8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: POLYGLYCAN???  (Read 32696 times)

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
Re: POLYGLYCAN???
« Reply #45 on: July 07, 2009, 10:54:11 PM »
Do you mean barrel 58?

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #46 on: July 07, 2009, 10:58:40 PM »
Hmmm, did it rain at your house today???
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline HaleyT

• Elite Member
  • **THORNERANCH.COM
    • THORNERANCH.COM
« Reply #47 on: July 07, 2009, 11:01:58 PM »
Do you mean barrel 58?

Yup yup, sorry!!! BARL58, dang yall have close screennames! I edited my post.
**********THORNERANCH.COM**********
http://www.thorneranch.com/

Offline gbacres

• Super Hero
« Reply #48 on: July 07, 2009, 11:05:43 PM »
Hmmmm, I guess no rain..........LMAO
www.gbacres.fws1.com/index.html

I'd rather be a "has been" than "a never been at all."

Offline barl5

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #49 on: July 07, 2009, 11:08:56 PM »
Well I didn't get back to Lampasas til around 2:00 today but never saw a drop of rain here at all which is nothing new for Lampasas!!

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: July 08, 2009, 05:15:43 AM »
No the cat didn't get my tongue. Went and did some heavy research on that stuff.  I guess I'm wrong, I know when I was running WPRA in the 60 & 70 We got on the rode our horses was tuned up enough that they didn't get sore.  One year I went on the winter circuit with June Hipple, we went to all the big rodeos,  all you had to have was a card and you could ride in the Houston dome Cheyenne.the only trouble we had was the tires on her big steel horse trailers. It had big living qtrs.  And the rough stock cowboy would hitch a ride and eat us out of hose & home. I'm sorry I open my mouth be for I look in to it.  But I sure had you all going hahahahahaha.
Come running with your hat down.

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #51 on: July 08, 2009, 07:22:20 AM »
Not sounding rude here and most certainly I will say with the most amount of respect to someone who is obviously much older than I am---but horses can never be tuned out of soreness. Back in those days ( and I will be 44 on saturday and my mom is over 60) horses were a tuffer breed. Horrible ground conditions, an entirely different safety factor for the horse...and riders weren't nearly as smart. My mother who is and was a H3LL of a hand then and now, sure didn't know as much about soreness issues nor how to keep a horse from hurting in his joints. There is and there was no way to tune a horse from hurting for protection. Really. Proper nutrition, proper meds, exercise, and supplements are the ultimate way to go.  I won't even go into the rest of what was said---but a living quarter trailer?? In the 60s/70s?? Really? Shoot us a pic of that if you have one. I never saw anything like that. I rodeo'd with my mom before I could even zip my pants by myself and everyone I knew was sleeping in the back of their trucks, or on the sidebox of an inline. One thing about it, I have smiled for the day. :) I only wish we had the options back then we have today and the knowledge too!!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:57:09 AM by lauraSchumann »
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #52 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:32 AM »
Why do you people load your horses up on crap, is the money that importune, think about your horse if he hurts than get off of him and find whats wrong. And if you can't, find some that will help you.

You need to educate youself on a few things.  This is not "loading" your horse up on "stuff" this is to maintain the well being of your horse.  I don't guess you have taken anything in your life?  This is the prevent having to "load" them up on "stuff".  Please read what you are dissing before accusing people of things.
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline MMRANCH02

• Dinosaur!
  • Prov. 3:5,6-TRUST in the Lord with ALL your heart
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2009, 08:20:11 AM »
There were a lot of things we didn't have in the "old days" to make life better for us all.  Doesn't mean we shouldn't take advantage of them now.

I just hate dealing with the old cowboy types - was around one last night.  "We never trimmed their feet, gave 'em shots, wormed 'em - never even heard of chiropractors for horses, that's just a crock of sh*& for you gals to spend your money on!  And our horses worked our cows just great without all that crap!  Heck, we didn't even feed most of 'em!"  I won't even have a conversation with guys like that.  One of my 4H kids' dad is like that.  They just bought a barrel horse for their daughter who drops feed all over and won't turn the first barrel.  You shoulda seen his face when I suggested having the mare's teeth done - you woulda thought I was out of my mind the way he looked at me - "Teeth, she's still eatin', ain't she?"

Ignorance of modern conveniences is no reason for horses to suffer.  "That's not how we did it in the old days" is no excuse either!!  Ya'll just think about all the things you DIDN'T have back then and how much more comfortable WE are now!!
Miriam Mize

The outside of a horse is good for the inside of a [wo-]man; Winston Churchill

I never want to look back at my life and say, "I wish I had . . .";

Offline cjakerock

• Mega Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2009, 08:24:31 AM »
HaleyT and Laura you two crack me up!
And Betz you can im or iv the poly but it is really suggested to IV as it is VERY thick and gets there of course faster.
And like you Laura I hope barrel58 posts a pic of that lq from the 60's!
Till we meet again, I love you Dad 1/25/35 - 4/30/11

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2009, 08:46:20 AM »
 maybe that  living quarters trailer was a demo model for the future ones lol.    do hope she shows us some pictures,   sure would have   been nice to have one    it was campers on your truck or mostly sleeping in the stinky trailer!!!!!!!
   but o' ya she has us goin!
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2009, 09:37:39 AM »
Hi again.  June had it special made for her( she was a second for Jane Fonda look just like her did all her stunts),  Yes it was big and clumsy but on generator did make them that small fought for electricity.  I had a big camper that had a shower in it, didn't realise then how much gas it was using. Tom Freguson sold it to me and he got a newer one.  I wish I did have pictures. But most of my pictures burt up in a fire when we lived in Colorado.   Thats all.

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #57 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:22 AM »
Oh yes I forgot to tell You I'm 72.  And have been around a lot I could tell you some horror story's about being on the road///////// ;)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 09:56:04 AM »
Please tell us some more of your stories....sounds interesting!!  And I'd love to hear them. 
If you have been around that long....you know my mom for sure?! 
Sallie Dishman?? Sallie Kelley??  that ring a bell?? :)
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 10:44:15 AM »
Yes tell her hi.  Let me tell you the time this mom was so tired that I left my boys at a gas station.  It was three in the morning after a rodeo, I  had stop for gas and helled into the camper(If they need any thing to go get it ).  Well they went threw the cab of the truck cause I had a boot.  Well I went  and open the camper door to check on them thought they were still up in the bed, It sure look like it. And took off.
Well guess what about 5 miles down the road a cop pull me over.  I ask him what was wrong, and he ask me if I had left any thing at the gas station and of course I jump out to check on the horse said no.  Boy if it were to day I would have been haul to Jail.  Yep you guess it I left my boys at the station. Now they make sure I know where they are.!!!!!!!!!