8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: WRANGLER CALLED!! BIG BUTT GIRLS UNITE!! Wrangler needs a good talking to!  (Read 16664 times)

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Re: BIG BUTT GIRLS UNITE!! Wrangler needs a good talking to!
« Reply #75 on: March 26, 2009, 11:02:16 AM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #76 on: March 26, 2009, 11:04:54 AM »
 :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #77 on: March 26, 2009, 11:11:40 AM »
Y'all are cracking me up!
I do have a bone to pick with Wrangler though! They said they "tested" those new jeans and asked the "women of the AQHA" about what they liked. Apparently none of them have a butt OR thighs! I can't wear those stupid things to save my life! UUGG!!!! *:)

they never sent me a questionairre..... >CRYING EYES OUT< >CRYING EYES OUT< >CRYING EYES OUT<
did anyone else get one??  or they left us larger hipped ladies out due to the rising costs of denim?? :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2: :ROFL2:
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline turnnburn68

• Extreme Member
« Reply #78 on: March 26, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »
I know, right? I never got asked for my opinion either!
I think they just asked the "skinny women of the AQHA" not the "REAL women"
"Always saddle your own horse"
Connie Reeves - National Cowgirl Hall of Fame Inductee

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
So I got a call this afternoon . . .
"From who?", you ask . . .
From Wrangler Consumer Relations, that's who!!

I called them earlier in the week, and asked them to take a look at this post and kind of let them know about our gripes and concerns!

She called today and said she had tried to get on the site but couldn't . . . just like we couldn't.
But she did want to hear what we had to say about our jeans issues.

So I cut loose with all of it!
We need room in the butt and thighs!
The Ultimate Riding jeans aren't made for these riders apparently!
Why don't you size up the pockets when you size up the jeans?
Why am I not allowed to have cute jeans once I hit a certain size?
What AQHA women did you talk to?
Why does a pair of jeans that works for me suddenly disappear?

She asked me why noone buys Aura jeans, since they are made for just these types of issues . . .
and I told her "because they are ugly quite frankly."
I told her that they look like mom jeans, she said "well yeah they are marketed to a slightly older demographic."
I said, "well, even if we are older we don't want to look that way.  AND there are plenty of us who aren't necessarily older, but we do need some concessions . . . and should have to wear mom jeans to get them."
She agreed.
I told her also that, "I dont' understand why being over a certain size means I can't wear cute jeans and/or a W on my butt."

She took notes, and asked if it would be okay for someone from merchandising to call me back.

And also said they were gonna try to come back out and look at this thread.

So if you have something you want Wrangler to hear - post it now!!
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline RUN FOR FUN

• Elite Member
You are so right.  They don't have our sizes with short legs either.  If they will give you an email address we can flood their offices with our graps too. 

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
They need jeans for tall and large women not just tall and skinny. They also don't necessarily need to have a small waste to them. I am straight up an down an so if I get them to fit in the legs then I can't get them to fit in the waist or visa-versa! I do like the small slit that they have come out with in the bottom of the pant leg as I have "man legs and can't wear straight legs and that slit doesn't look I have found a pair of bell bottoms from the 70's! Just don't find that many of them!!

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
This is terrible.  ::) I have a chance to have input on soemthing,and don't really know what to say.  ???  :-\

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
I agree with Barl5 - jeans do not need to have small waists, sometimes it is easier to buy guy jeans.  I am straight up and down and it is hard to find jeans to fit.  Barl5 and I cannot be the only ones in the world that need jeans like this!!!!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline bj

• Ebarrelracing.com hero And Burger Queen
  • Charter Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com Rocks
I'm older and larger and I want the old style wrangler that comes up to my waist.  I cannot pull off having my gutt hanging over the top of my jeans and feel comfortable.  I don't want to feel like I will explode and fly across the room backwards.  I like room in the thigh and the rump and the pockets well placed according to the size of my backside.  I love cute and blingy. Just can't find them in my size.  Also I am tall as well and that is not a good combo for anyone to try and fit.  I am so glad you started this thread.

