8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: PRAYERS FOR LEVI!!! day 4--still colic-ing...  (Read 10941 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
PRAYERS FOR LEVI!!! day 4--still colic-ing...
« on: January 25, 2009, 04:36:56 PM »
Sending lots of prayers to Levi and Laura.  I know she was so worried about him but tried to keep her busy.  That horse is so special to her.  I hope he can pull through.  The family is so stressed right now so they all need our prayers......HUGS    HUGS     HUGS
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:34:59 PM by lauraSchumann »
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Deedoe

• Mega Member
Re: PRAYERS FOR LEVI!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 04:46:34 PM »
Laura I hope that Levi pulls thru. I have a few oldies that I am attached to also and if anything happened to them it would be tuff on me.

Many prayers coming to you, for your beloved Levi.

*****the hardest part of riding....is the ground!!*****

Offline NBHA4DQUEENIE

• Elite Member
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2009, 05:08:17 PM »
 (for((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))for levi  and laura   hope he gets better soon  thank you agin

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2009, 05:14:21 PM »
Laura, everyone of us are sending prayers up to the Great God above to help your horse Levi to get and get better >angel< >angel<
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2009, 07:35:44 PM »
Many Hugs and Prayers!! I have heard some good stories about this horse! Surely he will be OK!! Many Prayers!

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2009, 07:50:08 PM »
 (+) (+)  (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS))))))))

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2009, 09:03:14 PM »
Just spoke with Laura.  She got Levi to the vet and he will stay there.  They will run a blood panel and I guess go from there.  He was drinking lots of water.  Please keep the prayers coming.

I know Laura Loo is so tired cause she been on the road since 10:30 this morning with NO SLEEP............It was fun though!!!!!  Call 911 I've been kidnapped................ :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:   I can't find my PURSE!!!!! :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  Anyway, maybe she will update us further. 

Levi KEEP FIGHTING!!! >angel<
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline turn_n_look

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:10 PM »
Laura..I said a prayer for you and Levi last night on the way home from the clinic.  I can't imagine how hard it must have been for you to be so worried, but being the unselfish person you are you never let it show and put all your focus and attention on all of us at the clinic.  I admire you for being so strong.  Let us know how things are. Many prayers your way.
Powerful  Women's Motto:
Live your  life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the  morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh  crap... .she's awake!!'

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2009, 09:05:56 PM »
Many prayers for Levi's complete recovery, and prayers for Laura.
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2009, 09:58:30 PM »
Just walked in the door!  Omgosh I am tired!!
Thank you all for your prayers for this horse.   He means to world to me.  I don't run him anymore although he
is still sound and can still win.  It was just my wish that he quit while he was at the top of his game and I didn't
want him ever to finish his career as a horse that went DOWNHILL....

I left Athens at 10:30am, drove to McGregor...put Jamie Lou on Little Bit for the barrels--she made a fantastic run, but hit a
barrel that cost her (all I can say is WOW tho on how well she rides him!!), left there, and got here at 5:30--unloaded
Gus and Little Bit, fed, reloaded Levi and flew to Burnet which is an hour and half drive.  Put him in the pen and said
my "goodbyes" just in case God chooses to take him---drove back to Gustine, and here I am.  The vet just called and says
he has fought a good fight so far, and he is tired, but he is alert, and has drank quite a bit of water (I saw him drink alot of
water here before I loaded him, and I also saw him drink ALOT of water when I put him in the pen at the vets)--no bowel
movement so far today....(he did have two small ones yesterday)....He explained to me in human terms that he has an
impaction of what would be our Large Intestine and he is hoping that it will move.  He is going to run a blood panel and check it,
palpate tomorrow and see what he feels in the morning...also, he said that he was depressed.  (Know just how you feel Levi...
your mom's depressed too....)

This horse has seen me thru a horrible marriage, the raising of my children, the remarriage to a cabana boy, the worst of
everything and the best of what I know. He taught me things about barrel racing you can't learn from a person--trial and
error and alot of what I know about the way a horse "thinks"--this horse taught me because his "wheels" didn't always
spin the right way..... I can't imagine things without him and I wouldn't want to try.  Its hard to understand why or how we girls get so attached to our horses, but they are our friends...the ones that ALWAYS listen to us, always understand and always forgive.  Please keep him in your thoughts & PRAYERS.  I would really like to bring him HOME....its pretty selfish but I just want to see him in my pasture for many many years to come.
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2009, 10:55:34 PM »
Laura,

I know the feeling when your best friend is sick. I am so blessed to know you and how you took your time to be with us knowing how you were worried for your friend. Many prayers for you and Levi. Know we are here for you if you need anything!

Offline Evieshorses

• Elite Member
  • My Little mare Autumn
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 11:00:16 PM »
many Prayers for Levi!! I am here for you if you need anything! >angel< >angel<
My Gold neither sparkles nor jingles. It glistens in the sunlight and whinnies in the darkness.. (Unknown)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 11:23:08 PM »
Prayers for u and Levi..i hope he pulls through for you so u can watch him run around and play in your pasture    (((((((HUGS))))))))
can't wait till May!!!

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2009, 06:41:26 AM »
I'm praying for you and Levi ,Laura. keep up the faith, he appears to have a desire to stay a while longer >angel< I hope to read good news on here soon.
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #14 on: January 26, 2009, 07:54:12 AM »
Hi Laura - Prayers and hugs for you and Levi!!!  Most of us on this forum understand exactly how attached you are and feeling for you.  Sending strength to Levi!