8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Scammers on eBay now....  (Read 6893 times)

Offline Dawnya

• Official Wal-Mart Greeter
  • Posse Member
  • Elite Member
    • www.roadkillmercantile.com
Scammers on eBay now....
« on: January 26, 2005, 11:20:19 PM »
I have a couple things on eBay and this is an email I got from the 'Nigerian' moron:

"Dear dawnya01,

Dear Seller, Regarding your advert you placed on ebay, which I found it very interesting and I?m ready to buy it from you once you make up your mind to sell it for me. I?m willing to make an offer US$1700.00 for: SHARP AQUOS LC-20B2UA LCD WIDE FLAT SCREEN TV Item number: 5747175255 I want you to get back to me if this offer is okay with you, while You also provide me the cost of the shipment through USPS Global Express mail service 3-5days , because the package will be shipped to me here in Nigeria. I?m ready to make a provision for your payment once you are okay with my offer. I will be happy to make my payment to you by western Union Bid Pay Money Order, Kindly reply today as I hope to have a longer lasting business Relationship with you."

Um.  Yeah.  No red flag by you paying $1700.00 for a $900.00 TV?  Moron.  I should take his money and tell him it has to clear first.  (which it won't)   :look: >POSTAL<

Beware of paranoia

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
Re: Scammers on eBay now....
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2005, 09:07:26 AM »
The best thing to do is nothing, just delete it. If you answer them you will start getting other scams like you have won the lotto, they have a church in a far away country and they want you to donate. They will fill your email box with them and the only way to stop them is get a new email address.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2005, 02:11:36 AM by Bob "Lightining" Gould »
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling