8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: BARREL RACING ON THE BAHN!!! JUNE 20-21, 2009  (Read 8354 times)

Offline Rafter D Horses

• Mega Member
  • Janie (Fishers Dash X Passem Up mare)
Re: BARREL RACING ON THE BAHN!!! JUNE 20-21, 2009
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 05:29:36 PM »
Hi All Hope all has a good weekend planned and hope everyone stays safe. The count down is on for the Clinic 21 days and counting. Cant wait to see everyone. I wonder what Laura Lou has up her sleeve for the weekend. Sound interesting. And the river is BEAUTIFUL and floating it is gonna be a blast. Barrel racing and hotdogs on Saturday and floating the river Sunday. Gonna be fun. See ya there!
Who ever said anything is possible...never tried to slam a revolving door....

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2009, 11:28:44 PM »
i don't know about ya'll, but i'm ready to go floatin down the river (be ready to see some WHIIITE legs), and ride miss tadpole!!!!!!!! ...... i think? i don't know if i'm allowed to get in the way???? :( LOL jk jk mom! SO EXCITED TO LEARN SOMETHING NEW!... yeah i admitted it mom.. i DON'T know everything...
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2009, 10:06:41 AM »
Well you are definitely going to be seeing white legs here so I suggest everyone have the darkest shades you can find so that you don't get blinded!

Laura, you need to print this out and frame it cause if I ever heard Shannon say, much less put it in print!!!, that she didn't know everything, I would propably faint from it!

Offline causinchaos05

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »
Well I dont have the money to ride in the clinic BUT I will come and see you guys. Lee and I might join ya'll on the river. We live 15 minutes from NB.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2009, 10:49:56 PM »
Wow! The registration forms poured in today! Guess everyone waits til the last moment like I do. But if you have an idea that you do want to attend and haven't sent in your registration form--please send it in and make sure you contact the office as I am taking late registration right now as we are past the cut off date. I use this date to be able to place my shirt and river ticket orders and its important that if there is the slightest possibility you think you might want to come--let me know so a correct order can be placed. :)
Also if you plan on coming with the group/you will need addtl passes for sunday--please let me know asap. I am arranging a shuttle service for pickup and you must have a ticket for all folks in our group to head out with us.  I will be going to new braunfels again to finalize the river tickets next week. We have a great weekend planned and I spoke to Steve Davis (the reinsman) and he is thinking of coming and bringing his guitar with him if he comes--so alittle good homespun music may be possible!!

Remember to give me a hollar if you need anything or have any questions. Refer back to page one of this post to see if your answer is there and if not--call!
See yall in New Braunfels!!! :)

LauraLoo!!
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2009, 04:04:16 PM »
That weekend will be lots of fun.  I would be skeered of the water............I'm a wuss............

If you are looking for help with your barrel racing career, and want to have a great fun filled weekend, this is the place to be.  Laura has done so many wonderful things for me.  She can help you with your horse, as well as help you as a barrel racer with attitude, confidence, it doesn't matter.  If you have not attended at least one of her clinics, YOU NEED TO.  You will not be DISAPPOINTED by no means.  She is a great teacher in the sport of barrel racing.  :)
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2009, 08:25:44 PM »
Miss Laura Loo me thinking I may take you up on the offer to 'float da river'   I may drive down that morning and come play with ya'll on the river......... maybe I can pick up a hitch hiker to keep me company on the way....
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2009, 10:39:22 PM »
Hitchiker!!  Who are you planning on kidnapping on the way? 

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2009, 10:49:57 PM »
Yea!! Please come float the river JJ!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2009, 10:55:43 PM »
Are there still spots available for the clinic or is it full?

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2009, 08:41:07 AM »
We still have some spots open betsy! So far we are at about 15 students, but the number of folks coming with them is nearly that many as well. I'm expecting close to 50 folks to be in our group floating down the river after everyone registers. :)
If you have not registered just go to my website and email from there. We will get you a form and sign you up. Saturday is a full day of barrel work in the arena and sunday is going to be a day for fun and family that we don't get too much of with all the running we do. Hope we see you there!!! :)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2009, 04:32:51 PM »
Thanks for the info...............

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #42 on: June 14, 2009, 08:15:50 PM »
Might just see ya'll.... Might have to be in San Antonio so wouldn't be too far out of the way to come play on the way home....
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #43 on: June 14, 2009, 08:54:08 PM »
Perfect!! Woohoo!!!
I think that would be great. :)

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2009, 08:54:11 AM »
Ok!! We are getting close!! Omg this is going to be fun. I have a maybe that JJ "might" float the river with us on sunday as she will be in san antonio perhaps!!
Here is the current plan--since the heat has become unbearable the last few days we may break from riding after lunch. Ya'll can then run around new braunfels and shop, do what you like, swim alittle--whatever! We may move the cookout up to 6:30pm and start riding at 8pm again when its cool again. We will play it by ear but I wanted you guys to know as the heat has been so questionable and we are in an outdoor arena. I want no one sick and it to be learning and fun. If you have questions, please text me by phone or call at this point.
254-784-0914
If you decide last minute you'd like to attend--just let us know. I have some openings. We have a good group for this clinic and it will be great. Looking at lotz of fun on sunday as well!!
See you in New Braunfels!!:)