8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Laura's clinic  (Read 6861 times)

Offline Nell

• Fossil
Re: Laura's clinic
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2009, 02:55:00 PM »
 :)/\\

Offline FlyingHRanch

• Elite Member
  • TMS Markettas Flash
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2009, 04:13:23 PM »
flyingh,i know you have big plans for your boy but,all he has to do is look purdy in my books.he is one good looken boy

Thanks so much!  He's really special to me.  After Laura worked her magic on him again I'm really looking forward to pushing him to run!!!!!
When you get thrown from a horse, you've got to get up and get back on.....unless you were thrown into a cactus, then you have to roll around on the ground, and scream in pain.

Offline FlyingHRanch

• Elite Member
  • TMS Markettas Flash
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:34 PM »
We all had a great time at the clinic I hope we get to go to the next one. Unfortunately Kati hit the 2nd barrel Sunday so she didn't place but oh well the a first time for everything. She had never knocked down a barrel before. She was arguing with me before her run about wearing her shin guards and told me she would be fine she never hits the barrel and guess what you never say never.

I agree with momadearborn the fellowship at the clinic is wonderfull I enjoy being around all of you. Thanks so much to Laura and everyone else making us feel so welcome.

When are we going to get to see those awesome pictures you took?
When you get thrown from a horse, you've got to get up and get back on.....unless you were thrown into a cactus, then you have to roll around on the ground, and scream in pain.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2009, 07:00:01 PM »
I have to say this...I have an exceptional group of people I work with....

Kelly---the official tractor man of this Tour....you are hired!!  I don't know how I'm gonna get you to come to each and every
clinic...but you are the fellow that makes the "tracta sexy" and does a great job!!  Thanks for all your hard work...Dena,
thanks for bringing him--couldn't done it without ya.

Hoofjunky--Coty Cooper....Man, I believe I have found this official farrier of the I BELIEVE Tour if he will take the position full time.
Great guy...great shoer...obviously can withstand the torture treatment of being trapped in an office with 4 women til 3:30 am giving
him hell so the clinic stuff should be easy! :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Lee Conway--Wow...so darn good at his job...I kept looking up and when horses left the arena with no brands, they would come back
in with one.  The MOST professional brand person I have ever met and takes PRIDE in his work.  I plan on getting him to brand several
of mine as soon as he has time to work on it for me.  I would love to add Lee to the tour on a regular basis--I think you are OFFICIAL too!! Thank you for your donation of a brand to the Meet N Greet---I wanted to keep it for myself!! Thank you Lee!!  YOU ARE AWESOME, and pretty darn good company to boot!

My office crew....Betsy--she's an awesome secretary and I could not ever do what she does---yep, she is special ed but I believe
the term "specially educated" to do the job should be more like it.  She is constantly telling me what I need to do next. 
Thank goodness she stays on top of that....I'm not a multitasker that is for sure.  Great Job.  Great Job.  You are the best.
Nell---Janell keeps me in check doing everything asked...from going after soda to organizing clipboards, to missing meals.  Long hours,
not asking anything except for something to eat every now and again....Can't imagine not having her by my side.  Hope you can keep
helping us...cuz I need you!!
Frances Dearborn--I need your moral support and you just being there makes the whole thing work.  She handles office overflow,
fills in when needed and just is the Momma to everyone....love you lots Frances!

Melanie Coffman--Official Massage Therapist of the clinics....her other responsibilites are bagging my feet, and rubbing them down but
does anything you can imagine...one of the best friends and people I've had the pleasure of knowing!  My pretty pink vest was a gift
for her---she wanted me to look "super nice" for you guys on Saturday---never expected such a nice gift.  Thank you again.

Sponsors, Donations & Friends of Laura's Ladder to Success:

Thanks to Bobby Barter, WBR---for awards.  We pick at him pretty regular but he is one heck of a good guy....without Bobby
I would not be doing this.  Thank you.  ALOT.

Winningruns---Thanks to everyone at WinningRuns for donating videos!!  They made GREAT awards and gifts...there's always
something to learn from everyone in the business and I think WinningRuns has set the pace for conditioning the barrel racer to
look for answers and to find them....Be sure and visit their site!!  If you got a video this weekend, please thank Charlotte for them
on her site and let her know that you got them!!  www.winningruns.com

Racheal Myers--Pureform Products....Thanks girl....I can't thank you enough for sending the product and taking time to make sure
everyone got a sample...that was FABULOUS of you!!  Thank you....be sure and let Racheal know how that the product is working for you when you use it...I'm sure she would love the feedback!!

