News > Bits

Difference in O rings and Dee Rings

(1/2) > >>

Brooksie:
Besides the obvious... What's the difference to the horse or rider?  Anything? 

I have a twisted O-ring I'd like to try on Maverick... Waiting on some bit guards to come in... I've been told to use those with O-rings. 

He responds really well in a plain dee, but when he gets excited he can run through it and then I really have to haul to pull him in a circle to stop him.  Laura?  Anyone?  What would you suggest for this situation?  I don't want to slow him down, but I don't want a runaway because there are a lot of little kids at the local shows I'm seasoning him at.

lauraSchumann:
Brooksie....
I will search for the pic of the bit of which way I'd go.....I don't believe you will get that much more control
with the regular oring....alittle more bite, but I don't think its the way you should go at this point.

I will post it....look for the pic tonight! :)  I would like you to introduce a light shanked bit to him, in order to
be able to set his rear in the ground for your safety and others, plus it will help you right now I think in the arena.

LS

Brooksie:
Thank you so much Laura!

lauraSchumann:
Ok...girl....here's where I usually go after the Oring....I use this l & w #178 bit.....with the number 9 mouthpiece.
The reason I go with the number 9 mouthpiece is its copper and makes their mouth sweat and so its going to be sweeter
for them and you don't have to pull the bit up so high in their mouth while you are trying to work on teaching "shanked"
bit use to them.....I haven't had anything get scared of this bit....and usually they take straight to it.

here's the pics so you can see:

lauraSchumann:
mouthpieces.....i go with number 9.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version