8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: WRANGLER CALLED!! BIG BUTT GIRLS UNITE!! Wrangler needs a good talking to!  (Read 16671 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
So okay, my trainer Jennifer, who left me and moved to South Dakota, had these wonderful Wrangler jeans.  I say had, but perhaps she still has them . . . I don't know really.
But anyway, they were so cute!

They had the classic Wrangler W on the pocket, but they had like these bronze dots outlining the W!
They.
were.
perhaps are still.
cute.

So I set out on a quest to find them for myself.
I am not delusional.  My butt will not look in those jeans the way that Jenn's butt looked in those jeans.
Not that I was checking her out like that . . . I wasn't.  But obviously, they were pretty cute cause I want them!

I went to Cavendars, Western Warehouse & Sheplers before they closed, Boot Town . . . none of them had them.  I went to the Wrangler website trying to find the jeans and see if perhaps I could order them.   Could not find them.

Eventually, I gave up on my jeans.  They were simply not to be had.  But I did still want myself a pair of cute little kicky Wrangler jeans.

So I set about another trip to go and find myself some wranglers!
On my quest for the perfect Wrangler jean I came to the Wrangler 47s. 
I like them.
They do not like me.

I like the Ultimate Riding Jeans, the Cash jean is SOOOOO cute!

I tried them on and hastily took them off!

I finally found the Ladies Premium Patch Low Rise Dusty Road Jean!
These are my jeans!! 

Or at least I think so, I can't really be sure to tell you the truth.
Cause when I put them on, they looked NOTHING like when Jenn had them on!  Nothing at all like when Jenn had them on.

So that leads me to a question . . .
WHY!?
WHY?  I say, would the pocket on the back of a size 2 Wranglers be the same size as the pocket on the back of a size 15 Wranglers . . .

And why is a 15 the largest size for the cute jeans?

I put those jeans on and my legs looked like stuffed sausages . . .
I mean I have never felt quite so fat looking . . .
I remembered what Laura said about going with the classic, no stretch and lots of starch . . . but they simply did not fit me.  My thighs are just too hugemongous.
I mean the front view was hideous, and not anywhere near the visage that the designers at Wrangler had in mind I'm sure.

But that wasn't the important part was it? 
I wanted the jeans for the kicky little pockets didn't I?

So I turned around.

and screamed!!

The pockets were sat on either side of my butt really close to the seams, and they were small.
Really small.  So small in fact that when I took them off I compared the size 15 pockets to the size 5 pockets and learned that they were exactly the same size.

When I looked at my butt in these jeans y'all, it was like a great expanse of denim had opened up.  My butt appeared to be the size of the grand frickin canyon with two little bronze W's on either side.

I gave the impression of a denim pillow stuffed a little too tightly with fat thighs and knock knees for the bed spread.

I was mortified and heart broken (and I couldn't breathe), still am to be honest.

I'm angry with myself that my butt, thighs and knees have reached such ginourmous proportions . . . but also, i am perplexed that Wrangler would do such a cruel thing as to put size 5 pockets on a size 15 butt.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 02:39:49 PM by PunkinNMe »
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: BIG BUTT GIRLS UNITE!! Wrangler needs a good talking to!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 09:27:41 AM »
oh Ve....darn it... :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

First off...this is my theory....Cruel Girl was meant to say Big Girl for anyone over a size 13...they just could not very well sell
jeans that said Big Girl...so they went with the Cruel Girl name...just a nicer way of putting it... :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Second....those "Cash" jeans...girl!! us short waisted girls that are larger...we can't wear them...too high waisted!!  did you
notice that??  As soon as you zip them up....the waist rolls down.  Nuts.

Third....the starch theory....it holds true...but you just gotta find the fit.  The starchier the britches the less the wrinkles want
to settle where you dont want them to, so you get a longer, leaner look.

Fourth---I can't find my fav type of jeans....and yep...altho i don't do stretch denim much...they are stretches, but I starch
them so much, and buy them where they don't stretch at all...very very big....ANYONE KNOW WHERE YOU CAN GET A STRETCH
PAIR OF CRUEL GIRL GEORGIA'S WITH THE SLIT ON THE LEG, BOOTCUT LOOK??  if you do....TELL ME....i can't find them....just the
ones without the stretch!!

And lastly----POCKETS SHOULD BE PUT ON THE REAR IN PROPORTION TO THE SIZE OF THE PANTS....DANG!! WHEN WILL THEY
LEARN THAT???  ITTY BITTY POCKETS THAT LOOK GOOD ON A SIZE 3 BUTT...LOOK LIKE A ONLY A PENCILSIZE POCKET PROTECTOR
SIZE ON A LARGER PAIR OF JEANS!!  I HAVE SHIRT POCKETS THAT ARE LARGER!! 

