8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!  (Read 11213 times)

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
Re: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!
« Reply #30 on: April 03, 2009, 10:35:42 AM »
You are so right on that flyinglow! My truck and trailer was stolen in Brenham and found probably 20 miles down the road from where I live!
Stefanie Medland

Offline Stacieleighmay

• Fossil
  • Me and my roomie Jenni
« Reply #31 on: April 03, 2009, 10:37:55 AM »
So sorry to hear that Kayla, that sucks!  Thieves make me so mad!! 
My faith is the evidence of things unseen.
The fear of loss is a path to the dark side.
We ride never worry about the fall...I guess that's just the Cowboy in us all...

Offline BJean

« Reply #32 on: April 03, 2009, 10:38:50 AM »
This is more than terrible.

How many of us has a barn full of horses, with no saddles, no bridles, no buckets, no blankets, no brushes, nothing, and no transportation to take one to the vet.

Everyone clean out their tack room and save anything you may don't think you need anymore and save if for Kayla,  She has nothing...

Offline mandilou

• Elite Member
  • God Is Great...All The Time
« Reply #33 on: April 03, 2009, 10:48:02 AM »
So sorry to hear this Kayla.  I hope everything works out, I hope they find the punks that took it!
If you think you can or think you can't...either way you're right.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would have not a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me."

Maci LeeAnn Walters - August 20, 2007.  I am BLESSED!

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #34 on: April 03, 2009, 11:40:43 AM »
THATS JUST WRONG  i feel so bad for her, she was so happy about getting the LQ fixed up..geeesh.. DAM IDIOTS!!

Kayla i have saddles i've won that i cant ride you are more than welcome to and anything else i have.. OH I WANT TO KICK SOMEONE RIGHT NOW
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #35 on: April 03, 2009, 11:48:49 AM »
That is why i have my trailer and contents insured!!! I can atleast go to the store and buy 1 saddle, pad, bit and a brush!

Since my stuff got stolen I only keep what i need in the trailer.
Stefanie Medland

Offline Deedoe

• Mega Member
« Reply #36 on: April 03, 2009, 11:51:32 AM »
I am so sorry this happened to you...
I hope you find your trailer in one piece!
*****the hardest part of riding....is the ground!!*****

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
« Reply #37 on: April 03, 2009, 01:05:44 PM »
Kayla - We're headed NE and I'll keep my eyes open for you too.  This just makes my blood boil!!   >:(   

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #38 on: April 03, 2009, 01:11:05 PM »
Thanks guys for all the calls and support.. Judy said it best there were bits and stuff I can never replace.. a quilt my mom hand sewed was on the bed in the trailer.. I do have insurance and good insurance but it will be 3-4 weeks before they call it a total loss... My homeowners will have to pay for saddles and so forth... I have already talked to Stacey at Shiloh Saddles.. he has one he is going to send me next week to try.. and has one in production he will put my name on so that will help a little..  I just hope the rat bastards that took it were pulling it with a half ton truck and it breaks a spring or guts thier transmission!!!!!!!!!!!!  I have a ad for a horse on "the other web site" I hadnt gotten him listed on here yet.. one of the pictures of him has the trailer in the back ground.. I will dig and see it I have more...

I is a older Elite with black pin strips.. the black is covering red pin strips so it is noticable in a couple of spots.. has a hay rack on top also.. has Gulf Coast 4 Star logos where I bought it (probly gone by now)

Needless to say this is heartbreaking!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #39 on: April 03, 2009, 01:21:35 PM »
no wonder Stacy's line was busy!!! i was trying to call him!!!  LOL

Kayla thats unimaginable..i know your devestated..i would be..i just think about all the work u had done to it but most of all the quilt..im so sorry.. can u tell us how it happened..i mean where it was and when did it happen?
can't wait till May!!!

Offline canchasin Cindy

• Mega Member
  • Ride hard and believe in yourself.
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2009, 01:57:32 PM »
Kayla, so sorry this happened to you.  Prayers your trailer and the contents are returned to you... soon. 
this economy is driving more people to stealing.  We work so hard to get the things we have and it only seems to take a moment for some &*&*&*& jerk to take what doesn't belong to them.
I'm way up in NY state and will keep my eyes open.  guess ya never know.

isn't there someway an email could be distributed to all the trailer sales people about stolen trailers!  ya know, like the messages police and sheriff's departs get through there NCIC machines.
"life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "Holy @#!%, what a ride!" Mavis Leyrer age 83

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2009, 04:49:25 PM »
Bump!!  Everybody keep your eyes open!!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline cowgirldiva

• Mega Member
« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2009, 05:03:30 PM »
The thing is...when they come your property...and God knows how long they be watching you...It just makes you sick to your stomach!!!....Not to long after Max was stolen....I went out, to check on a noise i heard....I came inside was screaming....because i thought i seen Max hanging in a tree...my husband told me ....this is making you crazy...this what these people have done to me.   
Max is home...with is girl Kaitlynn.

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2009, 05:03:44 PM »
Ok now that life totally SUCKS... I live in Galveston County about half way between Houston and Galveston.. The barn is about 2 miles off I-45 (easy access) and sits  a big block off a busy, busy FM road... I got to the barn late last night (had a hair appointment) so around 8 or so it was there.. When I went to feed this morning at 6am my appy Kansas was standing in the road... Knew there was a problem but.... anyway turned in and my head lights should have hit my trailer... nope.. gone.. THANK GOD no one hit Kansas on the road that time of the morning.. all I would have needed is someone to get killed becuase some jerk took my trailer and left the gate open........... and none of the other horses were touched.. The barn was just like I left it.. That road is busy in the early morn and the officer said no one had reported a loose horse...so they must have just left.. the mud puddle in the drive way had tracks where they had pulled through it..  The more I think about what all was INSIDE the trailer the sicker I get.. putting a price on EVERYTHING horse related you own.... had bottles of meds in the trailer.. All the leg protection, bell boots, polos, Kermits wonder paint for feet, saddle pads, winter blankets, summer sheets (brand new of course) Show halter, lunge lines, whip, that is just in the manger...    State Farm treated me VERY well when I totalled my truck in 06' lets pray they treat me well enough to at least replace the trailer if its not found.... I DO NOT want a brand new one, just one like I had....

OH.... and I looked at what was left of the lock they cut off the coupler on the nose... there are saw marks on it.. and looks like someone had to work at it for a good while.. bet they left someone there to do that and then came back...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 05:05:57 PM by josies jockey »
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2009, 06:46:47 PM »
Kayla, sorry to hear about your trailer.  I hope you can find it before it's too late.
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."