8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: More than barrels???  (Read 1528 times)

Offline Turn3BurnHome

• Veteran Member
More than barrels???
« on: July 13, 2009, 10:12:15 AM »
Anyone know of events in north texas (DFW area) that run speed events with payback? I love barrels, but I also like to run more than one event, like poles and speed race. The only thing I can find are playdays which most do not have payback. I also would love to start hosting some speed shows but would need to find an arena and volunteers to help. Anyone interested?

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
Re: More than barrels???
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 11:47:40 AM »
I personaly would love it if they had jackpot playdays! i also like straights, barrels ,poles flags and speed. what area do you live in??
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:53:49 AM »
Let em know, and I will do what I can to help ya out!!! Where are you located in DFW?
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Turn3BurnHome

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 01:16:03 PM »
I live in Red Oak (just north of Waxahachie). I would absolutely love it if I could find some others to help start a jackpot speed association.

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 04:54:15 PM »
I would love to help but we have a distance between us! i myself have always thought it would be nice to break away from the ribbons and year end awards and have some good ole jackpots. we have some real nice arenas in our area winnsboro, gilmer pittsburg. but not enough people willing to dedicate their time to them, and yes they are a lot of work, esp. with all the age groups.
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 04:56:39 PM »
and run VERY LATE....unless you just did like 18 and under 19 and up??

It takes FOREVER!!!!
Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 04:58:03 PM »
Man if I lived closer to you guys I would love to help put something on.  I love doing that kinda stuff but I am tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo far away.
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Turn3BurnHome

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 05:09:01 PM »
I'm fairly new to Texas, so how far away is everyone from Red Oak (south Dallas)? I would be willing to meet in the middle if we could find a convenient spot to hold them. I was thinking of doing a youth class and an open class. Three events: Barrel, Poles, Speed....exhibitions at the END of each class (this is so they are used for training purposes of young horses, etc. and not as a warm up run). If we could find out where everyone is and then see whatif it's possible to get something started that would be GREAT!!! I really think if we got the word out we could get a decent crowd.

Offline scotfurn

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 10:35:01 AM »
I live in Waxahachie and I would be willing to help with something.  Waxahachie has a nice arena.   It might be something to do in the evenings   I am only about 15 miles from you.   

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 04:59:01 PM »
I'm about 150 miles from dallas fort worth area probably to far to do much good! I usually don't go much farther then Terrel
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline BettyBarrelRacer

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 05:53:56 PM »
Anyone know of events in north texas (DFW area) that run speed events with payback? I love barrels, but I also like to run more than one event, like poles and speed race. The only thing I can find are playdays which most do not have payback. I also would love to start hosting some speed shows but would need to find an arena and volunteers to help. Anyone interested?

Twin States runs poles at the jackpots. Entries are $15.00, so payout isn't great but at least something. Just finished our season, but will start up again in September. Look at ebarrelracing home page associations for Twin States.