8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: PRAYERS FOR LEVI!!! day 4--still colic-ing...  (Read 10947 times)

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
Re: PRAYERS FOR LEVI!!!
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2009, 05:30:14 PM »
 (((((((HUGS)))))))) (((((((HUGS)))))))) Waiting with you Laura!
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2009, 05:30:26 PM »
 ;)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2009, 05:38:32 PM »
I think if I got more sleep I would probably be handling this better....I got 4 hours on Thursday, I got 6 hours on Friday, I got 4 and half on Saturday night...Sunday I got 4 as well....that is 18 and half hours of sleep in 4 days...my thinker is kinda wore out.... *:) *:)

Last night at least I got some help driving to Burnet...I was yawning and really out of it and my buddy Ryan that lives in Evant had
just hauled a load of cattle up to the sale barn and saw me make the turn at the square to head south on 281---he called to see
what I was up to, and I told him.  He jumped in with me on the south side of Evant and I drove up there and he drove me back
most of the way....didn't sleep but the company was good and I wasn't yawning.

He is a really good friend of mine that Jamie calls "my second husband" jokingly---by the way girls...he is SINGLE...29 yrs old, never married, really cute, a good hand with a horse, ropes steers and has a good job....I told him I would find him a woman!! lol.....
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »
Hmmm, that sounded purdy darn good.  Yup, I'm here too bag lady............Wait until hoofjunky sees that..............He got pics remember..................Hmm, he got some with my bowl head too............. :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2009, 05:49:44 PM »
Yep...that Hookjunky is pretty ok isn't he?  He took all our kidding with alot of grace.  Poor Lee Conway and he were trapped in that
office in the corner with no way out that night....but I feel I gave him the option of using my nail file to chisel his way out thru
the cinder block and its not our fault if he didn't accept.   :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #50 on: January 26, 2009, 05:53:45 PM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:  I will be back with you in a few.  Got to go through some bumpers for the dog.................. ;)

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #51 on: January 26, 2009, 06:00:30 PM »
Many prayers for you and Levi. Shannon and I went through this with Twister last July at state 4-H. Got up at 6am and she was down and we luckily had vets from A&M there that helped pump her out (2 buckets full of where someone had poured her water into her feed bucket of pellets and of course it just swelled up in her stomach) and gave her shot after shot. We finally got her to where she could stand on her own and they gave us the same options of surgery or taking her to a local vet to see if she would pull through. they told us it would be around $7000/day starting out not counting what all else they had to do with her. I believed in Twister and the heart she has and made the decision to take her to a local vet (in Abilene) and they put 7 bags of iv fluids in her along with other stuff and kept her over night and all the next day. They tubed her 4 different times (now she won't take a tube because of it). We brought her back to the state competition and stayed with her all week every night. She pulled through and we have had her colic on us only when we pen her up so we keep her out on pasture and feed her every night where she can come out of her stall when she is ready. The vet had made a comment to us when we were at state that made me make the decision we made and that was that some times we don't give these horses enough credit to the heart that they have even when they feel bad. I knew Twister had a big heart as I am sure Levi does. Just stay with him as he knows you will take care of him.

Offline turn_n_look

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: January 26, 2009, 06:02:05 PM »
Man...sounds like I missed out on a funny night.  I was busy sawing logs I guess.  Laura, we're all here for you...waiting and praying.  Good luck and many prayers!
Powerful  Women's Motto:
Live your  life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the  morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh  crap... .she's awake!!'

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2009, 06:03:37 PM »
It was a good night.  Heck Rande we went for breakfast at 3:30 a.m................. :)/\\

Offline StaceyK

• Elite Member
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »
I know we don't know each other, but I read this board everday because this is such a tight knit group.  I am thinking about you and your horse, and praying he recovers on his own.  We have an older horse that was my daughters first barrel horse, he's 28, although he's very healthy, and has been retired for years now, I will never get rid of him, and of course know that he's not gonna live forever, but the thought of losing him would be devestating, as he taught my daughter to be the rider that she is now.  Again, if someone could tell me how to post pics, I would put one of him on here.  
Just wanted to let you know that you have a total stranger pulling for you and your horse, and I hope you don't have to make the decision for surgery, I pray that he is ok by tomorrow!  :*

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2009, 06:09:21 PM »
Praying for you and Levi !!!

I'm so sorry he is going through this.
PRAYERS, PRAYERS and More PRAYERS !!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2009, 06:10:43 PM »
Going to go feed horses myself...be back in a bit....

Have alot of hay to put out this evening and got to put Gussie back in his stall....he has been playing with Rumors and Speedy all day.
He LOVES/HATES them...one is 2, and one is 3 yrs old and he thinks they are ok....BUT....Gussie has been alittle depressed today actually.
Levi is one of his big buds---he used to be very particial to Little Bit but since this last time he has been here, he hooked up with
Levi and they pal around everywhere.  Gus knows he is gone and at vets and he acted really sad today so I put him out with the
youngsters so he would have something to do all day.  I went out earlier and Gus had branded my colts with bite marks up and down
their rearends....so he either likes them that much they are playing, or he hates their guts so much he is pissed.  
Who would know...after all....its Gus.

I AM TRYING TO STAY POSITIVE!!

Offline Nell

• Fossil
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:31 PM »
Hmmm, that sounded purdy darn good.  Yup, I'm here too bag lady............Wait until hoofjunky sees that..............He got pics remember..................Hmm, he got some with my bowl head too............. :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

I got some pics too!!  hehehe!  :*

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2009, 06:56:26 PM »
Hey Laura!! How are you doing now? So sorry to hear all the stress you have been going through! I sent you an email a few minutes ago....Tell Gussy to play nice! >angel<

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2009, 07:04:50 PM »
Just got in from feeding my crew and doing barn chores.  I'll be checking in every so often, Miss Laura.

How funny to read your last post:  I have a Rumors and a Speedy, too!  Now Speedy might not be that uncommon, but just how many Rumors do you hear of?  (That sounded a little odd.   >angel<)

More prayers for Levi.  (I think God doesn't mind if we just keep repeating ourselves!)
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5