Offline Deedoe

• Mega Member
I need them loooong.....  ;)
Right now I have to buy mens jeans to get the length.. but I have extra in the waste on mens jeans, but I don't have any choice all the womens jeans are for short people.  

cruel girl used to make a long relaxed jean and then they quit making it!!    >:(
*****the hardest part of riding....is the ground!!*****

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
I am going to directly point a finger at the new jeans....the Cash style jean they are making....

Cute cute leg on this jean....Everything fits me perfectly til you get up to the hip....SHORTEN THE RISE ON THIS JEAN....
It comes up so high that this jean rolls downnnnnnn, downnnnnn....when I sit on a horse!!  Remember the old high rise
rocky's??  This is a close second on the rise.  This jean needs to come on down like those on a cruel girl utility cargo...and
they would be perfect and I'd buy every pair I could get my hands on.  Speaking of the pockets.....pockets should be proportionate...
but I do think these pockets on this jean are a tad too large.  I don't need a pocket that covers my whole hinney like an apron...

WRANGLER REPS....CALL ME!!  PLEASE CALL ME!!  I WILL HELP HELP HELP....I AM IN DESPERATE NEED OF JEANS THAT FIT!!

The other jean they making that's new....the "Q baby" jean....I have them too....I like the rise....I like the material....but....
the leg needs to have more of a flare boot leg cut on the bottom and more room allowed in the knees.  People that larger that would
wear a stretch material pant do not need it to "squeeze" them at the knees as that takes a slimming line away from a leg for
a longer, leaner look.  If the jean had another 2 inches thru the knee, gradually cutting into the boot cut or the leg of the CASH
jean...you would have a real winner in my book.

Aura jeans.....3 words.....yuk, yuk, yuk.  I'm sorry... they look great on Angie Meadors, but lets talk reality....everything looks good on her.
I also think when marketing a jean to the real woman of the western world, that Wrangler should demonstrate size, proportion, and cut on women models of different sizes that demo all kinds of body types----we have lots of gals who would be great models for Wrangler that
are champions and would adhear to the standards of promotion for Wrangler, that are all types of sizes rather than the twiggy girls that
are usually campaigning your clothes.  I think it would be a great marketing stragedy for Wrangler to look into.  And it would show the fit,
and the style of the product that would make you go walk over, pick up a pair of jeans on the rack and try a pair that you might not
normally put on.

These are just my ideas....Seriously....free feel to contact me.  
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline kbrooks

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
One statement . . . .

Just because my butt gets rounder doesn't mean my legs get shorter.  I wish all clothes makes would understand that concept - not just W.

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
Or that bigger girls necessarily have 40 extra lbs floating around in front of them...

I'm thick and I have no waist line. I don't NEED 2 extra yards of fabric to cover my belly thank you. Do YOU have any clue what it looks like when you sit down with two extra yards of fabric in the crotchtal area?

It ain't purty and if your jeans make me look like I have boy parts when I sit down, I ain't buying them.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
Oh the Aura's...Yeah the material is junk. They wear out in less than 6 months. Also they pinch at the knees and I have curves dang it....I have hips. I dont want to look like my jeans are painted on from my thighs to my knees.......YUCK! I love my 20X jeans but I am having a HARD time finding the ones that might fit and be long enough. 36 is long enough...not 34...........Also, you still have that painted on look in the knees and thighs to fit the waist....YUCK!!! Call me full figured, but I am a size 9/10. I hate the fact that sometimes I have to buy a 7 and sometimes an 11 in the 20X....Oh the Q-babies.....Nope....not for "real women" cause no real woman wants jeans that are painted on!! Hello!!! I have thick thighs because I use those muscles riding every day!!!!!! They have always been thick!!!!! When i was a size 1 they were thick!!!! But to get them to not be tight in the butt and thighs, you have to get them so big that you "crack" in them cause the waist is too loose!!  :-\ I cannot find a single pair of jeans that fit for riding......Guys, we also have to be able to get on the horse!!!!!! Too tight in the thigh= split britches during mounting!