8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Who's Expecting???  (Read 35127 times)

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
Re: Who's Expecting???
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
Congrats to all of you
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2009, 08:45:18 PM »
Whit, I DEMAND a photo of the baby bump, cause I know there has to be one there. LOL EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK I'm, so excited for you!

And everyone else... but specially Whit, cause I know her and I loves her. ;)

Love ya too Sugar Shoes! Exciting times ahead for sure!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2009, 09:19:17 PM »
Congrats ladies!

Offline Evieshorses

• Elite Member
  • My Little mare Autumn
« Reply #33 on: January 20, 2009, 10:31:33 PM »
Congrats Ladies!! i only have one baby and she wil be 22 in juLY..

and whats up with all the c-sections? Doesnt anyone do it the old fashion way anymore?  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
My Gold neither sparkles nor jingles. It glistens in the sunlight and whinnies in the darkness.. (Unknown)

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2009, 07:29:12 AM »
I started out the "natural way", but after 28 hours of labor and still not dilating past a 6, a C-section was ordered. Now, since I had one, my doctor will do the next one the same to prevent me from having any other complications. They usually say that the next child is usually bigger than the first, and I can't see myself going through another 20+ hours of labor only not to dilate again, and causing the extra stress to the baby.

I was terrified at first to have one, but afterwards it was a great experience. I was up walking around within the hour, didn't have to worry about tearing, having an episiotomy, stitches down there, going to the bathroom or healing down there. It was awesome. The only draw back was that I had to give myself an extra 2-3 weeks before I felt comfortable enough to ride. Since I'm out for the majority of this year anyways, 2-3 weeks is nothing!

God Bless all you women that went the natural way! Now, thanks to modern medicine and my former experience, I'm taking drugs ALL THE WAY!
See you at the Race! God Bless.

Offline kimberly

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2009, 08:25:37 AM »
I'm the same way.  My first daughter was breeched and they could not get her to turn.  I ended up having a C-section and they want me to have another to be on the safe side. 

Offline CodyH

• Veteran Member
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2009, 09:21:12 AM »
My doctors gave me the choice to be induce or have a c-section.  He told me he thought I would labor for about 20 hours at least.  And he gave a 50-50 chance at having her.  So we opted for the c-section the next morning.  We got there at 5:30 am and it was all over by 8.  I was so thankful.  Also having having the c-section, they realized the cord was around her neck TWICE and my pelvic bones are inverted.  Therefore, they would have never expanded for me to have her natural.  So another c-section here at the end of May!    :)/\\
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0"  />[/url

Offline Evieshorses

• Elite Member
  • My Little mare Autumn
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2009, 09:27:40 AM »
I had my baby all nautral.. No meds ..and she weighed 10 pounds even and was 23 1/2 inches long!! now you know why i only had one!!! >CRYING EYES OUT< >CRYING EYES OUT<.....
My Gold neither sparkles nor jingles. It glistens in the sunlight and whinnies in the darkness.. (Unknown)

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2009, 09:35:39 AM »
all I can say is....OUCH! <(::)>

Offline shlanin

• Extreme Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2009, 11:07:23 AM »
I am expecting my first child in February.  My due date is Feb. 23rd but as we sit today, my little girl is heads up.....So we are looking at a possible C-section on Feb. 16th.  Unless she turns but I dont see that happening.  Her name is going to be Raelee Ann.  I just turned 32.  I am very excited!  I have missed getting to ride though.  But the wait has been well worth it.  The last time I was in a saddle was mid August.  So I have really missed my therapy.   ;)

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2009, 12:54:05 PM »
shlanin - congrats! I have added you to the ongoing list. So far there are 5 of us that are expecting. (it was 6, but Texgirl just gave birth). You seem to be the next one that is due. I also think that we are all scheduled (or will be) for a C-section. How odd is that?!

Offline shlanin

• Extreme Member
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2009, 01:21:13 PM »
well i was sort hoping for an normal delivery but the more i think about it a c-section is the way to go....Then you know exactly when you will be having the baby and can plan things a little bit easier.  I am really excited.  I lost one in October 07.....So this is a blessing..

Offline stdtra14

• Veteran Member
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2009, 07:44:01 AM »
Alright, so as it stands so far, here is the list of all of us expecting:

Name                                 Child #                        Due Date:                          Boy / Girl
stdtra14(me)                            2nd                            July 4th                                 unknown as of now

CodyH                                     2nd                            end of May                             Girl

SparkplugsMama                        1st                             Aug. 14th                              unknown as of now

Kimberly                                    2nd                             May 11th                                Girl

Shlanin                                     1st                             Feb. 23rd                               Girl

Jaci Berberich                             1st                            April 24th                                Girl

Looks like the girls are taking over!  :)/\\ more barrel racers  GAIL
Hopefully I can break the trend with a little boy (I have my little barrel racer already, now I need a roper...LOL). Hopefully I will get to find out on Feb. 17th if I will be keeping the pink, or switching to blue.

If I've left anyone out, let me know. I'm going to try and keep track of it, so we know whenever all of us are due.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 07:54:12 AM by stdtra14 »

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2009, 09:04:57 AM »
What a cool chart - thanks stdtra14  :)/\\ 

I have a couple of questions since a couple of ya'll are on #2. Was the chinese birth chart right on yours? What about the string test, hold it over your wrist, if it goes in a circle its a boy and if it swings back & forth its a girl? What other fun/silly wives tale type 'tests' did you do? All indications, including a friend that I feel has a sense about these things, are all leaning towards a boy for us.
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline CodyH

• Veteran Member
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2009, 09:24:26 AM »
Hey, thanks for doing the chart!  That is pretty neat!!  The girls are ahead for sure!  I just hope mine doesn't change come Feb 16th, LOL.

Whit I can't remember doing any test with Jaycee?!  We just all KNEW she was a boy.  Plus I was sooo far along when I found out, it was only like one or two appts and they told us she was a girl!!  Maybe I should do the test on this one and see what they say. 
Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker" border="0"  />[/url