Maybe...Ve and me should design some jeans for these folks...that you can actually ride in....and that look good....
and have a pocket that works....that don't roll down or squeeze your knees in half, or when you sit...your butt crack hangs out.
Yep...there's our project Ve. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 09:36:30 AM »
OMG well, Ve, I am a proud member of this club...I have plenty of Bootay and thigh! NOTHING seems to fit both the waist and the leg....but I did buy the jackson low rise, 20x relaxed fit jean. And I love them! Yeah, they get a little saggin' after the second day, but man, they dont give me a muffin top and they dont strangle my legs!!!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 09:39:52 AM »
Maybe...Ve and me should design some jeans for these folks...that you can actually ride in....and that look good....
and have a pocket that works....that don't roll down or squeeze your knees in half, or when you sit...your butt crack hangs out.
Yep...there's our project Ve. :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

YES!!
I am sending an email today!!  I will be volunteering our services either as desingers or fit models for their new line!
We want something with a LEEEETLE bit of stretch, vented boot cut legs,  pockets that adjust with the size of the jean, a waist that is low enough not to roll in the front but high enough not be be indecent in the back and perhaps something with a little bit of classic style.  Please do not read the word "style" to mean fade the front thigh area and the butt cheeks.  This only accentuates my problem areas and makes me look like a sausage link.

And I like the Cruel Girls, but I wanted that frickin W!

I love the ultimate riding jeans cause they have that vented boot cut look that you are describing about your favorite jeans, and they have flex knees so that they dont' cut off circulation!
But alas, not made for me and my sizeable "assets".

I'll go peep the Cruel Girls and see what happens.

CRAP!
This is just too much stress.
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 09:42:00 AM »
OMG well, Ve, I am a proud member of this club...I have plenty of Bootay and thigh! NOTHING seems to fit both the waist and the leg....but I did buy the jackson low rise, 20x relaxed fit jean. And I love them! Yeah, they get a little saggin' after the second day, but man, they dont give me a muffin top and they dont strangle my legs!!!

I will also be trying these jeans . . .

I have a big ole bedonka donk that sits atop some substantial thigh acrage, but relative to my butt my waist is pretty small.  So if a jean fits down low . . . you can probably put a 4 year old in the gap at the waist band.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:07 AM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: YUP, i hate the butt crack!!!! I liked them and this was after trying on literally every single pair of jeans...I went with a size 11 even though my brain says I am still a 9.....however, my butt had to argue and would not let the size 9's go above said butt.

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:45:17 AM »

I have the pair you are talkin' bout Rach.....I like them too...except...haven't you noticed its like the leg of that jean gets smaller as it goes to your
ankle??  Kinda like a straight leg??  They would have been better if that was changed!!

I have most every brand, tried most every one...but the ones that I am crazy about are the Cruel Girl Cargos right now.....LOVE THEM.
AND I love the fact they do wonderful things for my ego....you get to buy a size smaller in them...
I usually wear a 13/14 in any jean...but in those...yikes!  yippee!! one size smaller---11/12....."its not what you are...its what you think you are"...
lol.....lol........lol......lol......

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 09:51:35 AM »
Actually Laura, the slims do that. The relaxed fit do not!!!  :)/\\ I tried on the cargo and WOW..no, they came up to the bottom of my bra...Did I mention that along with my rear and my front...I have NO torso....so butt stops about where the cleavage starts!!  :ROFL2:

Offline runningonwings

• Mega Member
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2009, 09:52:10 AM »
It is because women do not make jeans :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2009, 09:55:10 AM »
It is because women do not make jeans :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

EXACTLY...and the ones that do....are a size 2..... :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline PunkinNMe

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2009, 10:01:49 AM »
d@#% size 2s

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 10:57:35 AM »
I really liked the original cruel girls but can't seem to find them.  <(::)> So after buying, and wearing lots of jeans, that I really didn't like the fit of I found 20x  classic fit low rise tulsa's. I really like these. I have 2 pair, and just alternate between the 2 every other day. I'm really dreading wearing them out. I guess I better go and get a couple more pair before they change the make again. Why does jean shopping have to be so difficult?  >CRYING EYES OUT<

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Charter Member
  • Demi-God
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 10:59:42 AM »
See, the 20X are good! Yeah, I wore my fav pair out.....so sad...

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 11:01:12 AM »
That's my question, why do they keep changing the jeans just when you find something  that works and then they aren't avaible anymore!! URRRGGGGG

Offline turnnburn68

• Extreme Member
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2009, 02:16:14 PM »
I am with y'all! I can't find a pair of britches to save my life that fit right. I have WAY too much going on in the back and my waist is small. So, I also get "the gap" going on in the back. I have started wearing Cinch jeans and really like them. I wear the white label / low rise. They seem to have the best fit that I have found so far. Because you know there is a never ending search that goes on in our world for the best fitting jeans.
Of course y'all do know that there are two types of jeans - the "going to the bar" jeans and the "eatin' jeans". Of course ridin' jeans would fall under the "eatin' jean" catagory.
"Always saddle your own horse"
Connie Reeves - National Cowgirl Hall of Fame Inductee