8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Who's going to Tunica WBR?  (Read 8770 times)

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
Re: Who's going to Tunica WBR?
« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2009, 10:44:01 PM »
well having one baby would be way easier than two... i love my twins but very hard to ride when i want because my barn isn't set up for them to play in. plus they want my undivided attention.... >CRYING EYES OUT<
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
« Reply #31 on: January 10, 2009, 10:55:29 PM »
It won't be too long and you'll be 'missing the days'....

I just am not sure when I want 'the days' to start...
~Brooksie

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #32 on: January 10, 2009, 11:00:14 PM »
 i just had to tell myself that i wasn't getting any younger and hubby wasn't either so i told him if we were going to do it that we had to do it because if i waited any longer that i didn't want to have any. so at age 32 i had my twins.
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2009, 11:02:30 PM »
Wow!  I turn 25 in March.  We still have time, and I want to do some serious can chasin for a couple of years.  I'd like to get Sawyer riding decent first, but I'm not going to question what God has in mind for us.
~Brooksie

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #34 on: January 10, 2009, 11:19:18 PM »
yep he works in mysterious ways... i was the type of person that never wanted kids so what does God give me TWINS.. then God knew that i didn't want to have anymore so he gave me a boy and a girl so we are done!
SWEET THING

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
« Reply #35 on: January 10, 2009, 11:30:14 PM »
I almost wish it were that easy for us... Hubby keeps threatening that he wants a litter... I keep telling him that he married the wrong woman for a litter.
~Brooksie

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2009, 12:46:01 AM »
I almost wish it were that easy for us... Hubby keeps threatening that he wants a litter... I keep telling him that he married the wrong woman for a litter.

LOL...i had a litter one time and that was it for me...twins was enough for me...
SWEET THING

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2009, 07:23:50 AM »
:D

Who else is going to Tunica?  I asked Booger Barter on myspace if there was going to be a bareback/halter race and he says there is.  I'm half willing to run Mysty in that!
~Brooksie

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2009, 09:09:54 AM »

Who else is going to Tunica?  I asked Booger Barter on myspace if there was going to be a bareback/halter race and he says there is.  I'm half willing to run Mysty in that!

ok..my duh moment...of course I see you are going now!...lol...
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2009, 09:20:45 AM »

My stepmom keeps saying we're signing up for the Sunday race.  I wonder when the bareback race is...

I also am half-@$$ wondering if I should buy some Classic Equine splint boots...
~Brooksie

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2009, 10:54:33 AM »

My stepmom keeps saying we're signing up for the Sunday race.  I wonder when the bareback race is...

I also am half-@$$ wondering if I should buy some Classic Equine splint boots...

Buy the splint boots!  Not only good boots but if you run them "howevermany" times at a wbr's throughout the year, it just
increases your chances of winning money without even offereing up an additional entry fee....if you ride lets say just 4 wbr's
it would only be about $15 per run to maximize your chances at clearing an additional $500!...now that's cool!! 

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2009, 11:00:12 AM »

Buy the splint boots!  Not only good boots but if you run them "howevermany" times at a wbr's throughout the year, it just
increases your chances of winning money without even offereing up an additional entry fee....if you ride lets say just 4 wbr's
it would only be about $15 per run to maximize your chances at clearing an additional $500!...now that's cool!! 

Well... I'm just running at Tunica for now......   I'll see about the others in the summer and fall.  I want to go to WACO, but it's a wait and see thing... Mysty wears a medium front boot in Brookside boots and in Prof. Choice SMB IIs... What's that translate to in the splints?
~Brooksie

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2009, 11:34:39 AM »
if all is well with my pony I would really like to go

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2009, 11:38:42 AM »
Nell, maybe you could go with me and Laura Loo..............We can talk about it at the clinic.  For me, the more the fuel can be split the better chance I have of going.   I was going to enter Houston AQHA show but if Laura is for sure goiing to WBR in Tunica I might skip it to save my money for the long trip. 

I was just entering Houston for the experience.  I know the ground will be 5 ft deep so Deezy won't like it.  The black horse I ran hated it with a passion. 
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2009, 11:42:03 AM »

Well... I'm just running at Tunica for now......   I'll see about the others in the summer and fall.  I want to go to WACO, but it's a wait and see thing... Mysty wears a medium front boot in Brookside boots and in Prof. Choice SMB IIs... What's that translate to in the splints?
I am not sure because I have never used that brand of a boot...but there is a height chart that translates into a size chart on the packages
that should help you decide.