8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: WRANGLER CALLED!! BIG BUTT GIRLS UNITE!! Wrangler needs a good talking to!  (Read 16668 times)

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Re: WRANGLER CALLED!! BIG BUTT GIRLS UNITE!! Wrangler needs a good talking
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2009, 07:01:03 PM »
This is great ya'll!
Keep the comments coming.
I'm gonna call them and remind them with a voicemail about this thread cause they couldn't find it when they tried today with the server issues!

We are the people who are riding so they should be making these jeans for us, not models.
And yeah, I know thta some of us riders have model proportions . . . but by and large - Large is the majority!

Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
I was looking for a profile shot....found this one...these jeans roll on me... :-\

Here is another bad side shot...

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
Why can't they just make a pair of jeans, with the same fit as the regular ole 13 and 14 mwz's with a little lower waist???? And by golly at least some on the shelf that's 36 in length.

I've worn size 3's and 5's for 25 years~!!!!!! I love them. But now that the style is a little lower rise....I like that too...if I can find one's that fit. Which is virtually impossible! The ONLY thing I don't Love about the mwz's is the placement or maybe I should say thickness of that cross seam in the crotch.....can you say sit on a rock in your saddle????????????????
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline dkatrip

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
I would like to see jeans that were over a size 15.  I am a LARGE person size 16W-18W or probably a 20-24 in regular clothes.  I like a LITTLE flare at the bottom, but not one that looks like I came out of the 70'...I had many pairs of them THEN, and the bigger the bell the more in style you were THEN.  I also want to see ones that were larger and roomier in the butt...(I have a very wide butt)...and larger in the thigh and knee, but not at the calf and ankle.  I also have a smaller waist than my wide butt and thighs, so I don't want to buy a pair of jeans to fit my WIDE butt and thighs then have the waist so large that it gaps to the point that everyone can see down the backside...not a pretty pic. I assure you. (Crack kills lol).  The lower rise jeans are too short in the stride for me...I have major belly/hip/butt hang over sitting or standing, but I don't want them sooooo tall waisted that it becomes my underwire bra either.

Clothing makers don't have REAL women in mind when they make jeans.  They are more concerned about the young girls who want to look fashionable and hip, because they are the ones who follow trends more.  I SAY BULL MALARKY ON THAT.  I am WAY over 20 something and want to look fashionable and hip too.

I've never found a pair of Wrangler, Cruel Girl (way too small and skinny), etc. that would come close to fitting this Plus sized body.  REAL women have curves not stick figures like the men, the super models, the bikini thin types, the ones who have no figure/curves, etc.  (Oh Lee makes one for larger women, but can you say stretch...that do fit fine and have a decent opening at the bottom...and can you say not in style and SO Wal-Mart fashion?)

JEANS MAKERS OUT THERE...if you need a LARGE sized person for a model please find me and I'll help you make a jean that the REAL women wear.   

Offline shellyh1971

• Veteran Member
what about the thick heavy weight denim material?? NOOOOOOOO Stretch...I cant stand they way they look.. YUK!!!  As far as a boot cut... not so skinny that you have to cut them to get them over your boots but not real flairy either....just enough to go over your boots, and stack at the bottom without dragging on the ground and getting walked on.

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
For the Wrangler reps that may be reading this...Please make some long sleeve, collared, button up shirts that are long enough to stay tucked in while working/riding.  Y'all got the long performance sleeve down, now we also need longer shirt tails.
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline melaself

• Global Moderator
  • Fossil
For the Wrangler reps that may be reading this...Please make some long sleeve, collared, button up shirts that are long enough to stay tucked in while working/riding.  Y'all got the long performance sleeve down, now we also need longer shirt tails.

And PLEASE make them in some nice solid colors!!!! EVERY performance length sleeve shirt I have been able to find in the last 3 years is Pink Plaid. They all look the same!!! Why is it that only mens shirts come with long enough sleeves, wide enough shoulders, and solid colors? You know, all girls don't have tiny sloping shoulders. Some of us don't have to wear shoulder pads in our jackets.  >:(

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services

And PLEASE make them in some nice solid colors!!!! EVERY performance length sleeve shirt I have been able to find in the last 3 years is Pink Plaid. They all look the same!!! Why is it that only mens shirts come with long enough sleeves, wide enough shoulders, and solid colors? You know, all girls don't have tiny sloping shoulders. Some of us don't have to wear shoulder pads in our jackets.  >:(

DITTO!!! I should not have to special order a regular colored $@&*!!!! But like you say the ones that fit are all in pink plaid or something....I want PLAIN!!!! I dont have much shoulder, but the shirts that fit are not flattering!! Longer tails!! Gotta keep them tucked in!!