THE REINSMAN---Thank you Steve for donating reins for the Meet n Greet and taking time out of your schedule to come hang out
with us...I surely do appreciate all the work you did and all the fabulous reins I saw being made...Everyone loves them and I can't
wait to use the ones I got from you as awards for the Sweetheart Race!!  Your work is second to none.

Christy Capps---Just call her and say you need door prizes and they are delivered...Thank you for being the person you are.
I swear guys, Christy is an awesome friend and a giver.  Just mention you need anything and BOOM! it appears.  She provided the
lead ropes given away at the Meet N Greet.  Hats off to her.

Evelyn Nagle--at every turn at every clinic has pressed me to EAT LUNCH---Thanks for the Whataburger!!  Tell David thanks for
coming and being such a great guy and supporting us too.  I can't thank Evelyn enough for always being a great friend.

ebarrelracing.com--Bob and Tamet are great to me...and I appreciate that they care that I do well.  They really give alot to
presence to what I do and I can't thank them nearly enough for this forum.

And of course--the students....thanks for allowing me to work with you.  I consider it "my pleasure"...take time to have faith in
your abilities, work towards your goals and your dreams will become realities.  Good Luck to each of you.

And I want to say my brain is alittle fried right now with what's going on with my horse, and I apologize if I left anyone out...
I did not intentionally mean to exclude you...If I did leave you out please accept my thanks for your help and I appreciate
all of your support!!  This is a building year for us, and I believe that it is important to surround yourself with exceptional people
in order to be successful....if this is indication of what is in store for us this year....its going to be phenominal. 
Thanks again to everyone,
Laura :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\

If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline FlyingHRanch

• Elite Member
  • TMS Markettas Flash
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2009, 07:44:40 PM »
I only wish I didn't have a wedding the weekend of the Terrell clinic.  I would LOVE to come help out!!!  Kelly would too, but he's going with me.  grrr.....Well, atleast I love the guy that my friend is marrying....had to talk her out of the last one...That will make it easier to be there.

Offline Evieshorses

• Elite Member
  • My Little mare Autumn
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2009, 08:53:38 PM »
Aww thank you laura!! i think you are the Bestest!! And I mean that from the bottom of my Heart!! I owe you so much!! I am a believer!!

Thank you to everyone that helps laura put on her AWESOME clinics!!! :)/\\ :)/\\

My Gold neither sparkles nor jingles. It glistens in the sunlight and whinnies in the darkness.. (Unknown)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2009, 09:12:28 PM »
Wow, Laura.  Thanks to you for doing what you do!!!  :* :* 
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline ETXREINER

• Novice Member
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2009, 10:29:33 PM »
Laura you're the best!!!1

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed your clinic and how much I learned. I actually left feeling like I would really be able to ride barrels! Just goes to show you're never too old to learn a few new tricks. ;)  Hopefully my mare will pattern quickly and you'll see some progress at the next clinic! I'll keep working with the gelding too and one of them is bound to make a barrel horse. You are truly awesome... words can't describe what you do for people.

Hope you realize what your clinics mean to all of us. Hope everyone got home safe and had as good a time freezing as I did.

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2009, 10:55:39 PM »
Laura, Darby thanks you for showing her mama how to quit embarrassing her! someday soon I hope to call you with good news :)/\\ you really are an inspiring teacher and I'm glad your wishes are all fulfilled <:)
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #84 on: January 27, 2009, 08:15:46 AM »
Laura all I can say is...WE BELIEVE  :*

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #85 on: January 27, 2009, 08:29:48 AM »
Laura, thank you so much for your kind words, I enjoy so much being at your clinics, hopefully when I get back from Ca. I will be able to participate.  It is my honor to help in any way I can, any time I can, you the woman, do I hear an Amen to that????
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #86 on: January 27, 2009, 08:35:51 AM »
AMEN, I BELIEVE
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #87 on: January 27, 2009, 08:42:17 AM »
Amen!!

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #88 on: January 27, 2009, 08:57:41 AM »
Laura you are soooo welcome!!!  Harley and I have learned soooo much from you.  You are an inspiration and a testimony to greatness.  You are giving us such a gift with your knowledge and I cannot thank you enough for all the time, patience and knowledge you give so unselfishly.

Hats off to YOU!!!

I BELIEVE!!! [move]
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #89 on: January 27, 2009, 11:59:56 AM »
Any clinic pics?????
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built