will be no problems. Ready for day two, going to work out at curves this am rake some leaves this afternoon. :cheeze:
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline TXRodeo

• Mega Member
« Reply #53 on: December 02, 2008, 08:06:25 AM »
I have alot going to play with you guys on this one....BUT....doesn't mean I'm not going to try along with you.....

My reason for not playing.....I don't do measurements.....nope, no measuring me....not unless you hold me down....kicking and screaming,
gag me, throw me on the floor, hog-tie me, duct tape me, put me in a padded room, keep me there with bread and water, force feed
me thru a straw, and do the chinese water torture drippy drop on my head.......NOW IF ANY OF YOU ARE BRAVE ENOUGH TO APPROACH
THAT....I WILL LET YOU MEASURE ME..... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

I don't measure either!  Ve said she really only needs your height and weight in a PM.  The measurements are just if you want her to track them.  It's not apart of the competition so to speak.
Carin Sivek

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #54 on: December 02, 2008, 08:15:30 AM »
I missed my morning workout, but I'll get it done this evening.  I did go home and ride yesterday afternoon.  Following Laura's plan for my pony...I was lifting that 1200 lb rascal through his circles and when i was done I had a hard time catching my breath...hubby thought it was funny!  I did ok on supper last night, we had leftovers so a little portion of mexican casserole and a cookie and I was done.  Breakfast this morning was a piece of banana bread and water.
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #55 on: December 02, 2008, 08:15:50 AM »
I had a granola bar and a small glass of choco milk for breakfast. Lunch will be a lean cuisine today. I will do 30 minutes of cardio later this morning.  >DANCE< I should use the weight machine, but I already have quite a bit of mucsle, so I don't want that to amek me gain weight, since mucsle weighs more than fat!  roflmao No riding today,a s the weather is gross.  :nahnah:

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #56 on: December 02, 2008, 08:33:52 AM »
Mernin Y'all!!

Well as one of you said, even with the gum and the water . . . I still NEEDED THE CAKE!

My total consumption yesterday wasn't bad . . . wasn't ideal, but wasn't bad.

I missed breakfast as I got busy here . . . so by the time I got around to eating it was lunch time.
Had
Weight Watchers Rigatoni with Chicken - 6 pts
mixed green salad with greek dressing - ~5 pts
small orange - 1.5 pts
apple - 1.5 pts
banana - 2 pts

Got home and had
Campbell's Chicken Noodle soup - 3 pts
6 of the cookie crisp cereal pieces - 1 pt

then dinner was
baked white fish (with that fatty crap scraped off) - ~5 pts
cabbage - 1 pts
garlic parmesan potatoes - 3 pts
and I shared a piece of cake with Puddin - ~6 pts

So in terms of my weight watchers allowance . . . of the 26 pts I am allowed I ate 35.

I'm not gonna stress about it too much.  I could have done MUCH worse, believe you me.
But I am going to try to do better today.

I didn't actually make it to the gym so I get no activity points for that . . . but at least I didn't have a burger for lunch and the chicken friend chicken for dinner.
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline nutnfancy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 08:35:30 AM »
Here's a site I am finding helpful it tells you what amount of calories needed for you to loose weight, also keeps a record of your calories.
Today I had a breakfast taco and an apple Total 415 calories 15 from fat
Yesterday I had less than a 1000 calories  :cheeze:

http://my-calorie-counter.everydayhealth.com
NutnFancy

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 08:39:16 AM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: oh ve...I needed that....that UT OH ....i am gasping for air.... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 09:58:56 AM »
Here's a site I am finding helpful it tells you what amount of calories needed for you to loose weight, also keeps a record of your calories.
Today I had a breakfast taco and an apple Total 415 calories 15 from fat
Yesterday I had less than a 1000 calories  :cheeze:

http://my-calorie-counter.everydayhealth.com

I just signed up on this site and I really like it!!!  Thanks for sharing!!!
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built