8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: POLYGLYCAN???  (Read 32691 times)

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
Re: POLYGLYCAN???
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2009, 06:38:21 PM »
Okay barl5..........Yup, I agree.  That's why I'm always broke too cause I pay my bills and then I spend the rest on my horse..........
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2009, 06:44:54 PM »
Wow did I miss a lot of posting. Lol.
Hmmmm. Guess there is not much to add here. But I take excellent care of my horse(s) and client(s) horse(s) and I would not hesitate to inject a horse that I felt would need some protective maintenance or a horse that was making a lot of runs trying to make my living. Secondly I will say that I did inject hocks and stifles last year on my bay gelding and the girls here will back me on this--when I saw that it was not making a difference, I saw no improvement--i turned him out for months on end and let mother nature be his cure. When I got him back up this year I gave him a protective shots of legend iv just to help him as we legged him back up. I am interested in trying this product as well. With the number of girls on here that have used it already with success, I see no reason not to try it. If its good enough for quality horses such as em's (multiple 1d winner) and haley's (wpra $$ earner and circuit qualifier), I would say the product is obviously working and must be pretty effective. These girls do NOT play with experimental drugs with their horses nor do they not do what's best for their animal first. JMO. :) And altho I may not be riding a first place horse that pulls a check everytime I go, I'm like the other girls here--dasher, vicki, betsy, cjakerock--we all take exceptional care of them and no injection in the world would make us run them hurting.
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline HaleyT

• Elite Member
  • **THORNERANCH.COM
    • THORNERANCH.COM
« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2009, 07:29:13 PM »
Why do you people load your horses up on crap, is the money that importune, think about your horse if he hurts than get off of him and find whats wrong. And if you can't, find some that will help you.

LOL! You must be a playdayer!  Do you run narcp or the other association? I love playdays. Maybe I will have time soon to go one, they are alot of fun!
**********THORNERANCH.COM**********
http://www.thorneranch.com/

Offline HaleyT

• Elite Member
  • **THORNERANCH.COM
    • THORNERANCH.COM
« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2009, 07:31:46 PM »
Why do you people load your horses up on crap, is the money that importune, think about your horse if he hurts than get off of him and find whats wrong. And if you can't, find some that will help you.

Do you compete for ribbons or trophies?? I tend to like the money, but ribbons are nice.

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2009, 07:36:21 PM »
Yup Laura Loo--I had a great conversation this weekend with a gentleman and his daughter and that is who brought this to my attention that I should try it for preventative maintenance because it has done wonders for yet another 1D kicka$$ horse...........She got 7 BIG checks in a row until Saturday but regrouped on Sunday and kicked butt.  I don't know if they get on here or not but I am very proud to say that I know them and will make sure I tell them great job everytime.!!!!!  They know what this product has done for their performance horse and during our conversation it came up and he suggested that I give it a try......In fact my friend that was with me went home and Sunday night contacted our vet and got a shot a 10:30 p.m. to give a 23 year old that had to run Late on Monday night.  Don't think that shot ain't helped that horse feel better........He ran faster!!!!!........She said she will continue to give it and will give it to her barrel horse also. 

« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 07:46:40 PM by gbacres »

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2009, 07:38:59 PM »
Here is my opinion on what was said.  

We are NOT drugging our horses to cover up or mask pain; when we give polyglycan, adequan, or legend, we are either preventing damage to joints or to minimizing further damage from something like arthritis or bursitis.  It is the same as feeding supplements only in a shot form.  I am all for these quality, very common joint lubricants.  Besides this "crap" is only available from vets that I know of, so just how crappy can it be???

