8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: "SWEETHEART RACE" FEB 14-15, RESULTS are POSTED so BOOGER WILL QUIT ASKIN!  (Read 19685 times)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
I am getting tons of email about this event as well as my mom so I am posting the info in one post so it will be easiest to find.

14-15: SWEETHEART RACE - $300 ADDED $$ EACH DAY - BURNET, TEXAS -- BURNET COUNTY RODEO FAIRGROUNDS, HWY 281 SOUTH - - OPEN 4D BARREL RACE, $35 entry fee, $5 exhibition or 3 for $12; 3D INCENTIVE RACES for $15 each - 18 and under, 19 thru 39, 40 and over. 2 DAY AVERAGE AWARDS, $10 award fee, $5 per additional horse. 80% payback. 4D barrel race on half, half, one second split. BOOKS OPEN 9AM, EXHIBITIONS FROM 10-2, START TIME 2:30 DAILY. You may enter til the last 25 horses. RV hookups available. No stalls but plenty of pens to put horses in or bring your own, tieouts ok and at no charge. Excellent arena and plenty of shaded parking. Sponsored by Laura's Ladder to Success Barrel Clinics - - Please contact Laura at [email protected] or 254-784-0914 or Betsy Parent at [email protected] or 832/595-7805 or Sallie Burleson at [email protected] 512/756-4295 or 512/755-5138  Be glad to help with anything you are needing!!  THIS IS AN EQUAL PAYOUT RACE IN EACH D. NO PRE-ENTRY REQ'D.
DRAG after FIVE, entries taken to run on first come/first serve run numbers---early entry that morning ensures early run number!!  Cash/check ok.
Return check fee $45.00....Hopefully I haven't left anything out...

HOTEL INFO:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: mchoss on Yesterday at 07:51:01 PM
A. Holiday Inn Express Burnet - www.hiexpress.com - (512) 756-1789 - More

B. Best Western-Post Oak Inn - www.bestwesterntexas.com - (512) 756-4747 - More

C. Holiday Inn Express Burnet/Highland Lakes Area Hotel - www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780 - More

D. Airy Mount Bed & Breakfast - www.airymount.com - (512) 756-4149 - More

E. Sundown Inn - maps.google.com - (512) 756-2171 - More

F. Arrowhead Motel - maps.google.com - (512) 756-6151 - More

G. La Vista Motel - maps.google.com - (512) 756-4367 - More

H. Rainbow Hearth Sanctuary & Retreat Center - www.rainbowhearth.com - (512) 756-7878 - More

I. Holiday Inn Express - maps.google.com - (866) 530-0786 - More

J. Council Creek Lodge - maps.google.com - (512) 756-6935 - More

A. -----the newest in town, closest to arena. 
B.------believe this is old Howard Johnson's, Hwy. 29 west about 2 miles from red light.
C.-----same as A.
D.-----Bed and Breakfast 3 miles east of Burnet on 29E...liable to be expensive.
E.-----One of the older ones in town, used to be ok, but I don't think the cleanest.
F.-----Has been there before I could walk...very old, but I think is Ok...do not expect nice...OK.
G.-----I think this is the same hotel as F...thought it was called the La Vista Arrowhead Motel..could be wrong tho.
H.-----this one is going to be wayyyyyy out towards the lake....and not really a motel/hotel.
I.-----Just another one for the same as A....same one.
J.----this is about 14 miles from Burnet going towards the lake in a community called Silver Creek...too far.

Now....Marble Falls is fairly close, and there is a Best Western, a Hampton Inn, a Days Inn, and several more that are over there.
But be prepared to pay more than in Burnet if you can get a room because Marble Falls is a resort town and the weekend rates
are expensive.  Betsy is supposed to call Holiday Inn and Best Western this morning and see if she can get a Host Hotel rate for
this race....This is all the info I know....if you need additional hotel info and can't seem to find out what you need to know you
can call my mom or just email her at [email protected] and she lives there and will try to help you.

The arena info:

Big sandy outdoor arena with good dirt.  We put alot of water on the ground there.  The more water, the better the dirt has always been in the past,
and the faster it is.  In the worse rain the day before or the day of...you can always still run at Burnet---holds water!  Footing is wonderful--and
I am plenty picky about my dirt...
Altho the arena is large we set up a run of about a mid 15....plenty of room to get a horse stopped properly!!  RV's are sold on first come/first serve--
plenty of places of hook up.  Lots of shade and large grassy areas to warm up without worry.  Very nice pen.  Tx23 holds all their races there and I am
originally from Burnet and know this pen well.

Extra info:

We are obtaining concessions at this time---Also we will have a photographer there taking photos!!  We are taking vendors at this time should anyone
like to come set up at the barrel race, please use one of the contact numbers above and call any of us, anytime.  I do need to know who you are and if
you would like to come altho I am not charging any fee to set up and show off your wares!!

