8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Local Boys and their families need prayer  (Read 3959 times)

Offline FlyingHRanch

• Elite Member
  • TMS Markettas Flash
Local Boys and their families need prayer
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:33:21 PM »
Sad news this week.  It started with the death of a 26 year old Mabank High School graduate named Tommy Barnes.  He went to school with me, and was a dear friend.  I saw him three months ago, and was so proud for him.  He had gotten himself off of drugs, and alcohol, and had gotten a great job.  He was so proud of being able to support his family.  He was on his way home for the holidays, when he missed a curve on the way home, flipping his truck, and consequently ending his life.  He has left behind a beautiful little girl, and a very sad family.  Please be in prayer for his family. 

Secondly, a 29 year old man named Josh Linder, who is also a Mabank grad took his own life night before last.  He was my brother's age, and his brother was in my class.  He was upset about his pending divorce, called his wife and asked her not to divorce him, that he would kill himself if she did.  On his way home two nights ago, he drove off of the road coming home on a major hwy.  Called his cousin to come help him, and took his life when his cousin was on his way to assist him.  He is leaving behind three young children and a family and friends as well who loved him dearly. 

Please be in prayer for these familes.  These deaths were tragedies that have shaken our community. 

May God bless and keep them all.
When you get thrown from a horse, you've got to get up and get back on.....unless you were thrown into a cactus, then you have to roll around on the ground, and scream in pain.

Offline Dolly

• Extreme Member
Re: Local Boys and their families need prayer
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 08:34:54 AM »
I don't know what to say, this is tragic. May God bless those families and heal their hurt. <(' ')>
To hold it together when everyone would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.

Offline Tysh

• Mega Member
Re: Local Boys and their families need prayer
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 03:49:11 PM »
God's mercy on every one.   We will keep these families lifted in prayer!