8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Gods cake  (Read 782 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Gods cake
« on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »
Sometimes we wonder, 'What did I do to deserve this?' or 'Why did God have to do this to me?' Here is a wonderful explanation!

A daughter is telling her mother how everything is going wrong: she's failing algebra ; her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.

Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, 'Absolutely, Mom, I love your cake.'

'Here, have some cooking oil,' her Mother offers. 'Yuck,' says her daughter.

'How about a couple raw eggs?' 'Gross, Mom!'

'Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?'

'Mom, those are all yucky!'

To which the mother replies: 'Yes, all those things seem bad by themselves But when they are put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

God works the same way. Many times we wonder why He would let us go through such bad and difficult times. But God knows that when He puts these things all in His order, they always work for good! We just have to trust Him and, eventually, they will all make something wonderful!

God is crazy about you! He sends you flowers every spring and a sunrise every morning.

Whenever you want to talk, He'll listen. He can live anywhere in the universe, and He chose your heart.

If you like this, send this on to the people you really care about. I did.

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
...I hope your Day is a piece of Cake!
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: Gods cake
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
 :)/\\ That is a good one!  :)/\\

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:50:04 AM »
I got that from Linda, too!  It is so very true.  We have to remember to just say "Thank you, God!"  when He gives us good things. 
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 06:38:08 PM »
and believe that obviously we can handle the bad or him wouldnt have put it in front of us
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 07:26:54 PM »
Today wasn't my piece of cake...but honestly I've had much worse days...so I got off easyyyyyy. :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
I loved what you wrote....but honestly Tamet....it made me hungry. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Yep God is good. :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Rafter 3

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 08:31:30 PM »
I liked that alot  :)/\\

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 10:23:49 PM »
 :)/\\ :)/\\
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2009, 06:14:34 PM »
Today wasn't my piece of cake...but honestly I've had much worse days...so I got off easyyyyyy. :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
I loved what you wrote....but honestly Tamet....it made me hungry. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Yep God is good. :)/\\ :)/\\ :)/\\
Only you would it make hungry  :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: