8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: BARREL RACING ON THE BAHN!!! JUNE 20-21, 2009  (Read 8356 times)

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
Re: BARREL RACING ON THE BAHN!!! JUNE 20-21, 2009
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2009, 02:00:23 PM »
Hey,
I just found out that we are going to go to Stonewall Friday night and then to Stockdale on Saturday night. A freind of ours has a place on the river and we are going to stay there..

So give me a shout and maybe I might be able to throw ya'll something!! LOL
Stefanie Medland

Offline lilbit

• Bittie Master of Mischievous
  • Posse Member
  • Fossil
    • http://www.myspace.com/txcanchaser74
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2009, 02:02:23 PM »
I also found out that the river is flowing real slow....

Guadalupe River below Canyon Dam

The Guadalupe River is flowing at 60 cfs.

The Comal River is flowing at 215 cfs.

No glass                                                                                       

·        No foam containers

·        No volume drinking devices

·        No containers under 5 fluid oz.

·        Noise devices may not be audible beyond 50 ft.

·        No jumping from bridges, dams, and trees

·        No littering 

·        Maximum permitted cooler size is 16qt

·        Coolers must have a locking mechanism on the lid (zipper, Velcro, latch, cord)

·        One cooler per person

·        Vessels on the rivers may not be over 18ft in length

·        Life jackets are recommended for children under eight and weak swimmers

Comal River

Inflatable floatation devices on the Comal River must be less than 5ft. in diameter or width at the narrowest point.
Limit of two tubes per person on the Comal River
Canoes and Kayaks may not use the Last Tubers Exit on the Comal River on weekends and holidays.

Guadalupe River Inside the City Limits of New Braunfels

When the river flow on the Guadalupe River is above 500cfs, it is mandatory for all children under 8 years of age to wear a life jacket.
When the river flow on the Guadalupe River is above 750cfs, it is mandatory for all individuals to wear a life jacket.
When the river flow on the Guadalupe River is above 1000cfs, tubing is not allowed.  The only allowed recreation is raft trips and kayaks.

River Entrance and Exit Rules

No open alcoholic containers allowed in River Acres Park, Last Tubers Exit, Cypress Bend Park, Hinman Island Park, and Prince Solms Park

« Last Edit: June 18, 2009, 02:05:04 PM by lilbit »
Stefanie Medland

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2009, 03:51:56 PM »
lol im glad its floatin sllloowww. i only doggy paddle lol even though i took swim lessons when i was little in marble falls, i dont remember anything... oh i can back float too!!! hahaha
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2009, 05:53:28 PM »
Cait you are too funny......   I'm sure it will be lots of fun.  Keep me posted over the weekend!!
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2009, 07:05:46 PM »
My family keeps bugging me about floating down the river..............Is there hookups and stalls at the arena and if so how much or they???  Is there still spots in the clinic? 

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
  • The WORD works for those who work the WORD!!
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2009, 08:24:41 PM »
So sorry Laura wont be able to make it.. (silly family decided NOT to make the S.A trip)  So I guess it will be Edna for me this weekend... besides with your "broke picker" I'm afraid something may rub off!   What if Cabana boy starts in on your "picker"  I couldnt contain my self and may drown... (understand with the water levels there may be more toating than floating)  You all have fun and remember... "What happens on the river stays on the river"
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2009, 08:34:53 PM »
They keep trying but it looks like I'm going to Edna too............I may trade my hotel room for an rv though.  I will know tomorrow. 

Laura Loo- take care of yourself............try to have fun!!!!

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:01 PM »
Well I dont have to worry about motels or RV's anymore... my on board  Onan generator is working great!! I can park out in the middle of nowhere,  tie my horse to the trailer and save ALL KINDS OF $$$$$$$$$ now.. I can go where ever I want when ever I want!!!
Horse Trader Exstrodinare... One of the only people you will ever meet with their own bag of PIXIE DUST...

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2009, 08:49:43 PM »
That's great JJ...........I used to could do that until my $1100 generater kicked the bucket...............We only used it about 5 times and warranty is out..........SUCKS!!!           

Offline josies jockey

• Fossil
« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2009, 08:52:22 PM »
REALLY??? My Onan came with a unlimted 3 yr warranty?  The Onan rep for Texas said if I have any problems just call him on his cell and he will TAKE CARE OF IT!!!

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #55 on: June 18, 2009, 11:16:15 PM »
So sorry Laura wont be able to make it.. (silly family decided NOT to make the S.A trip)  So I guess it will be Edna for me this weekend... besides with your "broke picker" I'm afraid something may rub off!   What if Cabana boy starts in on your "picker"  I couldnt contain my self and may drown... (understand with the water levels there may be more toating than floating)  You all have fun and remember... "What happens on the river stays on the river"

LOL LOL LOL "what happens on the river stays on the river"  hmmmmmmm.........
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2009, 01:23:24 AM »
That's ok JJ....you got out of it this time....hee hee....or not....I am going to Galveston on my birthday for my annual
cabanaboy loooo-ooooooooowwww.  haha.  He takes me fishing and to the beachy!!  So I'm comin ta se YOU.  ha!!
I'm going pull my land barge with the orange horse down there and stay in it or hopefully find cheap sleep on the beach.

Just finished all the prework for New Braunfels tonight and its 1:20am...so I'm gonna cut out and get some
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....nite all!!
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline Dakota

• The Beep Beep Kid!
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2009, 08:09:39 AM »
Hey all. Cant wait to see everyone here at the clinic. We are at the barn and finishing getting things ready for the weekend. Cant wait to finally meet peeps from the board. Mom is busy riding horses and I just got done cleaning th pens and we will be here waiting for those who come in early for the clinic. it is real easy to get to for those comming from interstate 35 take the 191 exit it will say Canyon lake. Go west towards canyon lake and go approximately 7 mile or three stop lights after the one at the off ramp. There will be a school on your right called Hoffman Elementry. Go right on Hoffman LAne and then go about almost 1/2 mile to the first REAL road on the left just immediately after the school zone and that is ROlling Oaks. Go to the end of Rolling OAks to the big gate and there you are you cant miss it.if the gates are closed and you can see a RED truck Just honk and we will come and open them for you. or you can call 830-625-3600. or 806-759-3235. and we will run out and open them. We will be at the barn most all day and then I will be here almost all night so if ya come early we can let you in and get you parked. Cant wait to see every one here and the river is gonna be sssooo much fun. Yes Mom will have her camera and I will have mine so we will try to get lots of pictures.

Take care and have a safe trip and see ya all here.
oh yeah BEEP BEEP BEEP
BEEP BEEP, BEEP BEEP  THE CAR GOES BEEP BEEP BEEP!!!!!!!

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2009, 09:57:58 AM »
Can't wait but unfortunately have to wait to get off of work at 5 before we can head down there. Will probably pull in around 8pm if we get out of here on time. Bringing Shannon, Skyboo and my two boys, Colt and Garrett so we should have a blast!

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2009, 10:50:36 AM »
You know you guys will have a blast!!!!!   I couldn't make this one but maybe I will see you guys at the next if I can plan ahead............