8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.  (Read 26553 times)

Offline FlOwInWvIcToRy

Re: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.
« Reply #135 on: September 01, 2009, 11:35:20 AM »
I am SHOCKED that this is still unsettled! WHAT THE HELL ARE THEY WAITING ON? DID I MISS SOMETHING? can someone give me the short version on what is going on....
....If heartaches were horses and hard times were cattle, I'd ride home at sunset sittin' tall in the saddle... "George Strait"

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #136 on: September 01, 2009, 10:04:02 PM »
Maher: Investigation continues in Dually case
By David Montgomery
Capital Journal staff
Published/Last Modified on Tuesday, Sep 01, 2009 - 01:00:26 am CDT

FORT PIERRE — Stanley County State’s Attorney Thomas P. Maher said Monday he is still investigating the July 5 injury and alleged theft of the rodeo horse Dually.

“The investigation is continuing,” Maher said.

Maher said the investigation has had developments but declined to discuss them with the Capital Journal, a stance he has taken since the beginning of the case.

Maher declined to address criticism by some rodeo riders about the perceived slow pace of the investigation.

“I’m not going to go there,” he said.

As state’s attorney, Maher is investigating how Dually came to be removed from his pen at the Stanley County Rodeo Grounds and found by a Stanley County Sheriff’s Deputy outside a house on Sale Barn Road, and how he sustained rope burns and other injuries.

Maher has said in past interviews he will not seek arrests until he is certain he has a case capable of standing up in court.

http://www.capjournal.com/articles/2009/09/01/news/doc4a9cb7c78c2cc136432432.txt

Also like to take my hat off to Capitol Motors, every car sold, they are donating $100 to Dually.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

royalspur

« Reply #137 on: September 01, 2009, 10:12:09 PM »
oh boy this is just infuriating~! I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY HAVEN'T DONE ANYTHING!! this maher needs to get the show on the road and quit being...oh i have to stop now or i won't ever

Offline majc353

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #138 on: September 10, 2009, 10:03:00 AM »
Any updates?

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #139 on: September 10, 2009, 10:58:53 AM »
There haven't been any updates on the investigation in the Ft. Pierre news papers.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline SD Ranch

• Extreme Member
« Reply #140 on: September 10, 2009, 12:20:28 PM »
Just pulled up the "justice for dually" website and there is nothing new on there right now.  I can't believe its been over 2 months and no arrests have been made...CRAZY!!

Offline cranky B4 10am

• Extreme Member
« Reply #141 on: September 10, 2009, 12:35:20 PM »
mmm, almost makes you go out and do the same to these jerks! Like they used to do in the old days!!

Offline majc353

• Elite Member
« Reply #142 on: September 17, 2009, 03:18:34 PM »
Bump - we need to keep the pressure on - we would want people to do it for us if it was our horse~

Offline clpayne10

• Extreme Member
« Reply #143 on: September 18, 2009, 02:04:21 PM »
still nothing in the paper, it is not even listed under recent stories---has anything changed?

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2009, 02:04:48 PM »

Update on Dually......

Dually went in for his check up on Saturday and still has severe tendon damage. For those of you who have delt with tendon damage, you know that it is a tedious process. Very very slow going, but it is healing!!! Dually is healing and everyday he continues to put his heart into getting better!! The road to recovery is still long and winding and a bit bumpy, but he is making progress!

He has been prescribed another 30 days of stall rest and hand walking, and at that time will be re-evaluated by his veterinary team. I ask you all again to keep the faith, I wish I had more information that could be shared but until then we must remain focused on the Justice for Dually and Wendy!!
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2009, 02:34:31 PM »
Wendy hang in there its going to be a long road but you and Dually will come out on the top.  <3
Come running with your hat down.