General Category > General Discussion

Hey does anyone know of a good calming supplement for a horse??

<< < (4/7) > >>

flame_012:
Ha i think your talking about Lessley. I'm her cousin Jessie:) her moms my dads sis. But thanks for that. My horse sounds exactly like yours

MMRANCH02:

--- Quote from: flame_012 on October 28, 2009, 08:19:39 AM ---Ha i think your talking about Lessley. I'm her cousin Jessie:) her moms my dads sis. But thanks for that. My horse sounds exactly like yours

--- End quote ---

you are absolutely right!!  That is exactly who I thought you were - never knew she had a cousin - shoulda, I guess!!  Haven't been up to Joyce's in years - but went for an awesome clinic there with my first horse - who knew he could walk thru tires?? 

Jessie, I'm just saying that there are a lot of things on the market to "calm" a horse - and I promise you I have bought them all.  The only thing that takes SOME of the edge off Jack is the Fluphenazine (called prozac for horses, hence my horse's nickname - Prozac Jack!).  But with mares it can make them real mean.  I would try the herbal stuff like Moody Mare, if I were you.  Also, another thing we did with our Easy Jet mare who would just eat you alive if you (a) were not a man or (b) weren't carrying a feed bucket - but would smoke a pattern!!  We put her on Thyro L - if they don't need it, no harm done, but if they do, in 30 days you have a diff horse - better disposition, better coat and mane and tail, better feet.  It's cheap, and I recommend it often.  Also, sometimes you just hafta work around their issues - Jack does not do crowded warm up areas or anything like that - I warm him up (or have Jersey Lil's daughter warm him up - LOL!), tie him to the trailer for a while, take him to his run, and he is done.  I keep things real calm around him (except for me, of course!).  He can really turn a pretty pattern, and he wants to work, he is just anxious!!

rfcgf:
I had been feeding Patriot or Safe Choice 12% for several years and my husband read about a new feed program using an all natural product.  I started using this program about 3 months ago and have noticed that they don't spook, they don't get nervous, thier feet have gotten WAY better (mine are all barefoot). I wasn't looking for these results, we were just going for a program that is based on all natural, no biproducts, healthier choice, but have been very pleasantly surprised by all these wonderful changes. You can send me one of those private messages and I will tell you about it. It is not expensive and I have been really impressed.

TxCanchaser22:
Focus Equine...the best thing I have EVER found and I have tried everything, it helps them focus but doesn't take the run out of them...I use it on my young horses for the first few haulings and then also on one of my open horses who wants to look at everything but what he is suppose to be doing.  It is good stuff!

Farel:
hey MMR that chlorapromizine you give it 4 hours before you run..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version