8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: post pics of favorite horse  (Read 6832 times)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: post pics of favorite horse
« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2009, 11:01:55 AM »
YES he is very cool and beautiful tooooooooooooo!!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline mandilou

• Elite Member
  • God Is Great...All The Time
« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2009, 11:22:34 AM »
Here's a pic of the other 2 guys that will ALWAYS be near and dear to my heart...not quite like Jay Bird, but I love them very much.  The first one is Whiskey, and I actually sold him last weekend.  Man he was hard to let go, but he is going to have such a great home.
The second is Tom Cat.  I still have him.  We have some front feet issues, so Maci rides him more than I do.  He's been hurt most of the time that I've owned him, but we've been through everything together, I have cried many tears on his shoulders.  And now I think I love him even more because he takes such good care of my little girl.

If you think you can or think you can't...either way you're right.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Maci LeeAnn Walters - August 20, 2007.  I am BLESSED!

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2009, 11:24:25 AM »
Great pics everyone!  :)/\\

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2009, 11:35:13 AM »
there is some really nice looking horse flesh out there beautiful animals girls! :)/\\
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2009, 11:44:52 AM »
What? Did someone say something about a favorite horse? Here's a couple that have held my heart  ;)  The roan's name is Weeble, I was 3 in this pic, he was a TN Walker and I adored every hair on his body. I had him until I was about 6. The sorrel is Sparkplug, he's been with me every step of my life for the last 17 years. I retired him in September, sound & happy just like I'd always hoped I could. The last pic is him and my 2yr old that already has a secure spot in my heart. He's growing up a ranch pony at Dad's. I hope he knows how big the horseshoes are that I'm hoping he will fill. I also have a dun, but no pics of him on my work computer. He's been with me for 25 years -- I truly cant remember life without him.   Thanks for starting this thread  :*  I love seeing everyone's pics!
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #50 on: February 13, 2009, 12:32:01 PM »
OK....I'm making an attempt to post pictures but I'm not the brightest thing when it comes to all this!  If it works....the first picture is the one I'm currently running....I was playing around with the picture last night and turned it into b/w and didn't realized I saved it this way!  :ROFL2:  CJ Royal Hickory--my 9 yr old gelding--has definitely been my challenge.  He's Doc Hickory...and those that have ridden a Hickory horse know how they can be under you in one second and flat gone then next!!!  He has so much personality though!  This picture was taken at Deb Mohon's Memorial Barrel race
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline cold n classy

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2009, 12:34:50 PM »
WHOOOO HOOOO!!  It worked!  I think the ones I REALLY want to post are too large in size....this next picture is one that makes you say, "Holy Cow!"  See if you can find his face!  This was taken at Nacogdoches and you can honestly see by the picture that we somehow managed to "take a bad step"....this is "Biscuit" and he's definitely the one on my place that has my heart...he's my "old faithful" that I can pull up and have the same horse no matter what!  He's 17 now but acts like he's 10!
To be a champion inside the arena, be a champion outside the arena!  (Deb Mohon's words to me-1999)

I ride in hopes and prayers that Bess may walk again one day!

Offline turn_n_look

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: February 13, 2009, 12:35:59 PM »
Okay, this is sad but I have like NO barrel racing pics...well at least none on my computer, therefore I'm pretty limited on what I can post.  Mind you I can take the best looking horse on earth, snap a pic and make it look like a donkey  :ROFL2:  So here's a few of the horses I have now.  I'll post some more when i get home and have a few more to choose from.
The first one is Deuce a horse I "acquired" a few summers ago.  He was pretty much not broke but I worked with him a ton and he's come along super nice.  Hopefully he's going to make my boyfriend his next calf horse since I stole his to go run barrels on.  The next one is my 3 year old mare that if she ever quits coughing is going to hopefully be my next barrel horse.
Powerful  Women's Motto:
Live your  life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the  morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh  crap... .she's awake!!'

Offline mandilou

• Elite Member
  • God Is Great...All The Time
« Reply #53 on: February 13, 2009, 01:09:15 PM »
Ah Rande....Poor Sonny....he didn't even make the fav. horse list.  I bet gbacres would put him on her list.  For sure on her list of fav. horses at the clinic!!  Ha ha.
If you think you can or think you can't...either way you're right.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Maci LeeAnn Walters - August 20, 2007.  I am BLESSED!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #54 on: February 13, 2009, 01:10:32 PM »
cookeey makes me drool............... ;)
can't wait till May!!!

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #55 on: February 13, 2009, 01:17:26 PM »
I will see if I can post a picture of my old guy here.  Breaker is 23 now and retired and fat and happy at home.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline Slickster

• Mega Member
    • Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
« Reply #56 on: February 13, 2009, 01:18:16 PM »
Dina....wish I could see the expression on your face on Biscuit.   SCARY!!!!!!
Red River Barrel Racing Assoc.
www.RRBRA.com

Offline Sherry May

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • We ran a 21.263!
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2009, 01:19:35 PM »
This is my current guy, Cowboy.
Yesterday is history.
   Tomorrow a mystery.
      Today is a gift.
          That is why it is called the present.

Offline turn_n_look

• Veteran Member
« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2009, 01:28:34 PM »
Ah Rande....Poor Sonny....he didn't even make the fav. horse list.  I bet gbacres would put him on her list.  For sure on her list of fav. horses at the clinic!!  Ha ha.
I know..so sad right!   >CRYING EYES OUT< He is definitely on my favorite horse list I just don't have any pics on this computer.  I only have one of him and I running barrels...the others have been too hideous for me to buy! haha.  I'll put one of him on here when I get home.  It's of him in his jammies but it's better than nothing!

And thanks debhorses, she makes me drool too.  Now if she would just get healthy I would be even happier. 
Powerful  Women's Motto:
Live your  life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the  morning, Satan shudders & says... 'Oh  crap... .she's awake!!'

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2009, 01:30:08 PM »
Ya'll really have some beautiful horses! I love cookey! I will try to get my old barrel horse Jasper downloaded to the computer if I can get my scanner to work at home later! He was that one horse that I just clicked with and could do anything with him. I retired him at 22 and we ended up having to put him down at 32. Have just never found one that I click with like that since.