8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Slimmer in the Saddle Challenge Champion Announcement page 46!!!  (Read 36832 times)

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Oh man!  I just ate an entire broccoli "tree" (as my little girl calls them) trying to stay out of the snacks.  Help!  I think I'm gunna 'splode!!!
Glad I'm not gonna be anywhere around your house this evening!!
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
I think the yolks has something to do with cholesterol.
Egg yolks is where all the fat and saturated fat comes from.  Saturated fat is where the bad cholesterol is.
You can go and worry about the competition, and worry whether your horse will work, or whether you've selected the right bridle.  But if you've done your homework, you should be able to go out and just enjoy your ride.---The late cutting horse trainer Greg Ward of Tulare, California.

Offline KMc

• Mega Member
How is the no smoking going?
"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain."

Mona • Vie Distributor

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
Not so well.  But everyday is a new day and another day to keep trying.  I'm down to only 4-5 cigs a day. 

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
Alright so it seems that a few of us might need a little bit of inspiration in this our first month of competition!

One might say you need some incentive to succeed . . .

HERE YOU GO!!!

Based on the PM's I have (I don't have checks for everyone yet)
Our monthly incentive pot is up to
$75
That's the same amount as our first challenge all together!
$75 bucks will buy you something nice ladies . . .

BUT!!  You won't have to buy it for yourself since the winner of this month's incentive challenge will also recieve THIS!!

CrystaCaballo.com custom creation.
This handmade Turquoise chunk, and bead necklace is valued at $35
It will come complete with the cowhide and crystal pendant you see here, which is magnetic and can be used on other necklaces!!
Winner will be able to select from any item valued at $35 or less on the www.crystalcaballo.com website.

So with a necklace valued at $35 . . . and $75 cash . . . we are talking about
$110 worth of incentive!!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2009, 12:49:31 PM by PunkinNMe »
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
Hey V - What day is your WW meeting?  How's it going?  I'm very pleased.  Week 1 yielded 2.2 lbs.  I really could've done better from an eating perspective, but I'm really pleased so far.  I wasn't sure how well I'd do this time since there's really no true "core" plan anymore.  Tracking is actually good for me since I have portion control issues, I just didn't want to do it.  I hope things are going as well for you! 

LWest - Congrats!  You've worked hard and are seeing significant results!

ShelleyCircles - No, I'm not going to forget your stripper name.  Hang in there girlie!  I promise, it's SO worth every nail-biting moment to get the nicotine out of your system.  You'll be so glad you did it. 

Offline gobabygo

• Fossil
  • ebarrelracing.com rocks
Oh lord...

I have more motivation today.  I managed to get Maverick where he was wanting to take off into the barrel pattern at his own clip to the first barrel and then pushing him on... I'm going to have to get in better shape or he is SOOON going to leave me sitting at that barrel.  I have never had a horse leave harder than he does.

I gotta get lighter and quicker on my reflexes.  Woof he's quick, fast and powerful!
Are you sure lighter will be better?! LOL! He might really leave you at the barrel if you way less!! Haha!

Offline Gena Brent

• Elite Member
  • Chasin my tail!
Jewelery and cash??!! ROCK ON!!! 

PS - I'm also promising myself a pair of new shoes.  Gotta go to the store for more broccoli!!

Offline PunkinNMe

• Custom tack, Hand-painted belts, Jewelry and More . . . CrystalCaballo.com
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • CrystalCaballo.com
    • CrystalCaballo.com
I don't actually go to meetings.  I just do the online plan, and it works realy well for me.
Since I started it I have lost a grand total of like 3 lbs . . . but that was all lost in the first two weeks . . .
I kinda fell off for the 2 weeks or so after that.
But I've maintained that loss for the start of this challenge and feel like I am doing well so far!

3lbs per week is my goal! Whic is not too far fetched on the plan to be honest.
I haven't been reaching my activity goals yet . . . but now that I've seen we are up to $75 for the month I am really gonna get on the ball with this thing!
Some people come into the world and stay for a long time. Others are so powerful that do not have to stay long to change someones life.

