8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: POLYGLYCAN???  (Read 32694 times)

Offline FlOwInWvIcToRy

Re: POLYGLYCAN???
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2009, 02:41:36 PM »
I have heard some of the folks I haul with give the loading dose and doing follow ups and liking it...Myself included in that statement! I actually have gotten the dog version of one of them, I would have to look and see which it was and gave the whole bottle of it and then came back and did another a week later... Im a firm believer in all the versions! Just depends on how much you wanna spend and I say go with the cheaper if you can get it and if it works just as well!
 Isn't the Poly a mix between the two (legend and adaquan)?? I was under the impression that it was somewhat of a "mix" (not literally) of the two...
I say lube em up for the long haul! Im not a big fan of injections of joints persay but think any extra perks before it gets to that point if it gets to that point is good stuff!
Glad the topic was brought up, I forgot to get some for my mare Im running this weekend! Better get on the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!Sheesh!!!!!!!!!!
....If heartaches were horses and hard times were cattle, I'd ride home at sunset sittin' tall in the saddle... "George Strait"

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2009, 05:39:48 PM »
Do you give polyglycan IM or IV??  I'm hearing two different things.
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:02 PM »
 bets the vet that kathy is talking about my sons wife works for him and he (my son) has his roping horses on it .he's used all the other and this is what he sticks with . he just sold one of his horses that the boy placed high inthe money at gladewater on and that horse has been on it for awhile. haven't heard him say if he's had anything bad go wrong giving it . i know he said if he'd bought snazzy she was going on it. must be some good stuff. i can ask him more ? if ya want.
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 05:49:38 PM »
Why do you people load your horses up on crap, is the money that importune, think about your horse if he hurts than get off of him and find whats wrong. And if you can't, find some that will help you.
Come running with your hat down.

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 05:59:54 PM »
Why do you people load your horses up on crap, is the money that importune, think about your horse if he hurts than get off of him and find whats wrong. And if you can't, find some that will help you.
        i don't think this is any diffrent than a human taking joint supplemants or me taking my med. this is to help them stay healthy.
 you may have opened a can of worms. do you not take things for headaches,muscle aches etec. i take meds everyday to stay healthy.
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline dasher

• Extreme Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 06:03:35 PM »

I hope you are kidding by your above post!  People that are asking, are trying to prevent their horses from hurting, its called preventative maintenance.  You may consider doing some research.
Official Animal Element dealer for North and Central Texas.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 06:05:15 PM »
Well said Vicki Poag and dasher!  I thought the same thing but I'm having to bite my tongue so that my own thread doesn't get zapped!!!!

Thanks for all the input it has been very beneficial.  I care about my horse and I will be trying it!!!!  Glad someone got my back!!!  LOL

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 06:05:27 PM »
I have a say in it.
They don't.
 I figure I would open a can of worms.
 I can see when a horse is really hurting make him comfortable but not give him stuff to just keep going down the rode. This is just my openion.
Come running with your hat down.

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2009, 06:09:15 PM »

We have taken our horse to the vet to find that she had premature arthritis-the beginning stage of it and was recommended by the vet to put her on Adequan that will help with the joints. Since she has been on it, she hasn't been hurting at all and running better than she ever did. So with your advice, she would be without and still hurting because you wouldn't want to give her a shot. Don't assume that everyone just shoots up there horses for better performance and more money. My mare was caught in time to have help done so she isn't in pain anymore and has a long healthy life and not just sitting out in a pasture and can't move anymore because I didn't want to give her a shot. And if I could of done something before hand to help her joints out to not get the arthritis, then I would of done it before hand!

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »
 hey bets you know we gottcha back.  lol  
  and ya know barrel58 yes the money does mean alot to these people cause most earn thier living going up and down the road.
  ok i've said enough
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 06:16:07 PM by vlpoag »
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2009, 06:22:22 PM »
Yup, all I'm doing is trying to make my horse more comfortable for my road trip to Ardmore next week.  I figure it is an inexpensive help for her and obviously good help for her.  I know of one horse that is on it and it has been on fire.  I can't outrun it but I know it has helped that horse tremendously cause  she been kicking butt every where she goes and not in the 4D either, the 1D and placing in Pro Rodeos..........I'm not in it for the money.  I've done won enough in my lifetime.  If I place these days it sure helps to continue going with an economy the way it is.   If I were in it for the money, I think people know me I would have bought another "Mac"...........I'm in to having fun and doing the best for my Deezy Do..............You can check my trailer and you won't find any drugs that I use to hop a horse.  Hell, I would need help doing it.  LMAO...........

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2009, 06:25:03 PM »
Yes Vicki, the money does mean a pay check for some of the people that are in the business for that but the way barrel 58 made it sound was that we would run our horses to death without taking care of them or by masking the problems by giving them drugs and we know that is not the case cause most barrel racer take better care of their horses than they do themselves. I personally have had horses most my life and have not been exposed to the knowledge that I have learned here from the barrel racer that are constantly looking out for their horses.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2009, 06:30:23 PM »
To the ones that use this do you give it in the mainline or the muscle? 

Offline Runnin Wild

• Veteran Member
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2009, 06:32:02 PM »
You know what they say about opinions????LOL!!!
My mare got a clean bill of health from my vet when I had her checked...I started her on the polyglycan as a preventive.... I don't think that it is a bunch of crap!
I (and I think I am safe to speak for my fellow barrel racers) will spend my last nickle on my horses to keep them fit and sound. They eat before I do...LOL!!
So to each his own....our horses and dogs are alot like our kids.. don't mess with them!!!

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2009, 06:33:55 PM »
Betsy, Dr. McBride has Shannon giving Twister the Adequan and he told her to give it to her in the muscle in the neck.