My horse works HARD for me.  Anything I can do to help him out, whether it be supplementing his feed with meds or loosing weight or staying fit or keeping him exercised - is the least I can do for him.  He deserves the best because, like was said, he is not able to tell me if he is able to give me his best, he just ALWAYS DOES!
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

Offline Capt Jack

• Customer of Bob's Burgers n Fries Ranch.
  • Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
  • Best lookin' Captain on the Seven Seas!
    • www.ginnysequinesupplements.com
« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2009, 07:54:10 PM »
Since Barrel Racing is not a 'governed' equine discipline, you can use Polyglycon.  In any other venue it will get you disqualified yet since most of the people I know Barrel Race it is not a problem.
I would switch to either Total Control or to the Fluid Action HA (and the new Fluid Action Essentials soon to finish it's testing).  Here is a fact.  Ginny uses Fluid Action HA every morning because of an injury to her shoulder when we lived on St John, USVI.  Everyone that knows Ginny will tell you she is a real trouper and got nada help from the physicians.  After all the folks told her to start on it, she did and you can call her and ask her about it.
Now....here is a note....this is Capt Jack telling you this.  NOT FINISH LINE!!!
903-530-8610 or [email protected]

Huggs from the Captain

Capt Jack

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #37 on: July 07, 2009, 07:56:51 PM »
CAPT JACK

I DO FEED FINISHLINE FLUID ACTION HA

I can use the polyglycan with it right????

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2009, 08:07:20 PM »
Once I realized how much more comfortable my horse was with joint lubricants, I went to Sam's and bought the biggest bottle of Tripleflex they had - it has the highest amounts of MSM, Glucosamine, Chondroitin and HA that I could find.  I am telling ya'll, that stuff works!!  I can tell if I forget to take it a few days - not put-me-in-bed pain but just low level discomfort that makes me kinda biotchy.  Never knew what the problem was, but now that it is gone, I sure do.  My shoulders, knees, elbows all feel better.  As I said, the pain wasn't enough to keep me in bed, just was enough to make me not want to do what I love and what need to do in a day.  And I don't take as much Tylenor anymore, except for headaches.
Miriam Mize

Offline Capt Jack

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2009, 08:12:13 PM »
Yes, yet you are spending money that you do not need to spend.  It is like double dosing him.  The inner membrane of synovial joints is called the synovial membrane and secretes synovial fluid into the joint cavity. This fluid forms a thin layer (roughly 50 μm) at the surface of cartilage and also seeps into microcavities and irregularities in the articular cartilage surface, filling all empty space.[1] The fluid in articular cartilage effectively serves as a synovial fluid reserve. During movement, the synovial fluid held in the cartilage is squeezed out mechanically to maintain a layer of fluid on the cartilage surface (so-called weeping lubrication).
This is the shock absorber that looses it's fluid as we all get older, horses, dogs, people..perhaps not fish or Bob Gould.  So the Fluid Action HA should stand alone as it is used daily and keeps everything in great condition.
Also, please remember we do not use pain killers (medicated nor herbal) in this product (nor any other product) as that is how the horse tells us what is wrong and tells the horse to slow down a bit.
Huggs

Capt Jack

Offline Capt Jack

• Posse Member
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2009, 08:15:15 PM »
Ginny uses the Fluid Action HA...when we went to Calgary, Alberta, Canada last year, she left hers in California.  After 6 days without it she told me ...either find me some or I will kill you......well, I found some as I am not currently nor have I been dead lately.
Laura is correct.  Injections can backfire on you really, really bad.
It is almost 9:30 here in Georgia and you girls are keeping me past my bedtime.
Huggers

Capt Jack

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2009, 08:17:18 PM »
Thank you Capt Jack for taking the time...............Since I became a Fluid Action HA user I have not had to inject my horses hocks in two years this July 7.................. I do believe that it is a great product. In fact I haven't injected anything but her hocks since purchasing her 2 years 3 months ago.....................

Thanks again and Huggs to you and Ginny!  I also like the Finishline electrocharge too.........................

Good Nite Capt Jack!!!

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »
we all take exceptional care of them and no injection in the world would make us run them hurting.

And neither would a check of any size encourage us to run them when we KNOW they are hurting!!  (I have, however, pushed that envelope and it backfired on me BIG TIME; thank God that He and Jack both love me and gave me the tools to live through the experience and learn from it!!)
Miriam Mize

Offline HaleyT

• Elite Member
  • **THORNERANCH.COM
    • THORNERANCH.COM
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2009, 10:34:26 PM »
Hey Barl58, where'd ya go?? Cat got your tongue?
« Last Edit: July 07, 2009, 11:02:32 PM by HaleyT »

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2009, 10:51:56 PM »
hehehe