Offline Farel

• DOUBLE BLESSED
  • Fossil
  • Peppys Sashay Beau
so this morning i had special k cereal (w/2% milk, i haven't been to the store to get a different kinda milk i think i am going to go down to 1%) then my mom made some deviled eggs so i ate two and half MacKenzy ate the other half. then for lunch i ate a special K meal bar and drank some water. that meal bar held up pretty good. now it is about time i eat a snack bar. i don't know what my goal will be weekly i will just have to play it by ear.
R.I.P BELLE (JULY 1994/OCTOBER 20,2008)
SWEET THING

I was one of the winners for the FINISH LINE HORSE PRODUCT $500 drawing for March 2008

Offline threewishes

• Dinosaur!
  • GOD IS GREAT-BEER IS GOOD-& PEOPLE ARE CRAZY
punkin sent you a pm before the challenge, did you not get it????????
CowGirls don't Cry
Ride Baby Ride!

Offline turnincircles

• Dinosaur!
Hey V - What day is your WW meeting?  How's it going?  I'm very pleased.  Week 1 yielded 2.2 lbs.  I really could've done better from an eating perspective, but I'm really pleased so far.  I wasn't sure how well I'd do this time since there's really no true "core" plan anymore.  Tracking is actually good for me since I have portion control issues, I just didn't want to do it.  I hope things are going as well for you! 

LWest - Congrats!  You've worked hard and are seeing significant results!

ShelleyCircles - No, I'm not going to forget your stripper name.  Hang in there girlie!  I promise, it's SO worth every nail-biting moment to get the nicotine out of your system.  You'll be so glad you did it. 
I'm still working at it.  So far today I've only had 2. 

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
Oh lord...

I have more motivation today.  I managed to get Maverick where he was wanting to take off into the barrel pattern at his own clip to the first barrel and then pushing him on... I'm going to have to get in better shape or he is SOOON going to leave me sitting at that barrel.  I have never had a horse leave harder than he does.

I gotta get lighter and quicker on my reflexes.  Woof he's quick, fast and powerful!
Are you sure lighter will be better?! LOL! He might really leave you at the barrel if you way less!! Haha!

I've gotta do something though.  Seriously... First off I was riding my old Billy Cook that does not keep this fat booty in the seat anymore.  My rough out is too slick.  But that's what James insists on riding and he warmed him up.  So...

When he left the first he threw me back behind the saddle and then forward so hard I hit myself in areas that we will not discuss on a public board.  But needless to say, I just held the heck on for the rest of the pattern for that time.  He's getting better at realizing that it's fun to run them.  And I'm not really having to kick much.  Just smooch.  He's got an accelerator that's awesome!

As soon as I get home I'm running on the treadmill for 10 minutes.  I think that's an honest small goal.  Then laying in the tanning bed... Then I gotta go get on Sable.  She was better yesterday.

Intake today has been down so far.  But I have to get treats for the kiddos tomorrow for their review.  So... Might not be such a good thing.
~Brooksie

Offline Brooksie

• Mega Member
  • SEARK Cowgirl
I'm addicted to starches too.  I end up consuming them without realizing it. 

mycaloriecounter is telling me a LOT about my eating habits, but I did manage to stay at 2000 calories yesterday.  I'd hate to know how many cals I was consuming before I started using it.

Brooksie where did you say you were keeping up with your calories?

my-calorie-counter.com

Very accurate on the things that are there and it tells you carbs, starchs, protein, sugars, sodium, calories and all that.  Plus it has a water intake for you, a journal, charts to help you see your progress and activities to enter so that you can subtract from your total!
~Brooksie

Offline runningonwings

• Mega Member
wow, the prizes are great, I only have 3 pounds to get rid of. Can't join your challenge, but my hat is off to each and everyone. You are going to feel wonderful.