8am - 6pm
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open
Printable Entry Form
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries Open April 14
Event Info Click Here

Online Entries are Open

Author Topic: Discussion  (Read 3109 times)

Offline shadowrider1

• Novice Member
Discussion
« on: December 14, 2009, 03:08:58 PM »
So here is the deal... my mom told me if I dont start riding the horses again she will sell them because we have no money to feed them anymore.. I really want to keep them and I begged so to show her I love them I need to get back on. I got bucked off a long time ago and broke my shoulder and almost ruined my back.. and riding just hasnt been the same.. i barrel raced before i got bucked off and got around a 15.77 time.. i know its not incredibly great like the NFR girls got but it aint to bad... I'm 16 so its definately not to late to start up again right?? my dad was a rodeo cowboy and i want to be a rodeo cowgirl.. i just need a little help.. any suggestions??? ???
3 Barrels, 2 Hearts, 1 Dream

Offline starstruckranchbarrelgirl

• Dinosaur!
  • Lil Redun First 2D Wrapn3 Gonzales
    • Starstruck Ranch Barrel Horses
Re: Discussion
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:05:47 PM »
GET BACK ON.  DO NOT LET INJURY SLOW YOU DOWN.
Riding horses is a passion and running barrels is your hobby.
Keep going!
I agree with your mother though if you don't ride them all they are doing in costing you money.
SO GET BACK ON.
That is MY advise.
Oh and have lot's of fun with it because running barrels a terrific sport and I love it!

Offline lauraSchumann

• pay attention you might learn somethin'...
  • Global Moderator
  • Super Hero
  • It is what it is...
Re: Discussion
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 05:48:09 AM »
So here is the deal... my mom told me if I dont start riding the horses again she will sell them because we have no money to feed them anymore.. I really want to keep them and I begged so to show her I love them I need to get back on. I got bucked off a long time ago and broke my shoulder and almost ruined my back.. and riding just hasnt been the same.. i barrel raced before i got bucked off and got around a 15.77 time.. i know its not incredibly great like the NFR girls got but it aint to bad... I'm 16 so its definately not to late to start up again right?? my dad was a rodeo cowboy and i want to be a rodeo cowgirl.. i just need a little help.. any suggestions??? ???

Here's my suggestion---
Just go ride.  It doesn't have to be running barrels right now.  It SHOULD NOT be running barrels right now.
You should just go out and and groom, saddle and trail ride around until you get some confidence going.
The most sure way to have an accident is to do more than your mind is telling you that you can.  Baby steps.  Take them.  You have to crawl before you walk again.  You will know when you desire to go from walking to trotting to loping a horse, loping circles to going thru a pattern. 

I do agree with this tho...a horse is the most worthless thing in world that you can own if you arent using them for something.  They hate boredom and find things to get into.  That in itself will end up costing you or Mom money.  You need to make a commitment to go ride even if its like what I described above or consider selling all but one right now.  My mom who is a super great horsewoman has a saying..."you arent using him...not riding nim...get a dog.  Will be cheaper and just as easy to pet."  Now if that doesn't make you growl and get you to the barn hoping mad...nothing will!! LOL...Good Luck!! And let us know how you are doing.

Big Hugs to you!!
If you reach the bottom of a barrel, find another barrel.
~answering your questions on trainers corner~