8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!  (Read 11212 times)

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
Re: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2009, 07:27:14 PM »
Well.... Randa loaned me a saddle to ride and Kathy got pads, boots and stuff together today for me.. Now where in the world can I find a Loomis Gag with a twisted wire/dog bone mouth piece??  Been searching the websites and found a trailer that I kinda liked...mmmmmmmmmmmmm   and found one in San Antonio that is purt near like my trailer with a little bigger LQ... priced very right.... but someone went to the bank on Friday to see about financing.... Hope his credit sucks.............  lol   I know when one door SLAMS shut another will open... but dang it!!!!!!!!!!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2009, 10:15:55 PM »
well prayers too you that you do find something else. did those serveillance tapes help?

that was sooo sweet some ladies got some tack together for you. if i was closer i would send ya some tack too...
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2009, 10:35:37 PM »
well prayers too you that you do find something else. did those serveillance tapes help?

that was sooo sweet some ladies got some tack together for you. if i was closer i would send ya some tack too...

The officer on my case is off work until Tues (imagine that?) I dropped the tapes off yesterday and asked if they were able to finger print the lock? And did they get anything?  The dispatcher didn't know.. I'm afraid the only way the law will find my trailer is if its blocking the entrance to a Dunkin Donuts! If the officer asked my once he asked 5 times "What color is the trailer?"  ALUMINUM?  SILVER?   With BLACK pinstripes??  Knew I was in trouble....... Chances of a civilian finding it are probably better!

Randa, Marilyn, Kathy, Cecile were sweet to let me raid their tack rooms looking for stuff that would work.. Randa did ask me was I going to take her saddle to the house?  lol  Yes, I have no place to leave it at the barn anymore...
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2009, 10:37:57 PM »
You are so right about the cops looking for it!!!! Where are you located?
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Woodys Mama

• Dinosaur!
  • Woody Rock'n & Roll'n
« Reply #64 on: April 05, 2009, 12:37:15 AM »
i just read the first page, I am sooooo sorry...DAM girl you have had a rough couple of years

We will be praying for you, and hopefully everything either will be recovered undamaged or your insurance will pay for something  even nicer!!

Live life like you were dying, let the people and animals CLOSE to you know you love them!!!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #65 on: April 05, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
i just read the first page, I am sooooo sorry...DAM girl you have had a rough couple of years

We will be praying for you, and hopefully everything either will be recovered undamaged or your insurance will pay for something  even nicer!!

I have been looking and can't find anything AS NICE... thats not brand new and cost WAY more than I'm gonna spend.. aint going into dept because some idiots ruined my life this week!!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #66 on: April 05, 2009, 09:21:15 PM »
JJ- that just sucks............. >:( >:(
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2009, 10:44:35 PM »

The officer on my case is off work until Tues (imagine that?) I dropped the tapes off yesterday and asked if they were able to finger print the lock? And did they get anything?  The dispatcher didn't know.. I'm afraid the only way the law will find my trailer is if its blocking the entrance to a Dunkin Donuts! If the officer asked my once he asked 5 times "What color is the trailer?"  ALUMINUM?  SILVER?   With BLACK pinstripes??  Knew I was in trouble....... Chances of a civilian finding it are probably better!

Randa, Marilyn, Kathy, Cecile were sweet to let me raid their tack rooms looking for stuff that would work.. Randa did ask me was I going to take her saddle to the house?  lol  Yes, I have no place to leave it at the barn anymore...

i completely understand...

years ago i was working at a grocery store and it was around 9:30pm and i was checking out a customer and two armed guys came in demanding money. one guy came to me and the other guy went to my supervisor. they were all decked out from head to toe with sky mask on. well the guy that came my way his gun went off and the bullet braised my left arm. well it scared them and they took off. well the cops came and when they interviewed me the cop asked me "MAM WHAT KINDA GUN DID THEY HAVE?" i the one that held me up had a black gun and the other guy had a silver gun...He!! i didn't know and from this day i still don't know just knew the color of them. and all i knew too was i almost could have gotten shot bad.

sorry JJ your cop story about Duncan Donuts reminded me of my situation back then.
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #68 on: April 06, 2009, 07:40:01 AM »
"What kind of gun did they have?"  That is when my smart azz would have surfaced... Duh....  The kind that shootsBULLETS?  You know the kind that KILLS people??

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #69 on: April 06, 2009, 07:44:25 AM »
Kayla sorry I missed your call this weekend.......I can't believe these idiots in this world today.....but something good will come of this.....not sure yet what it will be but it will.....let me know if you need anything......
Oh I have a Josey bit that's a gag with the dog bone if you don't find the Loomis.....

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #70 on: April 06, 2009, 07:52:32 AM »
Kayla sorry I missed your call this weekend.......I can't believe these idiots in this world today.....but something good will come of this.....not sure yet what it will be but it will.....let me know if you need anything......
Oh I have a Josey bit that's a gag with the dog bone if you don't find the Loomis.....

Is it a draw bit or a shanked gag?? Did you get pics of the new baby???  Needless to say I wont be in Gonzales this weekend unless a miracle happens....

Offline memphis

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #71 on: April 06, 2009, 09:34:08 AM »
Kayla it's a shanked not a draw.......yes I got alot of pictures when I made that turn around trip on Tues and more pictures and video this weekend.....pictures are large and I'm trying to figure out at work how to reduce them so I can put them on here.....

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #72 on: April 06, 2009, 10:37:30 AM »
You've probably already done this, but put the word out at the horse sales. Especially the one in Magnolia. So if they get any tack in that matches the discription maybe you'd have a chance of gettin it back, and also of catchin the idiots that stole your trailer.

We were in and out of the Anderson Trek trail ride this weekend, while there, I kept my eye peeled for a trailer like yours. Didn't see anything tho. But I was lookin!!!
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline doc o lena bar

• Mega Member
  • Know God No Fear
    • Oxygen
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2009, 11:26:37 AM »
JJ, I think I found a couple of places that might have the bit you are looking for.  I have a Loomis Draw, but it is just a twisted broken two piece.  Thought I could help you out.  So I did a search and found this.

http://www.bitsnmore.com/images/catalog/376.jpg

and another side where you and build your bit.
http://www.floridabarrelhorses.com/Cart_browse.asp?cat=13&path=19,13

I will keep digging to see what I can find to help you out.  I bet i'm too far north for you trailer to come rolling through here.  But I'll keep my eyes open for you.

found another site that carries draw bits.
Is this it? http://www.thetackstop.com/bitr372.htm

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
« Reply #74 on: April 06, 2009, 12:35:33 PM »
I am so sorry to hear this Kayla, wow what an awful surprise to find.  Please if there is anything we can do please let us know.  Prayers headed your way...I just can't believe this.
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org