Notes:

I put on this barrel race because in our area there is not really close by to attend that weekend and I had an empty calendar date to address.
I have put on several barrel races in the past, and weekly jackpots and all were very successful.  I DO NOT consider myself a "barrel producer"
in any way form or fashion, but I am a barrel racer who knows, and is considerate to understanding what you guys like and do not like.  I thought
this would be a very fun thing to do, and if you like this one, we will do another in July or so.  I can promise a well run and fun time to the best of my and my staff's ability (all barrel racers as well with years of experience) to have a nice show.....There will also be a FREE 2 hour mini clinic after the barrel race on Saturday for all wanting to attend.  Hope you can all join us in Burnet!! :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\

« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 01:25:08 PM by lauraSchumann »
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: "SWEETHEART RACE" FEB 14-15, $250 ADDED PER DAY, BURNET TX
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
can i pre enter with a post dated check?
can't wait till May!!!

Offline TxCanchaser22

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:43:27 AM »
Do we need to reserve a "pen" for our horses if we are going to stay overnight.  I just want to make sure I have somewhere to pen my horse up, he does not do well tied to a trailer all night...lol!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:51:29 AM »
No pen reservation...first come/first serve guys....there are pens at the back and the front of the arena. 
I feel certain alot of folks will be hauling in and out on a daily basis so there will be the pens needed for
out of town folks to stay.  If you have panels to set up or something else--bring them and leave the pens
for the others.  If you are coming in Friday night, I will be in Burnet that Friday afternoon to help you.
Please let me know and we will figure it out.  I will be paying attention to the pen detail---so no one puts
one horse in one BIG pen when he could've had a smaller one where the same girl with two head could've
put them together for the night....(can't be hoggy!! :ROFL2: :ROFL2:)  I am going to also call the vet clinic
to see if they will put any horses up for the night if needed..... :)/\\ :)/\\  Also you can tie out overnight if you'd like,
the parking is nice and grassy for some horses that can be an option.  Wish we had stalls but there aren't any
available at this facility...and since I think the majority will be hauling in and out it shouldn't be a huge problem.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 11:46:41 AM by lauraSchumann »

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 09:54:20 AM »
can i pre enter with a post dated check?

No post dated checks... :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  Unless...you pay a $50 processing fee in CASH while I'm holding it... :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 09:55:40 AM »
Hmmm, I don't think anyone would be hoggy..................ROFLMAO :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: ;)
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2009, 10:05:22 AM »
is this a guareenpeed barrel race with the money? so that means im guraeenpeed a check rite? not a post dated one, but some pure D hot cash? oh boy i cant wait!!!!  :*
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »
is this a guareenpeed barrel race with the money? so that means im guraeenpeed a check rite? not a post dated one, but some pure D hot cash? oh boy i cant wait!!!!  :*

Debido?  are you still taking those pills?? :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2009, 01:56:15 PM »
well we are out got to make the first NBHA 17 on sunday >CRYING EYES OUT<
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 02:05:01 PM »

Debido?  are you still taking those pills?? :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

yes in fact im not taking any more cuz as i was folding two loads of clean clothes today with one hand, piece by piece.. i though i saw a SNAKE HEAD raise up out of my sling..i said..ya ok..then it happened again..and i had to feel and make sure there was no dam snake..i only take 1 every 24 hours..see apparently i cant even be a good druggy at this time!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2009, 03:10:56 PM »
Not that is some strong drugs!!!  :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2009, 04:00:25 PM »
 <(::)> <(::)>
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline DKB

• Extreme Member
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2009, 07:38:05 PM »
Laura's right about the ground. Pray for rain so Cody doesn't have to drain the lake. Don't think Sallie won't make him put more water on it if it looks like it is drying out. I've seen people go into a panic when they see water standing in that pen but that's when it is best. They never had enough stuff there when I was running Rocket. He loved that pen and I did too because it was one of those "pay your fees, pick up a check" deals. And a lot of those runs were when we came in that side gate on the other end from where they run now. Remember those junior rodeo days there Laura? Burnet and Marble Falls always had good ones.

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2009, 09:33:18 PM »
Laura's right about the ground. Pray for rain so Cody doesn't have to drain the lake. Don't think Sallie won't make him put more water on it if it looks like it is drying out. I've seen people go into a panic when they see water standing in that pen but that's when it is best. They never had enough stuff there when I was running Rocket. He loved that pen and I did too because it was one of those "pay your fees, pick up a check" deals. And a lot of those runs were when we came in that side gate on the other end from where they run now. Remember those junior rodeo days there Laura? Burnet and Marble Falls always had good ones.

Yep...we had a BLAST there as kids, and lots of fun as adults too...that's one of the reasons I decided to have it at Burnet....
And we are so excited about this race and want EVERYONE TO COME----WE ARE UPPING THE ANTY TO $300 ADDED PER DAY!!

YES WE HAVE DECIDED TO RAISE THE ADDED MONEY ALITTLE MORE!!  SO NOW FOLKS INSTEAD OF 250...WE ARE ADDING $300!! PER DAY...

Offline debhorses

• Posse Member
  • Super Hero
can i come and lope GUS? 
can't wait till May!!!