Offline Runfast

• Elite Member
Last week I went jean shopping since I lost close to 30 pounds and needed some that fit again.  For 1 hour I tried every jean Teskeys had and the problems I had were with length, I guess Wrangler and Cruel Girl think we all wear 34 inch lengths and aren't taller.  I am long waisted and hate the fact that all the jeans there had 1 inch long zippers and hit me around my hips.  It's not 1965 and hip huggers are not flattering if you actually have a set of hips.  The legs were very tight in the thigh area, and who can actually ride in jeans when your butt crack shows?   Who tests these jeans, cause it sure as heck isn't someone that actually rides!

Last year I walked out of David's and told the manager they had better start getting in woman's clothing for those of us that are over 20 and bigger than a size 2!  It's frustrating when you have money that you would gladly spend and can't find a freakin pair of jeans that don't make you look like a circus clown.

For those of you looking for a shirt that actually stays tucked in when you ride in solid colors, the shirts we wear at shows come in gorgeous solid colors, have long enough sleeves and are made by Blue Generation.
Ulcer Stop:  Found in the feed rooms of Mary Burger, Terra Bynum, Terri Kaye Kirkland, Josh Peek and KC Jones
(940)433-2764

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
DITTO on the solid colored shirts!
‎"Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy."
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Christi

• Dinosaur!
Runfast, where can we find the Blue Generation brand shirts?
~ Norman Vincent Peale

Offline Tx23

• Veteran Member
Why can't they just make a pair of jeans, with the same fit as the regular ole 13 and 14 mwz's with a little lower waist???? And by golly at least some on the shelf that's 36 in length.

AMEN!!!  I've worn wranglers for the last 30 years.  Unfortunately, I've gradually "grown" through the sizes to where I am now.  I still love the material and everything about them EXCEPT THE HIGH WAIST THAT NOW DIGS INTO ME  WHEN I SIT AND RIDE!  Please take a little of the height off the top without losing it in the back where I DO want it to cover my "real woman who has had children" butt!  I'm on the short side but  I like the length to go over my boots and stay down at my heel even when I'm riding!  I, too, have been jean shopping...hate it hate it hate it!  I've even resorted to taking apart a worn out pair I like and playing with the parts to create my own pattern for making my own jeans.   Now, I like to sew but with my schedule...that is desperation! Wrangler...please ask us questions and listen to us!!

Offline Runfast

• Elite Member
Runfast, where can we find the Blue Generation brand shirts?

I get these shirts from the people that do our embroidery on our show shirts.  I would do a google search for the company.
Ulcer Stop:  Found in the feed rooms of Mary Burger, Terra Bynum, Terri Kaye Kirkland, Josh Peek and KC Jones
(940)433-2764

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
I LOVE the Aura jeans!!  I don't think they are mommy jeans (I am not a mommy yet and still in my 20's...lol)  Anyways, I love how they have different rises and love stretch to them.  I have very long legs too and I need a 38 inseam to fit me comfortably, but your pants are great! 

Now Gabe you said the pants fabric did not last you 6 months?  Well they have different denim for there different types so maybe you happen to get the one that I have not tried????  I have several pairs that have lasted me YEARS.  The best part is the jeans usually run larger so I feel a little better about trying on pants because I HATE trying on pants...lol!!
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
I LOVE the Aura jeans!!  I don't think they are mommy jeans (I am not a mommy yet and still in my 20's...lol)  Anyways, I love how they have different rises and love stretch to them.  I have very long legs too and I need a 38 inseam to fit me comfortably, but your pants are great! 

Now Gabe you said the pants fabric did not last you 6 months?  Well they have different denim for there different types so maybe you happen to get the one that I have not tried????  I have several pairs that have lasted me YEARS.  The best part is the jeans usually run larger so I feel a little better about trying on pants because I HATE trying on pants...lol!!

Hollie---ummm...not to repeat my original statement....but ANGIE MEADORS, ANGIE MEADORS!! you are built like her...you are gorgeous.
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~