8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: UPDATE PAGE 10-LEVI POOPED WITH PIC!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!  (Read 7547 times)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: UPDATE PAGE 3-LEVI POOPED WITH PIC!!!
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2009, 05:28:54 PM »
I am HOME!! Blood panel came back good...alittle off on the liver but that should be better in a few days is what vet said.
Everything looked FANTASTIC considering what all he's been thru.  This morning he checked him and palpated to feel for
impaction and it was GONE!!  Completely GONE!!

Unbelievable. I feel like I've been on a roller coaster ride for daysssss.....since last Friday I was worried sick.  I was
worried about my horse and worried that because I worried it would affect my performance to help everyone at the clinic.
I surely hope that I was a good teacher because I was soooooo concentrating on the clinic and trying NOT to think about
what my horse was doing.  When the clinic was over, I was grateful we all hung out in the office and laughed and chatted
because I was nearly ready to loose it.  Sunday, I wanted to go home so bad, but I had made a promise and I needed to
keep it for Jamie Lou to run Little Bit.  I kept thinking...."hold on Levi...I'm coming"....When I got home, I only could take him
to Burnet and leave him and had to come back as there was no one available to care for the other 15 horses here.  I kept
thinking...."hold on Levi...Mom's coming back"....the next day, the vet told me not to come down there yet...he was hoping
for a change.  By the time Tuesday came, the vet had called and said..."you need to come now"...."you have to make some
decisions"....I broke and ran...I know I probably was alittle hysterical, I was soooooo tired.   At that point I'd only had 18
hours sleep since Thursday night.  (and I sincerely apologize to anyone who I ran off the road between here and Burnet, Tx)
Totally unintended poor driving on my part.  When I got there------It was so bad, and scared me soooooo badly.  I even
had called and talked to Booger about what I should do just to clarify my thoughts about losing him, putting him down or
the surgery.  I made up my mind if he wanted to fight and showed me had the strength, we'd work together and do the
surgery no matter the cost, BUT if he was tired and suffering so much, I'd call a friend to come dig a hole and bury him
at Mom's.  TOUGHEST DECISION I EVER MADE IN MY LIFE. 
I can't tell you what happened but I truly BELIEVE that all the praying and the praying you all did TRULY DID THE MAGIC AND
GOD HEARD ALL OF US.  I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER BEEN AS BLESSED AS TODAY.  I truly LOVE this horse with all of my heart,
he's the reason I do what I do---you guys can THANK him if you think I've taught you anything about barrel racing....
He pretty much has given the strength to get thru a bad marriage, a bad divorce, bad finances occassionally, bad runs,
and raising fiesty kids.  If you don't think a horse is the answer to many of your problems, you'd be wrong---they do hear your
problems, and they do love you back....LEVI is living breathing proof of that.  I sincerely thank each of you from the bottom of
my heart.  This is an AWESOME testament to the hand of God and the good people that I love who care for me and I love back.
Thank you!!

NOW....i HAVE TO SHARE SOMETHING WITH YOU....AND I'M GOING TO START A NEW THREAD WITH THIS ON IT....
THIS WAS UNBELIEVABLE----COINCIDENCE OR NO....BUT I BELIEVE GOD WAS TELLING ME SOMETHING LAST NIGHT...
AND HE CONGRATULATED US THIS MORNING WITH THIS EVIDENCE OF FAITH....

THE THREAD WILL BE CALLED "THE POWER OF LOVE"....GO LOOK!  I'LL HAVE IT UP IN A MOMENT...
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline StaceyK

• Elite Member
Re: UPDATE PAGE 10-LEVI POOPED WITH PIC!!! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!
« Reply #136 on: January 28, 2009, 06:49:04 PM »
 >angel<

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #137 on: January 28, 2009, 07:19:57 PM »
Thatd good to hear!  (+)

Offline FlyingHRanch

• Elite Member
  • TMS Markettas Flash
« Reply #138 on: January 28, 2009, 09:19:28 PM »
Praise GOD!!!  Congratulations for getting through something so tough.  You are a GOOD, STRONG, WONDERFUL, AMAZING WOMAN LAURA!!!!  You were tested, and came through with flying colors!  Thank God for Levi!  I hope you get some well deserved rest. 
When you get thrown from a horse, you've got to get up and get back on.....unless you were thrown into a cactus, then you have to roll around on the ground, and scream in pain.

Offline nutnfancy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2009, 08:04:46 AM »
Laura I wasn't at work yesterday and I was so worried about Levi but I am so glad to get her this morning and find out he is better.  :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\
NutnFancy

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2009, 04:58:00 PM »
Laura, I'm so glad Levi is better.  Praise God and his miracles!!
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built