News > Industry

COBRA Barrel Racers

(1/1)

COBRAtalk:
Do you know about COBRA Barrel Racers? This is a different concept to barrel racing in this area. I'm here to answer any questions you may have. COBRA is Not  a "D" barrel race. We give our riders and their horses numbers based on a survey they take. Then, we group all contestants in Leagues based on ability, money won and barrel racing experience. Everyone runs for the fastest time in their League. We run 3-race Circuits where buckles and other awards are given out in each League. Our year-end awards for 1st in each League are saddles. Come try something new. Prepare to be impressed. Ck us out at www.cobrabarrelracers.com.

barn goddess:
What area are y'all in? I was a member of an assocoiation similar to this in Oklahoma. They numbered us and our horses, it was called United States Barrel Racing Assoc. if I recall correctly. I really liked the concept. Please tell me more. They had their finals at Guthrie Lazy E. It was a shootout format.

COBRAtalk:
We are northwest of Fort Worth. Right now all 12 of our races are at Salt Creek arena in Boyd. It's just south on HWY 51 at HWY 114. We hope to get a big enough following to move into some of the bigger event centers. Our finals are set up basically like our normal races. Our year-end standings are based on points earned. Our 3-race Circuit standings are based on combined times, no DQ for a hit barrel, just +5.

COBRAtalk:
For more info ck out our convo in the "general" forum.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version