8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!  (Read 11211 times)

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Kayla Langford's trailer was stolen!
« Reply #75 on: April 06, 2009, 01:11:13 PM »
Kayla - I have the same lock on my tack door you had on your gooseneck coupler.  For grins, it took less than 30 seconds with a 12v Sawzall for me - and I ani't no pro with one.  The cut wasn't real clean looked like a beaver gnawed it but it was fast.  Now dang it I have to buy another lock....lol  But there you have it - the locks are easy to cut...
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline myvwranch

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2009, 03:06:40 PM »
that really stinks!!!!!!! my very good friend owns the magnolia sale barn with her husband, so i will forward this thread to her.. but it is a good idea to make a list of the tack and forward it to their website, they sell lots of saddles and tack every sat night and can be on the lookout for your stuff....if you need the name or email, let me know. hope you get everything back... we had a friend who had 4 horses and 3 saddles stolen, and he got the horses back, they were at a sale barn by the border... good luck for a quick return of your trailer and tack...
I hope You Dance

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2009, 04:41:58 PM »
that really stinks!!!!!!! my very good friend owns the magnolia sale barn with her husband, so i will forward this thread to her.. but it is a good idea to make a list of the tack and forward it to their website, they sell lots of saddles and tack every sat night and can be on the lookout for your stuff....if you need the name or email, let me know. hope you get everything back... we had a friend who had 4 horses and 3 saddles stolen, and he got the horses back, they were at a sale barn by the border... good luck for a quick return of your trailer and tack...

I spoke to Alan early on saturday and gave him a guick list of stuff.. He has seen how stuffed my trailer was!!  Had another friend at Huffman and talked to the people at Elkhart.. I bet either my stuff is right around the corner from my house or its way, way out of this area...
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline citygonecountry

• Dinosaur!
  • My Furry Family!!
« Reply #78 on: April 06, 2009, 04:57:22 PM »

I spoke to Alan early on saturday and gave him a guick list of stuff.. He has seen how stuffed my trailer was!!  Had another friend at Huffman and talked to the people at Elkhart.. I bet either my stuff is right around the corner from my house or its way, way out of this area...

I know that has to be a sickening feeling...so sorry you are going through this.
"Dear Lord, Please Help Me to Be the Kind of Person My Dog Thinks I Am!"
"Whenever we have the opportunity, we should do good to everyone..." Gal. 6:10a

stbra.org

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #79 on: April 06, 2009, 05:33:20 PM »
Talked to State Farm today and feel a little better... (if that's possible)  My homeowners will cover ALL of the contents... they just need receipts.....  ?? Who in the world keeps receipts for stuff you buy at barrel races, sale barns, garage sales?  If your at a jackpot and find a saddle or something else.. most people just pull cash out of their pocket and pay for it.. Who's gonna take a check on someone you've never seen before?? But they said credit card, cancelled checks even duplicate receipts will be fine... Now to just sit down and remember everyone I bought a bit, pad, bucket, brush, comb, flyspray, haybag, over-n-under, curb chain, reins, lunge line, whip, bucket strap, box fan, tie strap, hoof pick, conditioner, shampoo from... should be a piece of cake!!

Spoke to the nice folks at the conversion place and she was gathering all the receipts for the conversion (my agent lost the one I left at the office) and the extras and is faxing them to the adjuster directly... so if my trailer isn't located they will have all the documents and can move forward with an offer...  the good thing is the add on's were within the last 4 months so should not have any depreciation...
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline CHANCEYSMOM

• Elite Member
« Reply #80 on: April 06, 2009, 10:16:18 PM »
If you have pictures of the tack area or any pictures of the inside it is proof you have all the stuff and they will pay you a deprecation price and pay the difference when you replace stuff. They are good about working with you. Have the adjustor's sent you inventory sheets to fill out? They know that people do not keep receipts and as long as you are trying to fine the one's you can they will work with you on the rest.   Ask your agent for a home owners inventory booklet they are free and as you start to rebuild your stuff write it down and take lot of photos and keep in safe place it will help the insurance company if anything is ever stolen again. State farm has a Personal Articles policy that you can put your tack on that is not very expensive and is well worth the money. Did they tell you is the homeowners would pay on the 10% off premise or how they were paying?  Listen to me you would think I work for State Farm........(Oh I do) let me know if I can help. I will be out of touch tomorrow as husband is have surgery to remove his cancer.   
Good People and Best Friends are found on ebarrel horse.

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #81 on: April 06, 2009, 11:08:57 PM »
Chaney hope everything turns out well with your husband... they have already sent the forms...... I was at the barn tonight waiting on a tractor to spread sand and was writing down a list of the bits I KNEW were inside.. and starting crying all over.......  I have some pics of my old trailer with the contents inside and believe it or not have found several reciepts from the last couple of years...  Got the saddle maker to send me a reciept for the saddles I bought from him.. (the adjuster said duplicate reciepts were fine) anything over $150 they wanted a papertrail if I could.. State Farm took EXCELLANT care of me when I totalled a truck in 06' and were very quick to pay off from the hurricane damage... Just wished I had taken pictures of the tack/mangers when they were full........ who'd a thunk it?  The adjuster asked me today if I had any pictures of the saddles... you know on a horse?.... I said yes but with my fat azz covering most of the saddle you really couldnt see it very well... (think he fell out of his chair)

Offline candystarbarrels

• Mega Member
  • With God ALL things are possible!
« Reply #82 on: April 06, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »
lol, glad to see you still have your sense of humor. Prayers for you that everything turns out better than it was before!!!
As long as you can't imagine it, as long as you can't see it, then it is not going to happen for you!

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2009, 11:22:36 PM »
more prayers headed your way... we have state farms too and love them. they were good to my hubby when he got in his bad wreck last August.
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline Donk

• Fossil
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2009, 08:37:12 AM »
JJ sent you a pm
Capps Cowboy Leatherwerx     Saddle & Tack Repair     Custom Items Built

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #85 on: April 08, 2009, 07:48:48 AM »
Thanks to everyone who has forwarded emails all over!!  I'm getting emails from people who have noticed a diffrent trailer parked in their areas.... so for it hasnt been mine.. BUT YA NEVER KNOW!!!  Had a lady call me who owned a pawn shop in south Tx.. she had 2 saddles in there and one was a NBHA Senior 2007 saddle... at least folks are WATCHING!!!

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2009, 04:31:49 PM »
yeah that is cool you have people looking out for ya...more prayers for ya.
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2009, 06:17:06 PM »
Hey, Kayla was it a state senior saddle or just a district type saddle. Might want to check around if ST and make sure the 2007 winner isn't missing a stolen saddle as well.

I was sure hoping you'd have heard something positive by now.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2009, 06:24:09 PM »
Hey, Kayla was it a state senior saddle or just a district type saddle. Might want to check around if ST and make sure the 2007 winner isn't missing a stolen saddle as well.

I was sure hoping you'd have heard something positive by now.

I asked the lady what district is was  (local district) and send the director an email... just in case!!

I went to borrow a trailer last night to go to the horseshoer today.. while I was leaving I saw a BRAND NEW 1 horse aluminum  P&P trailer.. didn't think a lot about it but followed it and noticed no tags... paper or real... hmmm?  got up beside the truck... OLD Ford ..POS with paper tags....HMMMM???  stood out like a sore thumb...so I called the mom of the man who owns P&P... he said it was someone who worked for them moving the trailer... I WAS ON THE HUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2009, 06:27:57 PM »
i don't blame you i would be too....
SWEET THING