General Category > General Discussion

Hey does anyone know of a good calming supplement for a horse??

<< < (2/7) > >>

wendyb:
We used B1 and B6 with Britt's Gelding when he was younger and got 'frizzed' --- he was controllable, but during drill team they require such precision and go from loping fast and excited to calm and completely still, the B6 really helped.

(Try it on teenagers too... amazing...)

My sorting mare was a witch for the first year I had her.  Sent her to a trainer and he had the same problems.  When asked to move out and work through the pen, she would buck for the first 10 seconds of a 60 second run.  Every single time...   Started her on Moody Mare and within about a week she was a different horse.  All natural ingredients.  Have read where it is given to geldings too, so not just a hormonal thing.

Interested in seeing what everyone else says.

casey has heart:
I use raspberry leaves for my mares(same as mare magic but i buy it in bulk/organic herb supply at $3lb rather than $50lb) and vit supp w magnesium.  plus my feed has 6% fat, 14 protien and 14 fiber.

cominupthealley:
Mare Magic is awesome I've seen it work on alotta horses. If u can find someone to give it for you or have full sleeve rubber gloves regumate worked wonders on the DTF mare I have. She reverted to lunatic status as soon as we took her off. Its dangerous stuff tho

simply firewater:
I have a mare that does this when at a show.  It's not the feed because she is perfect at home, but she knows her job and gets nervous and on the muscle at a race.  She is also prone to Ulcers because of her nervousness.  I have treated her for ulcers and that has made a big improvement.  When she is at a race I give her omeprazole every day she is there.  I only give her a maintence dose and not the full treatment dose and she does so much better at shows with this.  Just a thought, Good Luck.

Wrap3:
Vitamin B1 crumbles they are amazing!!! I also used to use quitex on a pony for a girl that I was working with it was pretty good.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version