8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.  (Read 26566 times)

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: Rodeo horse tortured in South Dakota.
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2009, 10:56:51 AM »
Yep...I too am thinking...."how much more investigating do you need to do..."  Don't they have a confession?  Or no??  anyone know??
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline The Kid Two Watch

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
You would think with the horse being found tied on their property that would be "confession" enough...

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2009, 11:08:55 AM »
yep patsy...you would think so!!
but maybe its like....a theif could leave a stolen car on your property but you didn't steal it, kind of deal....
I know everyone is innocent until proven guilty...but WHEN YOU KNOW THEY ARE GUILTY...it is really hard to wait
especially when you'd like to see the hanging judge get ahold of'm.

I was trying to read about this on the internet just now...seems I can't find any new news other than what you girls
have already posted.  I was hoping for an update.  I'd like to know what the hell possessed these people to do this.
Or whether that might explain it.  They were POSSESSED.  Its gonna be hot in hell.

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:00 AM »
From what I"m understanding from talkin to some folks from that area, they don't have judges that serve each county. They have one that serves like 20 countys. Think the term used was a circuit judge. So, basically, they hafta wait until he makes the rounds to their county. You'd think tho with a story like this gettin the publicity it's getting, they'd move along a lil faster and get things rollin.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2009, 11:36:31 AM »
Lil...I think you can tell alot about the people of a community looking at something like this as well.
How many of you wanna go visit now??

I don't.

Couldn't give a rats rear about going to that town.

What that old saying....one bad egg??  Yep...right or wrong.  It killed it for me.
I see in some blogs and some articles that folks from around there are standing behind the saddlemaker and his son because
of their "family name".  I don't give a hoop what your family name is....RIGHT IS RIGHT, WRONG IS WRONG.  

so much for Pierre.SD for me............
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 08:49:18 AM by lauraSchumann »

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2009, 11:48:44 AM »
By David Montgomery
Capital Journal staff
Published/Last Modified on Friday, Jul 17, 2009 - 08:59:24 pm CDT

PIERRE — The Stanley County State’s Attorney said Friday he is taking time to make sure he has a case which will stand up in court in the incident of a horse allegedly stolen and abused July 5.

Thomas P. Maher said he has no timeline for arrests in the case, though he acknowledged facing popular pressure to take action quickly.

“People are real worked up,” Maher said. “I don’t have a deadline, nor do I have a timeline. I work on a file and I’m basically gathering information.”

The Stanley County Sheriff’s Department submitted its report on the incident to Maher July 10. Now Maher said he is conducting a further investigation to make sure he can get convictions for anyone who is arrested.

Maher said anger over injuries suffered by the rodeo horse Dually has made the investigation more difficult.

“This affects people’s willingness to cooperate with law enforcement,” Maher said. “They get dodgy and don’t want to get involved.”

Also slowing the investigation is the mobile lifestyle of many people in the rodeo community Maher wants to interview.

“Cowboys, they don’t wait around to stay in contact,” Maher said. “They’re moving from one place to the next, going from one rodeo to the next. There’s some of those people that might have important information.”

While Maher declined to predict whether or not arrests would come out of his investigation, he said his investigation is by-the-book and encouraged people to wait for the process to conclude.

“The thing to do is just wait and see like we do with all these other crimes that are committed,” Maher said. “There’ll be charges or not. That’s what we always do. The process works itself out.”

Maher said he will seek a judge’s signature on arrest warrants only when he is satisfied his case will stand up.

“I wish I could tell you that something will happen,” Maher said. “As soon as I give a date then that becomes some sort of artificial deadline. I watch the file until I’m satisfied. I don’t pull the trigger until I am — and I’m not. There’s stuff that comes in from day to day. I’ll change my decision when I see that I’m satisfied.”

To me....that sounds like someone who is shoving it back on rodeo people because they can't get their job done...... JMO

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2009, 02:46:40 PM »
Sounds like to me the prosecutor is somebody's relative
Love Generously, Praise Loudly, Live Fully

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2009, 05:16:28 PM »
could be a veryyyyyy close freind to the husbands wife
Come running with your hat down.

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #53 on: July 20, 2009, 05:36:59 PM »
My comment to Mr Maher would be:

Serious rodeo people do not stay up all night partying and hanging out to watch a horse being stolen----serious rodeo people are the ones who are traveling...taking care of business (in reference to the comment about cowboys not staying in contact--they stay in contact with whom and what is making their living, thank you).  Serious people were getting some sleep after that rodeo that night.
Unserious people however, and people who give us a bad name....they were out stealing horses.

I'm sure they have gathered sufficient evidence by now.  Arrests should already have been made.

Offline vlpoag

• Dinosaur!
« Reply #54 on: July 20, 2009, 05:56:50 PM »

i agree with you laura,like you said sure does give the town a bad name.and from the way he(mayher) states rodeo people are like a band of gypsys ,and these people don't live there so whats the big deal. i agree with the person that stated the saddle bronc people ought to black ball the dad if he is standing in the way . i know we can't be held for everything our kids do 'but if he  thinks his son had nothing to do with it he ought to be doing everything to help the investigation out and if his son wasn't in on it help clear his name . sounds like he (son) didn't have a very good upbringing,you know they say  most killers are cruel to animals,first sign.
"LET HIM RUN"

Offline kmorrison3107

• Novice Member
« Reply #55 on: July 20, 2009, 06:10:10 PM »
This just makes me SICK!! Sounds like their justice system aint ne better than Clay Co in TX!!! Set a KNOWN murder free just cause they were scared of him!! UGHH...I sure hope they catch EVERYONE that was involved in hurtin this poor horse and Give them the MAX penalty!!!! Sum people wonder why kids r the way they r now days....DISCIPLINE .....If people would discipline thier kids then things like this would not happen!!! Justice will be served in the end for everyone envolved!! Psalm 37!!!!!!!    ;)

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #56 on: July 20, 2009, 06:53:15 PM »
Lauraloooooo, since I know from experience you are the shy retiring kind,  lmao,  wish you would get the prosecuators e mail addy and tell him just like you told it on here.  Or, get it to me, and I will send it to him.

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2009, 06:54:19 PM »
Sounds like another "tree of knowledge" might be in the offering

Offline lauraSchumann

• Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2009, 07:06:15 PM »
Hmmmm...maybe we will send ANOTHER TREE OF KNOWLEDGE TO HIM...but this time...maybe we tie him to it.  haha.

Offline mammadearborn

• Posse Member
  • Elite Member
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2009, 08:37:14 PM »
and beat him with coiled ropes