8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.  (Read 26559 times)

Offline anniegrace

• Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: Rodio horse tortured in South Dakota.
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2009, 01:45:45 PM »
If anyone knows Ty Murray or Tuff Hedeman personally, maybe they could forward this to them.  This really needs to go out to everyone in the horse world.  All of us who ever spend the night away from home with our horses should absolutely stay after this.

Offline Magic

• Veteran Member
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2009, 01:56:16 PM »
What happened to Dually needs to posted on every rodeo sight.
It is the worst thing for a soo called rodeo person to have done this.

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #32 on: July 15, 2009, 02:25:55 PM »
OK... lol this has been posted from here to enternity.... and yes maybe Texas does view things a lil differnet.. THANK GOD... B U T.... this ani't Texas and the main reason for delay is - part of this county is in/on Indian reservations.  Now, I personally have no idea of what Indian Reservation laws are or why they would be different the "regular" laws, but they are.  Not my state to pick that fight.  However, I do think the sheriff has done his investigation throughly enough so tat the Maxim penalty could apply - 4th degree felony - up to 10 years ans $10,000 fine.  As opposed to animal cruelty - misdemeanor - $500 fine and 6 months probation - no time.  So regardless of our "doings" they are doing their way and all we can do is PRAY for Wendy and Dually.  Another site has Wendy so upset with all the "blogging" - the sherriff's dept was putting people off saying it was hindering his investigation.  Boy did that stir them up even more.  The capjournal.com that was covering it got so many negative remarks about their "city" it took off all the remarks and fired an editorial back at posters to the tune of - this is our town, we aren't all like this and we don't want t listen to you whine........ ani't we all proud of the 1st amendment....lol  They can sure dish it out but not to good at taking it....lol  If you want to help - write [email protected] to Kera or go to paypal and send with the same email.  Kera is doing fund raisers to help with vet costs.  selling t-shirts and such.  Kera is a jewel!!!
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2009, 02:49:36 PM »
^^^^^ you are %100 right AuntB
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline countryprincess

• Veteran Member
  • me & nephew
« Reply #34 on: July 15, 2009, 02:50:44 PM »
^^^^^ you are %100 right AuntB

lol i put the percentage sign like money.. whoops.. oh well u know what i meant :)
Bleed Purple - TSU '13

Offline Aunt B

• Elite Member
« Reply #35 on: July 15, 2009, 08:00:19 PM »
Princess - it's ok.. I fell out when I re-read my post as I could have SWORN I did spellcheck... ooppsss...lol  I must have been drinkin.....again!!
Don't tell God how big the storm is, tell the storm how big God is.....

Offline Rafter D Horses

• Mega Member
  • Janie (Fishers Dash X Passem Up mare)
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2009, 06:40:55 AM »
Any more updates on the case and how dually is doing?  Many prayers to Wendy and Dually
Who ever said anything is possible...never tried to slam a revolving door....

Offline tuff.enough

• Dinosaur!
  • Go Big or Go Home
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:01 PM »
Yes I was wondering how Dually was doing? 

I would LOVE to kill everyone of those people that was involved in this whole deal!!!
GGGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!
Keep your heart open to dreams. For as long as there's a dream, there is hope, and as long as there is hope, there is joy in living!

Offline clpayne10

• Extreme Member
« Reply #38 on: July 19, 2009, 10:19:07 AM »
i have been checking in on the local newspaper everyday to see if and when the arrest will be made.  I hope the horse is healing faster than this case is being processed.

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2009, 11:19:58 AM »
I just do not understand how anyone could do something like that!!!!!!! 
Makes me sick! These people that did this should be banned from the Rodeo sport and owning animals all together !!!!!!!
SICK SICK SICK people !!! 

Offline ~Kara Elaine~

• check out my site! www.smokeminstyle.com
  • Dinosaur!
  • my B52 Bomber
    • smokem in style performance horses
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2009, 10:35:39 PM »
This is absolutely discusting! I cant even fathom what was going through those kid's minds when they tortured this poor animal. I'm just in awe at the fact that the law enforcement is doing nothing but shuffling their feet. Where the hell is Peta when we need them. Guess they are to busy ending horse slaughter and shutting down animal shelters to stand up and protest. I have no words grrrrr!
A fool and their money, soon have more horse than they can handle

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2009, 11:36:14 PM »
Arrest warrant in case of stolen, abused horse awaits judge's signature
By Journal staff | Saturday, July 18, 2009

Stanley County Sheriff Brad Rathbun’s office is waiting for a judge’s signature on an arrest warrant in connection with the alleged theft and abuse of a rodeo horse during the July 4 weekend in Fort Pierre.

According to a Stanley County official, the case file was turned over Friday to Thomas Maher, the part time Stanley County state’s attorney, with a request for a warrant. As soon as a judge signs off on the warrant, arrests will come.

The barrel-racing horse, Dually, was taken from the Stanley County Fairgrounds early July 5 after owner Wendy Halweg of Mitchell used the horse to compete in the Fort Pierre Fourth of July Rodeo on Saturday. A sheriff’s deputy later found the horse injured in a residential area in Fort Pierre.

Dakota Large Animal Clinic’s Dr. Earl Nathan referred questions about the horse’s condition to Halweg, who did not return a Journal call seeking comment.

Rathbun has said there were at least two suspects in the case. The South Dakota Rodeo Association offered a reward for the arrest and conviction of those responsible.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2009, 06:52:39 AM »
I forwarded this thread to a friend of mine in Wyoming that use to ride saddle broncs, but is still connected to the Rodeo industry, asked him to spread the word
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2009, 10:45:55 AM »
Diva!!  you have to excuse me....I fixed the spelling of the headline of your post...My eyes kept saying "radio" horse when I read it,
and it made me look twice to find the thread so I just changed the i to an e.....
I had to do it.....waaaaa...i sorry!! :)
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline cowgirldiva

• Mega Member
Re: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2009, 10:53:14 AM »
Diva!!  you have to excuse me....I fixed the spelling of the headline of your post...My eyes kept saying "radio" horse when I read it,
and it made me look twice to find the thread so I just changed the i to an e.....
I had to do it.....waaaaa...i sorry!! :)
That's okay...sometimes I don't catch my spelling....I read today, about the case...they don't know if a crime has been committed...what proof do they need....the horse was stolen then beat.
Max is home...with is girl Kaitlynn.