8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Dec 28, 2009  (Read 7331 times)

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
  • I was riding even before I was born!
    • Ebarrelracing.com
Dec 28, 2009
« on: December 28, 2009, 09:41:09 PM »
This has been a long and sad year with Benjamin.   It has been a constant battle with whatever is wrong.  A rollercoaster ride that I didnt want on.  As noted in my last post I had given up on the vanderbilt protocol on Benjamin and did reinstitute the B12 shots.   Well, it still wasnt getting him where I wanted to, at least get back to.   Man in Oct he took a real nose dive and we have been closing the ranks here just to stay alive sanely that is.   As most of you noticed I havent run barrels in months and we have been sticking close to home.   In Oct and November Benjamin was like there was a "perfect storm" building in his body.   Thanksgiving week I called Dr Stewart almost in tears and he wanted to put him on another round of Tami Flu.   I faithfully went and got it but just couldnt bring myself to give it to him and thank God about 2 days after I got it, Benjamin got a mild case of bronchitis, snoty nose etc and I decided to put him on some zithromax I had left over from earlier in the yr.  

Well let me tell you within 3 days he became a different child.  Not running and screaming intermittently during the day, in other words those episodes dropped to about 2 to 3 times a day.   And the next week to about 1 time a day and now it is about 3 times a week now.   He is looking us in the eyes, stemming has deminished by 70% and his language has jumped tremendously (signing and using words he knows) following commands again.  

Now, not only am I still using the NP along with Dr Stewart and the microcurrent therapist in Waco but we also started utilizing the energy chair at the NPs office (not going to explain that one either).   Let me tell you people, you would not believe this child.   I actually went and bought a program to help him learn to read, yes, I think he is capable.   You just can not envision the difference.  

His mythelation system has to be working, his neurotransmitters have to be functioning 5 x's better, it really is wild.   Im so proud of him and SOOOOOOOOO happy for him.   It is so neat to see him being able to do so much now and WANTING TO DO THINGS AND COMMUNICATE with us.   It is a wonderful day in the neighborhood.   We go back to see Dr Stewart next week and I will discuss with him why the antibiotics turned things around and request some tests to see whats going on with his B12 levels, homocysteine, T Cells and a couple other markers.   I am betting his homocysteine has risen to no less than 4 and hopefully 6.   There are so many things in his body that seem to be working now or really trying to work and achieving some normalcy.   I have some suspicions because of my research this yr but I will wait to bounce them off of Dr Stewart.  

I am very sad that there is one less person on this earth to share this with because there are lots of things I have been able to do for Benjamin thanks to him, I miss you Bobby.   But I want you to know that I thank you for all you did.  You really did change our life.   There are TONS of others of you out there that have made it happen over the past few years too, Thank you.  

I pray that Benjamin continues to get better and better and I ask you to continue to keep him in your prayers.  I thank God that He has shined His face upon Benjamin.   I will update after we see Dr Stewart next month.  

Everyone have a great New Year and be thankful for your life and the wholeness of it, appreciate your health or the health you have, be thankful for your children and their health, it is worth more than you can possibly understand, do not take it for granted.  
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 09:44:12 PM by Tamet Gould »
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline olneykat

• Elite Member
  • Just smile...make people wonder what you're up to!
Re: Dec 28, 2009
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2009, 08:19:30 AM »
Tamet that is awesome! I am so happy for Ben and you all too! Have you heard about a government program (yes the government has a program to help children). It is for anyone bearing large costs for children needing or receiving treatments such as in Ben's case. They will provide each child $5,000 to assist in their treatment. I heard about it on the radio and just haven't had a chance to let you know. Take care and have a Blessed Year
KC

Offline Katy Holloway

• Posse Member
  • Fossil
  • My younger days!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
Tam'et, Bob and Ben, you guys are tops in my book!  Glad to hear some good news!
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea!

Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let Your glory be above all the earth!!
Psalm 57:5

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2009, 07:11:30 AM »
Yall please keep him in your prayers, I dont want to loose the gains he has achieved.   He has had a bad bout with something for the last 3 days, his temper has been short etc but we havent lost any of the language, eye contact etc.   I am so scared that he will go back again.    Please keep him in your prayers.   
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam - I will either find a way or make one.  "Can't lives on Won't street."

Let us be reminded of what Captain John Parker told his army at Lexington Green, the place where the War for Independence began in 1775. He said, “Stand your ground. Don’t fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here.

Offline NBHA4DQUEENIE

• Elite Member
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2009, 03:05:42 PM »
sometimes we just have to count our blessing and be so glad when they turn into miricals  god bless u

Offline SparkplugsMama

• Global Moderator
  • Dinosaur!
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 05:11:34 PM »
Continued prayers for you guys :-)
"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined." Thoreau

Offline Tamet Gould

• Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Ebarrelracing.com
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2010, 10:44:58 AM »
Well we had a few rough days while he was on Flagyl but now that it is out of his system he seems to not be having pain issues and has completely calmed back down.    He is actually becoming a little opinionated.   It is very funny.  He will let you know FAST if he doesnt like something, so I am working on teaching him to say NO when that happens.   We go see Dr Stewart this week if the weather doesnt prevent it.   Will let yall know how it goes.

Offline starstruckranchbarrelgirl

• Dinosaur!
  • Lil Redun First 2D Wrapn3 Gonzales
    • Starstruck Ranch Barrel Horses
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 06:15:59 PM »
How is he doing? Prayers!

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 07:03:53 PM »
He is doing OK he hates me right now for some reason but he loves everybody else
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline flame_012

• Veteran Member
  • Me and Flame(:
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2010, 08:25:32 AM »
Hows Ben doing??
3 barrels 2 hearts 1passion:)

Offline Bob Gould

• Tamet's Husband
  • Administrator
  • Super Hero
    • Texas Rustic Elegance
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2010, 11:37:29 AM »
He tends to stare off into space for some reason. He still doesn't want to set with me like he used to. May have more to do with being 15 though. He has been riding his lawn mower ever day and just about wore all the grass off the yard
This came to me while chopping wood the other day. You've heard don't sweat the small stuff. I say save it for later and use it for kindling

Offline flame_012

• Veteran Member
  • Me and Flame(:
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2010, 01:35:09 PM »
Well im sending prayers
3 barrels 2 hearts 1passion:)