8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Prayers needed........  (Read 4770 times)

Offline luvmygirls

• Extreme Member
Prayers needed........
« on: June 24, 2009, 02:30:09 PM »
It has been a horrific week for my family!  My older children's cousin overdosed on Thursday of last week and died just after midnight on Sunday, father's day!  My youngest daughter(13) was the victim of a predator Monday night.  She had gone for her evening run, had been gone a little too long & I went looking for her.  She had been grabbed by a 20 yr old male and I had gotten there just in time.  We called the police & after several agonizing hours, there is nothing they can do since he "didn't touch her" anywhere! 

thanks, tj

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
Re: Prayers needed........
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 02:34:14 PM »
yeah, well, I gotta 12 gauge says he won't come anywhere near again, you need to borrow it!!  You know any, well, not so nice guys can go teach this creep a leson?

Glad your daughter is OK, prayers for you all.
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 04:00:34 PM »
I am not a violent person, honest.  but I do believe that if I had caught the guy he couldn't touch anyone cause i would have broke his fingers, his head, his arms, well you get the point.  Nothing worse than a mad Mama!!! I pray for your daughter over this, and peace for your whole family.  I am so sorry this happened to all of you.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 09:01:45 AM »
TJ, don't know you but wanted to ask about your daughter.  This so freaked me out; I have a 16 y.o. who sometimes runs in our 'hood. 

The Lord just brought ya'll to my mind this morning, and I wanted to check on how she is doing.  Personally, I would be a little freaked out if I were her ...
Miriam Mize

Offline luvmygirls

• Extreme Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 09:30:38 AM »
mm~

Thank you so much for your prayers!  She is still very shaken up and can't believe it happened.  She said it was a "nightmare" in slow motion!  She slept with us the first night, something she hasn't done in years! She is alot more careful about what she says, who she talks to & her surroundings.  God took care of her and she knows it!  And i am sooo very thankful!!

The sad thing is she was so comfortable here where she grew up and now is hesitant to go outside alone!

tj

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 09:48:42 AM »
My daughter and I moved to the "country" from Houston - a nice neighborhood, lived on a cul-de-sac, brick homes with sidewalks, etc. All my "city" friends said, "Aren't you scared to live out there by yourselves?" I said, "No, I won't let her check out mail here!" We have been so blessed to have good neighbors, both where we moved to and where we are now. 

But situations like this give all us parents pause.  At sixteen, Chrissy is now driving and like most teenagers, thinks she is bullet proof.  But someone ran her off the road the other night and she has been knocked down a peg or two.  I have never thought twice about letting her go off to ride her horses alone or run in our neighborhood, but your story makes me even more nervous about her being out of my sight.

We cover them in prayer and leave the rest up to their common sense and God's protection, is all I can tell you, one mom to another!!
Miriam Mize

Offline luvmygirls

• Extreme Member
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 01:50:19 PM »
Thank You!  I totally agree!  It's nice have someone to talk to!  Thanks so much mm!!!!