8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: THANK YOU TX23!!!!!!!  (Read 524 times)

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
THANK YOU TX23!!!!!!!
« on: December 29, 2008, 10:12:24 AM »
OK....a HUUGGEEEEE thank you to you and your class!!  I did get the package Christmas Eve at work but I was already down at my family's house.  I got it this morning and Bess is going to LOVE IT!!!!!  That was soooo very sweet of you!

For those curious, TX23 shared Bess's story with her class and they all created Christmas cards for Bess and wrote little messages on them!  AWESOME AND SO FROM THE HEART!!!  I can't wait to get them to her!!!!

She is really amazing at the strength she truly has!  We spent a lot of time with her Christmas and over the weekend so she wouldn't feel so alone...each and every time I walk in the door, I see a huge smile come across her face! 

Again, from me personally and for Bess, THANK YOU SO MUCH for taking the time to share something special for her!

To your class, please let them know they have put a smile across someone's face that really needs a lot of support to remain strong and fight for her independence again. 

Thank you and God Bless!
Dina
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline Tx23

• Veteran Member
Re: THANK YOU TX23!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2008, 09:27:06 PM »
Thank you for letting me know they got there!  I will share with the kids and show them the pictures you have posted.  It will mean so much to them to know that they were able to bring someone some happiness.  They will also be happy to see the progress she is making.  I know some will want to continue corresponding with Bess if that is okay.  Please keep posting updates and pictures!  Tell Bess my prayers are with her and with you too!  You are the definition of a true friend!

Have a safe and happy new year!

MaryAlice (Tx23)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »
ahhhh just one of the many reasons my mom is so crazy about mary alice....what a lovely thing to do TX23!!  Way to go!
Hats off to you and your students.... :cheeze: :cheeze:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2008, 10:23:25 PM »
Mary Alice -- I know Bess would LOVE for them to continue to keep contact with her!!!  Not a problem what so ever!  I would like it if you could take a picture of your classes involved and mail it to me so Bess could have it along with the cards....make sure you're in there too!!!!

It's kind of funny but I know some people feel that we are obsessed with her and there are people far worse than her situation....and trust me, I definitely know that!!  But man, it just breaks my heart to walk in, see pictures of her running TBone just this last winter at Marshall and see her laying right there in bed unable to move!  I just CANNOT imagine having no family and not having anyone to keep my spirits up if I was in her shoes!  Just no way we (the Quinn's and I) could walk away now!!!!  Bess told me this weekend that she was glad she got to see me and if I DIDN'T come by for several days to see her she was going to get up out of that bed and come find me!  I said, "Well, heck if that's what it takes, I'm outta here!!"   :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  We have some things in the works to get her very own van so we can take her places in her chair and all so we are excited about that....just have to take a little time to get it all done. 

I'll definitely keep the posts coming! I definitely would like a picture to give to her if you can arrange it!  And hopefully one day we will both be able to meet you in person!!!  Don't hesitate to call if you're ever in East Texas (Tyler/Longview area)!!!!!!!!!

God Bless!!

Dina
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!