8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers Please and FAST!!! Update~ Ruptured Spleen  (Read 2818 times)

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Prayers Please and FAST!!! Update~ Ruptured Spleen
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 08:06:33 PM »
Additonal prayers for a quick recovery!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
Re: Prayers Please and FAST!!!
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 08:09:08 PM »
Dear Lord, we are holding Marie up to You for healing.  Please make this something simple, not what it could be, but what You can make it be.  Hold this young lady tightly in Your arms and give her peace and comfort.  Give her family the strength and faith to face this together with You.  Give the doc's the knowledge to see what needs to be done, and the courage to do it quickly.  In Jesus' name, Amen!
First, many prayers for this young girl and her family.  Second I just have to met Katy Holloway someday.  You send the most awesome prayers.  What a blessing to read each prayer you post on here.  Thanks!

Amen....Katy your prayers are so uplifting and spiritual....you have a wonderful way with it...cant wait to finally get to meet you too.

Ok, so I am blushing quite a bit now!!  No thanks to me, it is just the Holy Spirit talking to you guys!!  I try real hard to listen to Him whispering in my ear!!  I wish we could all meet at a barrrel race, have an e-barrel bar-b-que or someting!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline DOHorsewmn

• Elite Member
  • Finishing a GREAT DAY!
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 09:35:34 PM »
My grandfather had his spleen ruptured by a horse.  They took it out because it was so bad.  He lived a very normal life for the most part.  He did occassionally choke on his supper for an unknown reason after that but other than that no problems.

My prayers and thoughts are with her and the family.  Colts will be colts, mine ocassionally do that too just unexpectedly turn and kick just playing around while I'm walking across the pasture.  I try to make sure I have something in my hand so if they get too close I can send them on.

That is too bad as she is so young and I am sure that it is painful.
Punctuality is the virtue of the bored.
  - Evelyn Waugh
"Only a man's character is the real criteron of worth"  Eleanor Roosevelt

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 09:43:09 PM »
I dont think they are gonna have to remove it....I heard that removing it is not really that big of a deal...She did text me earlier to say she was feeling MUCH better...lol I guess they gave her the good stuff!! Bad thing is, she is sooooooo close to winning a saddle this summer and I dont think 2 weeks will be long enough for her to heal.......However, her mare would benefit greatly from it.

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 09:53:03 PM »
Prayers for a speedy recovery! 

It only takes a second for that kind of thing to happen. 
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2009, 07:27:57 AM »
Sending prayers

Offline DEB BARNES

• TRUELY BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • RIDING ON FAITH
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2009, 08:15:09 AM »
just seeing this , sending major prayer her way...
HAVE FAITH GOD WILL SEE YOU THRU...

Offline Rafter D Horses

• Mega Member
  • Janie (Fishers Dash X Passem Up mare)
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2009, 08:50:13 AM »
Rachael...Thank you for the updates....God bless her heart. I am glad to hear she is not in as much pain now....MAny many prayers to her... Keep us posted and tell her we have her in our thoughts and prayers
Who ever said anything is possible...never tried to slam a revolving door....

Offline Tx23

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2009, 10:29:21 AM »
So glad to hear she is doing better.  The son of a friend of mine had the same injury when he got pinned against the return alley panel by a steer that spun around and threw him up against it.  They told him not to ride for at least 6 weeks but he healed so well, they let him start back at 4 weeks.  They had also waited before they went to the emergency room thinking he had just had the wind knocked out of him.  It was very scarey for everybody when they finally realized something worse was wrong.  It's been a year now and he is 100% healed with no signs of any problems whatsoever!  Anyway, I'm so glad your friend is doing better.

Offline tinker bell

« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2009, 11:44:56 AM »
Im a little late reading this but sendind my prayers also!!!!

Offline swiftstraw

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2009, 12:59:31 PM »
I ruptured my spleen back in '98 in a horse accident.  I remember opening my eyes on the ground and thinking, "This is what it feels like to die."  The hospital did not take me seriously until I began to lose my vision 2 hours later because of internal blood loss.  I hope she had better luck.
Prayers for her recovery!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2009, 01:08:08 PM »
No updates yet. Thanks for all the prayers!

Offline stormyblaze

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2009, 08:47:16 PM »
Taht is so dangerous & life threatening. A lot of times the doctors dont find the problem until it is too late. My niece ruptured hers at the age of 7. She was riding her pony & yanked her to a stop. The pony stopped & she bounced on the saddle horn before falling off. Me & her Dad didnt take her serious but her mom threw a fit & put her in the truck to go to the hospital. Then when her lips started turning blue I new something wasnt right but didnt think of that. They didnt even igure it out til the next day when her BP dropped & they ran die thru her. It had clotted over the tear.She was very lucky she didnt bleed internally before they figured it out. She is fine now but her immune system is weak at times. She tends to get sick easily & staph a lot.
My definition of a successful ride is if I'm still on the horse when he comes out of the alley

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2009, 09:09:39 PM »
Well she is getting out of the hospital tomorrow!! YAY!!! Its going to be hard for that young girl to stay down, but I think she knows what will happen if she does not take it easy! Anyhow, thank you for the prayers......