8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: BARREL RACING ON THE BAHN!!! JUNE 20-21, 2009  (Read 8358 times)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: BARREL RACING ON THE BAHN!!! JUNE 20-21, 2009
« Reply #105 on: June 24, 2009, 08:26:09 AM »
I got to agree with cait about the river guys--only a couple of spots. For the most part we all were floating. In some spots there was no way I could touch bottom out there. I tried!! And I hate where I can't touch. I kept jumping in and out of my tube swimming around in the river when I couldn't touch bottom as a good cooling off! Dang it got hot!! Fun! But hot!! Just about everyone got out of their tubes and swam some 'cept rebecca, melanie, and jess I think. I don't know how they stayed in them all day!! I could not have been trapped by the tube all day like that and not moved. The innertubes got so darn hot (that's probably when our skin was frying too--lol), I was franically throwing water on top of the rubber a few times there just to cool it down. The water tho---ummmmm PERFECT!!! Not too cold!! Just right. Man couldn't have been better. ;)
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #106 on: June 24, 2009, 09:56:27 AM »
I agree Laura it was awesome. The water really felt good but it was just so relaxing in the tube that I just didn't want to get out. Especially when I figured out that I could use the ice chest tube to relax my head on, that just made it perfect. I don't know how well the pictures will show how I look like a lobster now but I definately feel like someone dropped me in a hot pot of water and boiled me. I asked Shannon to go get some of the ICE that Mel recommended but she just came home with some Aloe Gel so I used it but still hurting this morning and the blisters are starting to come up. Next time I will be in the river swimming like Laura and hopefully won't get burned so bad! That was way too funny with Laura trying to stand in the tube! With my balance I would of never made into the squatting position much less the standing position.

Offline The Kid Two Watch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #107 on: June 24, 2009, 10:10:14 AM »
We had a blast too!!!! The kids are still yammering about it!!! Tuffy wants to rig up a rope swing in our creek!!! I can't convince him that it is not quite deep enough!!!LOL   It was a little tricky getting the boat over the last part under the bridge...couldn't have gotten it done without April's help!!!!! You should have seen us trying to get that dang boat accross there...without dumping the kids, icechest and all the stuff we had down the river...it was slippery!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #108 on: June 24, 2009, 01:04:34 PM »
All I can say is this---arg!!! My highschool boy that works around the barn alittle--on the day that I'm hauling hay which is today--is floating down the guadalupe!! So he's not here and I'm doing all this by myself. Man I wish I could trade spots with him today. :) Blake is a good kid--hope he has the fun we had and doesn't get the burn either.

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #109 on: June 24, 2009, 01:07:45 PM »
after shannon and apryl heal from their sunburns, we should go down and check at the comal!!!!! ooooh that would be fun!
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2009, 02:32:16 PM »
Oh that would be a blast and I bet that they will definitely lather up with sun screen!  It was too funny! Shannon came up here to my work at lunch to give me my credit card and I was asking her if only her legs hurt and she lifted her shirt and she has a sunburn from her boobs to the middle of her stomach and then a white streak and then sunburn below that. she said it was from leaning over all the time so where her belly roll was didn't get any sun. I told her that was going to look wonderful at dance tryouts on Saturday at Tarleton since she has to where a sports bra to try out in! Only shannon!!!

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2009, 05:50:46 PM »
LOL hahaha... that's what she told me the other night... "im gonna look hot with a sunburn on saturday at tryouts" haha she will be fine. everyone gets sunburnt sometime in their lives!!!!
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline mchoss

• Queen of the Cookies
  • Posse Member
  • Mega Member
  • Massage: It does a body good!
« Reply #112 on: June 24, 2009, 06:20:43 PM »
I wonder if tan in a can will help?
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says....

'Oh $@^*....she's awake!!!'

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #113 on: June 24, 2009, 07:29:55 PM »
LOL then she will be ORANGE and RED hahaha
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline Dakota

• The Beep Beep Kid!
« Reply #114 on: June 25, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
Hey guys it Mindy. Just wanted to pop in and say hi Dakota and I had a blast this weekend. OHMYGOODNESS lets not discuss sunburns. I NEVER sunburn and believe me I got one over the weekend. I was ssssoooo hurting on Monday, I have blisters on my legs the size of pennies. FINALLY was able to put jeans on yesterday. but they were the pair from before I lost all my weight and they were extreamly baggy.and I walk like a 200 year old lady couldnt bend my legs. Lets not discuss riding a horse cause it wasnt gonna happen. I am feeling alot better now and actually am gonna ride today.. Yes I do got some pictures of EVERYONE in the arena at the clinic and I will be sending my memory card out of my camera to LAura and she can post the pictures for me they turned out great. Especially the one of April and sky. It looks like she is wearing one of those reall frilly hair bows in her hair cause of the angle there is a chair folded up on the ground in the background and it looks so neat. and Yes I have a few really good ones of the paint horse and a good action shot too.

Oh Cait, Dakota says that a tan in a can make people look like an oompah loompah all orange and red. Yes you can have my permission to drown him next time you all are all together. humm I might even help out on that one. lol. 
Well everyone I had a really good time and cant wait to see everyone again. We will definaltely be at wbr in september so see ya then if not sooner. take care and talk to you all later. MJ
BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP  THE CAR GOES BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!!

Offline Dakota

• The Beep Beep Kid!
« Reply #115 on: June 25, 2009, 09:30:26 AM »
its dakota. the comal is a fun one to float. there is no butt draging spots :o. we will all have to get together and float the comal.
BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP  THE CAR GOES BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #116 on: June 25, 2009, 10:58:59 AM »
The only butt dragging I "truly" saw was everyone leaving the arena saturday night. Lol!!!