8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: DAN STILES IN CAR ACCIDENT/RODEO ANNOUNCER Updated 3-26--09  (Read 12694 times)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
DAN STILES IN CAR ACCIDENT/RODEO ANNOUNCER Updated 3-26--09
« on: December 05, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »
I just got this in an email..and Dan is great..i just got some emails from him this week asking for prayers for others...

Dan was in an auto accident this morning.   

His friend Chris just called to let me know. 

He is in surgery now for his arm. 

Chris said that his vehicle is totaled.

He also said that he did speak to Dan before the surgery and that he was more worried about his vehicle than his injuries.  Chris felt that they would probably keep him in the hospital for a few days.

He is at Great Plains Hospital in Elk City , OK .

Please keep prayers going for Dan.

« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 09:19:24 AM by Bob Gould »
can't wait till May!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: DAN STILES IN CAR ACCIDENT/RODEO ANNOUNCER
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2008, 01:45:34 PM »
Wow, they just had the bull riding school last weekend that Colt was going to go to.

Sending lots of prayers to Dan.................. <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline 1texascowgirl

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 01:53:41 PM »
 <(' ')> Prayers for Dan  <(' ')>

Offline 4BSRanch

• Elite Member
  • My Sadie!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 01:54:33 PM »
I pray our amazing Lord will heal Dan quickly! Sending love from the Maxwell's  <(' ')>
Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2008, 01:55:15 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2008, 01:55:26 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2008, 02:02:28 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2008, 02:20:44 PM »
 <(' ')> Prayers  <(' ')>
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline canchaser

• Sharon (smith) McCallum
  • Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2008, 02:55:37 PM »
OMG!!! good to know he is going to be ok, though. Dan is definitely a child of God,you know his angels were with him! >angel<
how do people get thru life without a horse?
"...I've been around and I've found that the going's easy when the road is flat... God gave us mountains so we could learn how to climb..."..Lone Star

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2008, 04:35:14 PM »
 <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2008, 05:47:41 PM »
Any updates since the surgery.............. <(' ')> <(' ')> <(' ')>

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »
Still staying with Chris and Lana Carter, not in much pain, what little I have I am handling with Ibuprofen.  I really seem to not need the oxygen anymore, but will have to wait fot the Dr. to DC it.  A friend at church works for the Home Health compant that my Oxygen comes from, and he took me off for 10 minutes yesyerday, then checked my O2 level with his meter and it was 95 which is pretty much nornal.  So I am believing that at mt appointmeny Wednesday they will take me off of it, so praise God!  My arm is itching alot which they tells me means the healing process has begun on earnest.  I pray that God would double or triple it as a testament to HIS mighty power.

Got the paperwork from Geico today, and they did total mr truck, now I have to start the process out to replace it.  I know that God has the RIGHT, PERFECT vehicle out there for me and pray he direct me to it.

Thanks for all your prayers and please keep them coming,  I know that what the enemy has meant to stop me and harm me, God will use to HIS glory.

Keep the Wall family in your prayers, Tommy has another surgery this Thursday to remove the last stone and take his stint out.
God bless,
Dan Stiles
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2008, 02:48:02 PM »
Praise God I am off the oxygen now and released to drive again!  Still staying with Chris and Lana since I can't do a lot on my own yet.  Had an appointment yesterday with the PT people at the hospital for dressing changes and assessment of the healing process.  They were very happy with how the arm is doing, very little drainage, no apparent infection, and the arm is about a third of the size it was a week ago, so most of the swelling is gone.  Still have some pain but it is not near what I was having a week ago.  Keep your prayers going up, still waiting to hear if I am gonna qualify for disability insurance and looking for a good used car.
God bless,
Dan Stiles
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 10:09:08 PM »
Had an appointment with the surgeon that did my surgery.  The X-Ray showed the hand and forearm healing good with no complications.  The elbow is another story.  The pin has come out and is floating around my arm, so he wants to do surgery December 29Th to put it back in and then put an elbow immobilizer on for 10 to 15 days.  I am thinking of getting a second opinion before I let him operate, but not sure if any surgeons will even look at it before Dr. Ahn releases me.  So please keep me in prayer.

I bought a 2002 Pontiac Aztec today from a Christian businessman in Elk City.  He sold it to me for a good price and it appears to be very mechanically sound and the body is in good shape.

Planning on going to Mike and Jamie Lees for Christmas tomorrow, originally planned to stay for a week, but with the surgery Monday will have to come home Sunday.

I pray that all of you have a blessed and Merry Christmas, thanks for your prayers and love, you don't know how much all of your prayers, calls and cards have meant to me.
Merry Christmas,
Dan Stiles

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 01:16:00 PM »
Howdy Friends just a short update on me, some prayer requests and praise reports.

First, the surgery Wednesday took almost 4 hours and they totally had to rebuild the elbow again.  I have a total of 4 screws going through the bone, muscle, etc and sticking out of the arm,  Then there are 5 rods attached to those screws holding it all in place.  Not sure how long they will be in their, but for sure will be a while.  This surgery hurt worse than the first two, but they had to go more intense with the rods and all.  I spent a day and a half at Chris and Lana Carters and then Gracie and I moved back home.  I am finding there is lots of stuff I can't do very easily, so have had to call some friends and get help sometimes, sure wish Gracie could learn to open jars and wash dishes.

While in the hospital this time found out for sure I am either allergic to or have adverse effects from Percocet and Morphine, so they had to change my pain pills twice.  Now as far as the elbow and other injuries we are in a wait and see How God works out His miracle in my life.  I stand on His Word and believe He has only good things planned for me!

Tommy Wall is back at work and doing much better, so Praise God!

My FMLA and short term disability got approved, so praise God.  From now until I am released to go back to work, I will get 60% of my normal salary paid by the insurance company.  God is good and He does take care of His kids.

May God richly bless you and your families, thanks for your prayers and gifts, and don't forget I am available to come and speak at your event or rodeo about the Awesome, Father, God I serve.
In Christ,
Dan Stiles