8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Need help planning vacation...Where and how?  (Read 1531 times)

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
Need help planning vacation...Where and how?
« on: January 03, 2010, 07:16:38 PM »
Timeshare is to me..I'm looking to possibly go on a vacation somewhere in the snow, and see timeshare ad's...what exactly is that?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 07:57:45 PM by kcameron »

Offline majc353

• Elite Member
  • Ebarrelracing.com rocks
Re: please explain what a :
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 07:24:45 PM »
Timeshares is split ownership in a unit in an apt or hotel. A group of people are joint owners and you have the opportunity to use it 1 week a year or how ever many weeks you bought. With some companies you can "trade" with other owners so you can go to new locations or Sometimes people don't want to use it so the "rent it out for their week"

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 07:32:25 PM »
Timeshares is split ownership in a unit in an apt or hotel. A group of people are joint owners and you have the opportunity to use it 1 week a year or how ever many weeks you bought. With some companies you can "trade" with other owners so you can go to new locations or Sometimes people don't want to use it so the "rent it out for their week"

HMMM...Well how do you buy into one? Is it expensive and does it go like one year at a time?
Have you had any experience with one? Is it a good thing or a bad thing in your opinion?
Thanks for the info !!!

Offline kcameron

• Fossil
  • I love my Willie
    • KSK CUSTOM HOBBIES
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 07:49:24 PM »
ok, so we wanna go on a vacation to Colorado...and our whole 12 years of marriage we have never been on a real vacation..so we are clueless as to how we plan something like that.I do know that we want to stay somewhere there are two bedrooms and they have doors..
I know that we dont wanna spend a enourmous amount of money but wanna go and have fun in the mountains somewhere..Where do we go..how do we plan this? Do we plan things to do before we go or do we just find a place to stay and get there ,then decide what there is to do..I would LOVE to be able to find and place to ride horses in the mountains..even in  the snow !! I would like to ski,snowmobile for sure and just enjoy the snow,the cold and fresh air ! We are not big shoppers so stores dont matter  to us..we want the outdoors mostly.
Anyone recommend somewhere nice to go? I wanna ride so bad in the mountains that I can taste it!!!!

Offline majc353

• Elite Member
Re: please explain what a : Need help planning vacation...Where and how?
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2010, 08:16:00 PM »
1st question - usually when you get the ads that say you won something and you have to attend the 1 hour seminar  - they are usually selling some type of time share - i know Las Vegas even has some that used to be listed on line... I had one years ago and i loved it, we HAD to go on vacation!  It was great - lost it in a divorce.. My boss has 3 weeks now, 2 weeks in Hawaii and 1 in Italy.  Initially there is a down payment and then monthly payments plus maintenace fees ( the units are funished with EVERYTHING.  you just bring food!  If you buy one see if you can find an individual and buy them out   cheaper, or look for one in a "cheaper location" and then trade up... if you get something in driving distance then you can go even if you have no money for airfar... Lake Conro has them, Glveston, Padre etc...
2nd  I have rode in the snow and it was AWESOME - one of the best things I have done - I went to Lake Tahoe. I think it was 25.00 and 20 for the taxi - then I found out a bus goes right by the place!
 I have never been skiing in Colorado just Vegas and tahoe. We even had wolves following along behind the horses in Tahoe, it was great!!!.
Lots of people don't know that Vegas has  a ski resort with lots of snow about an hour outside the city at Mt Charleston, so airfare is cheap and so is hotels.
Lake tahoe - we went out to the state park, it was deserted and we brought sleds and went down the mountains on the way back, stopped by a lake that was frozen, played made snow men and angels, my kids were 8 and 12. We rented a car that time so we did a lot of sightseeing and eating away from the hotels it was cheaper.
Skiied at Heavenly it was really nice,  They  have a sleding at heavenly with a ski lift  that pulls you up the hill and then you sled down. we stayed at Harrahs it was a nice hotel.
Tahoe  is a nice small town and we walked around, rode horses, snow ski visited the park and went snowmobilling, we are not show  people or shoppers so it fit for us!

One of our best times was going to the State park - it was like being at the hotel in that scary movie with Jack Nicholson  the Shining big 18 inch icecles hanging on the building..We were trying to NOT spend a fortune. Th hotel even had sleds the kids could borrow

Offline the_jersey_lilly_2000

• Mega Member
Re: Need help planning vacation...Where and how?
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2010, 10:44:49 PM »
I wouldn't touch a time share with a ten foot pole....heard too many bad things about them...and the owners get drug into a law suit in the end. Nope...if I was wantin to go on vacation...I'd just pick my destination and save my money and go.
Animal Element Dealer in South East Texas!!! Your either running with it...or running against it.

Good cowgirls keep their calves together ;)

Offline debhorses

• letz get this party!!!!!
  • Posse Member
  • Super Hero
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
we going to cozymel later on this year...snorkle snorkle snorkle-beware of the WHITE OCTAPUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
can't wait till May!!!

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 08:01:06 AM »
I wouldn't touch a time share with a ten foot pole....heard too many bad things about them...and the owners get drug into a law suit in the end. Nope...if I was wantin to go on vacation...I'd just pick my destination and save my money and go.

Boy do I agree here...I have owned one Kim and it was a pain in the azz...and when you don't want it anymore...its a britch to get rid off.  JMO.  It took me two years to sell it.  They say, oh no prob when you buy it but girl I am telling you that you save no money by the time you make the $200 plus a month payments or higher and make them every month.  You can put that money aside like a payment and then
just pick a different spot every year, not be responsible for another note to pay, and more taxes. =)
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~

Offline JJJJ

• Novice Member
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 08:39:28 AM »
look between ridgway and ouray, CO, I worked one summer for an outfitter there who does some spectacular rides with some spectacular scenery up in the san juan mountains.  there is one ride (about 6 hrs) up to the bridge of heaven (not for the feint of heart) and some others.  He used to have some great horses, and he's a great horseman himself.  Look him up, his name is Scott McTiernan.  I don't know if he is still in business or not, since tourism bit the big one.