8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Excel Spread Sheet  (Read 19907 times)

Offline Imprettiest

Excel Spread Sheet
« on: August 28, 2009, 10:14:05 AM »
   I have formulated (a no brainer)  Excel spread sheet for any arena wishing to try it or use it.  It is set up according to 1-50 runs.  All you do is enter the name of the runner, the name of the horse, the amount paid, and their time.  The spread sheet will automatically figure (the rest) their placing, and the total amount of money. 
     It does not, however, figure their placing 1-50 in order because it is set up for runs 1-50.  To do this can be done simply enough by "SORTING".  At the end run of the class simply "SELECT ALL" then click on the DATA tab on the Excel spread sheet, then select SORT and sort by placing.  It will then sort from 1st place threw 50th place in order (it is very important to select all first).  We use this template at the Ash Creek Arena and it works quite well.  It takes the brain work out of doing anything, and the computer does everything for you accurately.  I have highlighted the PLACINGS column in red type.  This is where the formulas are located and it is in red type to indicate (a reminder) DO NOT TOUCH.  You DO NOT wish to change any of the formulas, trust me.  They are very long and legnthy.
        This spread sheet belongs to me and I have no problem in sharing this information to help make someone else's life a little more simpler.  Anyone wishing to try a sample spread sheet or would like to use a template spread sheet can write to me at [email protected].  My suggestion is that you keep the template in a safe place and never use it.  Always make a copy of the original (copy and paste) to use. 
     I am currently working on a no brainer spread sheet to calculate all the classes, but that one may take a while to accurately formulate.
                                                                  Gary Kennedy

Offline Imprettiest

Re: Excel Spread Sheet
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2009, 11:20:50 AM »
Example formula (50th placing)=IF(D51<0,RANK(D51,$D$2:$D$51),RANK(D51,$D$2:$D$51,1)+ COUNTIF($D$2:$D$51,"<0"))+COUNTIF($D$2:D51,D51)-1 : 

Offline myvwranch

• Veteran Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2009, 01:33:26 PM »
very cool
I hope You Dance

Offline Imprettiest

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 01:58:35 PM »
     It does save a lot of frustrations, time, and saves you from any and all mistakes.  The formulas and templates were tested and then retested again.  As long as the formulas are not changed in any way it's fool proof and they do work well.  You can make it 1-100 runs or what ever you care to make it.
     Excel formulas can be very complex and I know many of people who have tried and failed.  I see no need in keeping it all to myself. 

Offline Gabe's Babe

• Defender of The Bored!!! Wait, Board???
  • Charter Member
  • Demi-God
    • Rachael's Equine Services
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2009, 03:30:29 PM »
Thats cool!!

Offline barrel58

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2009, 04:11:38 PM »
I'm going to try it on the side lines and see if it does ok.  It probably won't be the spreed sheet thats goofs up it will be me.
Come running with your hat down.

Offline Pro Pooper Scooper

• Novice Member
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
Just add about 15 different names and times as a test.  Doesn't matter how many you add.  It will only calculate the times that you put in.  Not all 50 unless you enter 50 times, and they don't have to be run 1-15 order.  You can skip a few here and there, it doesn't matter.  You will see.  It will automatically place the times from 1st place to 15th place.  Just stay out of the red area where the formulas are located.  You have no reason to go there unless you are changing a formula.  Once you are threw adding names and times do as I said before.
     Select ALL/ select the DATA tab/ select SORT/ sort by placing, and it will sort them 1st place threw 15th place in decending order along with their names and times.

Offline majc353

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 12:29:57 PM »
HI Imprettiest - That is great ~I will email you - I would love to have  a copy!!!! Very nice of you to share...

Offline Imprettiest

« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 08:55:14 PM »
        I've been working on it a little here -n- there in my spare time making improvements and modifying it.  It's almost 100% complete, but the final copy when it it fully automated will have the formulas locked into place to make it (wife proof) from getting accidently messed up and I will keep the final copy to myself, but the formulas installed in the one I send you will help you greatly with your own sheet. 
        My final copy will place the winners automatically along with the D's and the payout.  It will take a matter of only a few seconds and you will have the winners of each D-class and the amount of payout.  As of right now it only takes a few minutes to figure who won what, but when I'm done it will only take about 5 seconds before they anounce the winners.

Offline OldCanChaser

• Elite Member
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 09:03:56 PM »
OK.. I RESENT THAT REMARK............SEEING HOW IM YOUR WIFE!!!!!!!!!!!...........MMMMM............ THANKS

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 04:46:10 PM »
Thats funny
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline dralston

• Novice Member
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 08:47:48 AM »
Will it calculate if we use added money?  The added money changes each barrel race.

Offline OldCanChaser

• Elite Member
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 08:57:00 AM »
all this formula does is set the placing 1st thru 208, so far... it does not calculate the monies.. I did that on my own for the 4D.  Then when I do added money, I just divide it between the number of places.  We pay out in equal money, for each D.  this formula he has works as far as the placings

Offline dralston

• Novice Member
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 09:37:34 AM »
Can you send it to me at [email protected]            I am trying to find something simple to use at our cowboy church barrel races.

Offline brockhower

• Novice Member
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2011, 03:49:59 PM »
Hey thanks this is alot of help but i need the program in excel that is used for barrel racing (nbha). This means that i need it to be a 4-d or a 5-d format. Thanks for the help!!!!!