8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!  (Read 11210 times)

Offline Judy Geary

• Veteran Member
Re: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 08:34:24 AM »
 >:(  

Sad to say, the trailer theft, as bad as it is, is one of the least worries, it is all of the accumulated things inside being stolen is the kick in the pants, knowing Kayla I know she has YEARS of collected bits and other things that just can't be purchased anymore.

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 08:46:11 AM »
When my truck and trailer was stolen from Brenham it made it back to Houston before I did.

Some man bought the trailer pretty cheap from some guy. WHATEVER!! He should have known it was hot.

Anyway, Kayla I'm sure it will turn it up somewhere..... It probably in the greenspoint area!
Stefanie Medland

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 08:53:19 AM »
I pray you have it insured Kayla and with a better company than I had when they destoyed mine.
Insurance $$ can't replace your valuables but at least you can restock what you lost somewhat.

This is horrible.  News like this really hits close to home------I already looked out my window twice now
to make sure mine was there...and I called Mom and told her to keep her eye open as well.......

If you have a photo of this trailer......I will print out some flyers and put up on my bulletin board at my
race this weekend with your contact info and license plate number and description....
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 08:56:25 AM »
These freaking people !!! There is a bunch of worthless a$$ people in this world! The problem that I see with ever being able to catch someone with a trailer they stole is..well most trailers tend to look alike unless they have a big name or something unusual on it....All they have to do is change the plates real quick and chances are...unless a friend or someone that know's the trailer....You will never find it by just driving down the road looking for the plates..
I'm so sorry people have stole from you..
I know that they take cars and stuff across the border, but never heard of taking trailers???
I hope it is found soon !!!  I don't get out much,but my husband travels all over into San Antonio...Austin...all over for work..I will tell him to be looking as he is driving.
We had a 97 Elite 3 horse also..I sold last year when we had to move..OMG... I think that lady was close or by the Houston area.......Cant remeber..But she bought it for her son to take to his ropings and stuff.
I hope the trailer is found soon !!!!  I have never heard of so much stealing !! good grief !!

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 09:04:05 AM »
I just got off the phone with my husband and he said that he thought that they lady's name was Kayla that bought our old trailer..Anyone know if she has a son..He was a teenager ..welll had to be cause she bought the trailer for him I thought...cause it was smaller to pull.
Certainly not her or my old trailer.......WEIRD if it is !!!

Offline Shelley Millis

• Mega Member
  • Lindsey & Captain 2009 GCBRA Finals Grand Entry
    • www.starsbarrelandpolehorses.com
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2009, 09:06:05 AM »
I remember maybe 6 years ago that the Labay Family from the Bay City area had their 4 horse Elite stolen from their place.....their trailer was a real eye catcher!!!  It was at least a 12 ft LQ and RED SKIN with all of their names plastered all over it!!!!  They stole it anyway!
Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster hand; They go to the one who trusts in God and always thinks "I CAN"!

Offline brhorses

• Elite Member
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:54 AM »
Man this suxs!  So sorry girl!
I haven't even got to see it yet!  You have any leads yet?  I will tase them for you!!! 
Is it Friday yet???

Offline Jess00

• Elite Member
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2009, 09:39:08 AM »
Kayla, I'm so sorry!  I hope it is found quickly!

My mom works for Fosters in Hockley and they got hit again last night.  This is probably the 6th time they've been robbed in the 10 months she's worked there.

Offline Jess00

• Elite Member
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2009, 09:48:03 AM »
Kayla, I copied the info and sent it to my mom - she forwarded it to the guys (salesmen) on the off chance that someone tries to trade it in. 

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2009, 09:57:57 AM »
I can't anything that hasn't been said!  Thieves just tick me off!!!! 

I am so sorry this happened, I pray you find your trailer soon and with the stuff in it! 

I am always worried when I go to OKC for barrel races, they steal trailers every year there, but your own house!  Dang it!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »
omg that is terrible i am soooooo sorry...shelly texted me this morning about it...i will try to keep my eyes open here in Louisiana. is there anyway you can post a picture of it so we will know what it exactly looks like?

prayers you get your trailer and all your stuff back
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline doc o lena bar

• Mega Member
  • Know God No Fear
    • Oxygen
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:05 AM »
From what I've been hearing, as soon as they are stealing them, the people are headed south across the boarder and stipping them clean.  That just what our local police are telling me.  I've put my GN lock on mine even though I'm out in the middle of know where and you don't even know I'm out there, there is always that chance that someone could drive back through a locked gate.  It makes me mad that people think they need to steal someone elses stuff.

Amy---what do they do with them down there??  Do they try to recondition them and bring them back over for sale??  Or sell them down there??

Kayla---I sent you a text!

I haven't heard.  I think they are just stripping them and selling what is inside and then selling the shell.  What ever they can to make a buck. 

When I first went to work here at Brazos Telephone Coop. in 1996 we had a 5 ton flat bed truck with backhoe and trailer stolen right out of our yard south of town.  Right about 5:30pm just after everyone had gone home for the weekend.  My horse shoer lived about 2 miles down the road from our warehouse and saw the truck/trailer and backhoe go by and waved at them.  To this day, that truck and backhoe has never been found.  It went into hiding we guess for a few days or weeks, then hit the boarder. 

Offline themurphy6

• Elite Member
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2009, 10:11:46 AM »
Gee Kayla, so sorry to hear this, especially since you just had your LQ put in and were set to go.

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2009, 10:26:49 AM »
To make it a little harder for someone to just pull off with your trailer from home. If you have an extra vehicle, park that in front of the hitch. That way they can't just back up to it, and off they go.

I think there should be some way/feature added to trailers that actually locks the axels. That way if they hook onto it the wheels won't roll.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline flyinglow

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2009, 10:31:07 AM »
Dont jump on the band wagon so quick regarding the border,  more than likely it will just move one town over and be resold quickly, by someone who needed a quick fix.  So keep an eye for it, locally,  Kayla post a picture if you have one.. We will all be giving 3 horse alum trailers an eyeball.
A woman who wishes to be equal to a man, lacks ambition